Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean, thats what we get from these haggard writers. And they never handled big bads well. Of course it became worse with Legion. Coming up with Argus as a patch was the biggest waste i saw so far in WoW. And before that, they wasted a lot of characters as well. But they learned nothing from it and came up with the garbage that is Naz'jatar.

I'm personally no big Old God or Void fan. I prefered the Legion from WC 3 and TFT. But N'zoth deserves better than that. I mean, it could be that he survives, even if his physical body is destroyed, but i very much doubt they will go in that direction. Maybe Sylvanas jumps in and seals him into the blade, turning him into a weapon for herself. And in the next expansion, we will get her and her boss claiming they will turn Azeroth into a death titan and kill all hope in the universe, only to fail miserably because they're written like complete idiots.

This writing is far beneath the average comic books. At least in the comic books, villains aren't dying left and right while having the most retarded plans ever for no appaerent reason(as well as heroes or important characters). They are reoccuring characters who have their own stories, some are lesser, some are major characters. Just imagine Doctor Doom dies for good after his first conflict with the Fantastic Four. The writing just shows how incredibly incompetent the writers are. And its a damn shame because Warcraft / World of Warcraft, this Fantasy Universe, has more than enough potential for better stories.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2019-10-22 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    what's the cop out?
    Seems pretty fitting that the power of a titan soul, Azeroth, would be strong enough to kill him.
    Because if it were as easy as shooting beams at them, the Titans should've done it in the first place instead of locking them up.

Though that's really beside the point, the main reason is a meta one, namely that after all the build up N'zoth gets punted off in a single patch at no cost to anyone.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly pretty lame. It would be much cooler if we ATATATATATA'd him instead.

I thought the Heart of Azeroth was to collect the lost energy to restore and save Azeroth from imminent DEATH (from big sword bleeding in Silithus??), not from Old God corruption?

And what about Xalatath, wasn't the blade the weapon to defeat NZoth?

What Lore mess...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Emerald Dream never had a Sundering. So if you tried to explore the Dream it would be much bigger than Kalimdor since it still a single landmass there that is larger than everything we have in game combined.
    Nevertheless I also don't agree that the Dream would have made a good expansion. Argus though would. If nothing else, Argus was a portal hub to dozens of Legion worlds so you could have zones in entirely different planets.
    emerald dream have layers, deepest levels didnt have sundering, but first layer is like reality just "phase shifted" or what to call it at least thats how i understood it from war of the ancients, i might be wrong, and it might be retconed so many times that its probably no longer truth, but still

Obviously, it's still in PTR, which means, it is a subject to change.... But still... I don't understand 1 thing- why people hiss so much about potential N'Zoth's death.
    You guys didn't bat an eye when we killed Yog and C'thun like mid patch. And it was stated MULTIPLE times that N'Zoth is 1 of the WEAKEST of Old Gods.

I don't give a flying fuck if he dies or not now.... But I just want this charade to end so I can hopefully get:

1. class redesign
    2. pvp fix
    3. rng fix
    4. no AP grind

in 9.0.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post

We better not kill him or this better be part of his plan for all the build up. This would be a cop out
    If you thought BfA would end any other way, you haven't been paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Oh no! I hope all that power doesn't destroy the necklace!
    this is the 10/10 response I've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Because if it were as easy as shooting beams at them, the Titans should've done it in the first place instead of locking them up.

Though that's really beside the point, the main reason is a meta one, namely that after all the build up N'zoth gets punted off in a single patch at no cost to anyone.
    Especially because Sargeras should not have been the only titan back than, who was able to create an Avatar of himself.

That always bothered me in the Chroncile books. The Pantheon should have been able to create avatars of themselves and go down to Azeroths surface. Sure, an Avatar isn't as strong as their real body, but still extremely powerful. And such beings should easily have this knowledge.

Its was also weird that they had no back up plan in their war against Sargeras. I mean, they didn't even seem to consider they could lose. But with some proper Avatars who could handle most of their power if they get killed by Sargeras, positioned in the Throne of the Pantheon or even deep down in Azeroth to protect the new titan, would just have made sense. But oh well, i'm expecting way too much i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I thought the Heart of Azeroth was to collect the lost energy to restore and save Azeroth from imminent DEATH (from big sword bleeding in Silithus??), not from Old God corruption?

And what about Xalatath, wasn't the blade the weapon to defeat NZoth?

What Lore mess...
    we only see beam hit him...there's probably a cinematic afterwards as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magni's voice acting is really among the worst parts of this expansion imo.
    Imagine him singing "Don't lose your way".

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    I mean, thats what we get from these haggard writers. And they never handled big bads well. Of course it became worse with Legion. Coming up with Argus as a patch was the biggest waste i saw so far in WoW. And before that, they wasted a lot of characters as well. But they learned nothing from it and came up with the garbage that is Naz'jatar.

I'm personally no big Old God or Void fan. I prefered the Legion from WC 3 and TFT. But N'zoth deserves better than that. I mean, it could be that he survives, even if his physical body is destroyed, but i very much doubt they will go in that direction. Maybe Sylvanas jumps in and seals him into the blade, turning him into a weapon for herself. And in the next expansion, we will get her and her boss claiming they will turn Azeroth into a death titan and kill all hope in the universe, only to fail miserably because they're written like complete idiots.

This writing is far beneath the average comic books. At least in the comic books, villains aren't dying left and right while having the most retarded plans ever for no appaerent reason(as well as heroes or important characters). They are reoccuring characters who have their own stories, some are lesser, some are major characters. Just imagine Doctor Doom dies for good after his first conflict with the Fantastic Four. The writing just shows how incredibly incompetent the writers are. And its a damn shame because Warcraft / World of Warcraft, this Fantasy Universe, has more than enough potential for better stories.
    All you're doing is comparing one cheesey, bad style of writing with another. There is nothing amazing about comic books where the villain always gets away, just makes the heroes look incompetent.

But it was that easy for Titans to kill old gods, they just captured them instead becouse killing them did to much damage to Azeroth

First, he is his own expansion end boss, that far more than C'Thun and Yogg got. That's nowhere near a "single patch".

Second, "at no cost to anyone" - the Cataclysm that reshaped Azeroth, everything that Deathwing did after his descent to madness, everything Azshara did after the sundering, it all happened BECAUSE of N'zoth. He did far more damage than anyone else(except the Legion, _IF_ we count what happened to Outland as their doing).

Third, we still don't know what is going to happen when we off him. The next expansion might as well be centered around the consequences of his death.

I mean we are shooting a beam inside N'zoth's brain. The Titans could not get insider there to shoot with that precision without making a huge mess and the Titan Keepers couldn't break in because they are not incorruptible murder hobos. Heck even the incorruptible is explained by Wrathion's excellence at textile McGuffin making.
    Maybe they shouldn't've outsourced killing Old Gods to a manic depressive who ended up getting beaten up by a mogu before he got his special powers.

But seriously, the whole thing is a cop-out. Wrathion being a fakeout is forgivable in the sense that killing him off without doing anything is a waste, but Ra-Den being around to sacrifice himself after being corrupted, N'zoth having no real world presence but instead just hanging around in a parallel dimension waiting to take over passively, and this feature of the titan facilities being used when before then it was never alluded to, it's all cheap as hell. Also, how does killing N'zoth make the planet stop complaining when it was the sword and the woons that Magni couldn't shut the fuck up about that caused it. I know we're going to get the azerite plotline resolved in a side patch with a handwave and put it in the big bin of wasted ideas, but still...

All I'm saying is that Odyn was right.

@UndedoKoleda

Yes, and Deathwing was already badly mishandled because by the time of Cataclysm he could've ended the world at any moment but chose not to for some largely arbitrary reason. His boss, a freed Old God, of whom even the least should be a continent or at least zone-sized monster, doing less upon achieving his freedom than his minions did while he was still in prison is embarrassing. Both required cop outs to handle, it's just that the N'zoth cop out dwarfs the one used on Deathwing.

That you even have to go back to Cataclysm says volumes by itself, because it just goes to show how little of anything he did in this one. The only damage done was through Azshara, as part of a plan to double cross him that only failed because of us. By his lonesome, he, as said, did less damage to anyone than either faction did to each other.

@Raven

Yes, but why? Killing them would solve the problem permanently and the energy of a still sleeping titan is apparently enough to do it. Me thinks Aman'thul doth protest too much.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-10-22 at 09:53 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was there even any doubt about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion BiS then. Next xpac we're gonna use our artifact to defeat the final boss too?

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    All you're doing is comparing one cheesey, bad style of writing with another. There is nothing amazing about comic books where the villain always gets away, just makes the heroes look incompetent.
    Where did i say comics in general are awesome. There are bad ones, there are mediocre one, there are good ones. I said the writing in WoW is even beneath the average comic book writing, because the characters and their stories are wasted left and right.

And its not always the case that the villains have to flee in comic books. Heroes lose more than enough or constantly need numerical superiorities. There are a lot of draws. And they're also not always at odds with eachother. Its not always a fight to the death. And on top of that, most villains, even if they're major villains, can't just eradicate the planet in no time. Which appaerently every major villain since Deathwing can and will do in WoW these days. Which makes the writing unneccessarily stupid and complicated. Because you can't let beings be successful in anything, who have such power.

Maybe they shouldn't've outsourced killing Old Gods to a manic depressive who ended up getting beaten up by a mogu before he got his special powers.

But seriously, the whole thing is a cop-out. Wrathion being a fakeout is forgivable in the sense that killing him off without doing anything is a waste, but Ra-Den being around to sacrifice himself after being corrupted, N'zoth having no real world presence but instead just hanging around in a parallel dimension waiting to take over passively, and this feature of the titan facilities being used when before then it was never alluded to, it's all cheap as hell. Also, how does killing N'zoth make the planet stop complaining when it was the sword and the woons that Magni couldn't shut the fuck up about that caused it. I know we're going to get the azerite plotline resolved in a side patch with a handwave and put it in the big bin of wasted ideas, but still...

@UndedoKoleda

Yes, and Deathwing was already badly mishandled because by the time of Cataclysm he could've ended the world at any moment but chose not to for some largely arbitrary reason. His boss, a freed Old God, of whom even the least should be a continent or at least zone-sized monster, doing less upon achieving his freedom than his minions did while he was still in prison is embarrassing. Both required cop outs to handle, it's just that the N'zoth cop out dwarfs the one used on Deathwing.

That you even have to go back to Cataclysm says volumes by itself, because it just goes to show how little of anything he did in this one. The only damage done was through Azshara, as part of a plan to double cross him that only failed because of us. By his lonesome, he, as said, did less damage to anyone than either faction did to each other.
    Him not having a "world presence" is what kept him alive this long. We knew since Cataclysm that N'zoth is Deathwing's master, but we didn't/couldn't go after him at the time, that's the sole reason he survived. He is the weakest of the Old Gods, if we(the heroes) didn't have our hands full we would have ended him long ago.

His stupid idea to make a move on us now is what got him dead. I can't see how any of this is a cop-out.

As someone already said, we are not locked here with the villains, they are locked here with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    We are all waiting for your first book.
    Im pretty sure that he (and majority of people on these forums) could write better than blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    How so? He died in a WAY more dramatic way than he should have. He was the weakest of the old gods and has had his ass handed to him not once, but twice already.

Fighting him is like the US fighting Spain in the Spanish American War which was like someone in their prime beating up an old man.

Nzoth isn't a schemer and isn't strong.
    You do realize we didnt fight the other old gods on full strength right?

N'zoth fought off the other old gods "Countless ages ago, Warlord Zon'ozz and his soldiers waged endless war in the name of N'Zoth against the forces of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron."

Besides it was Y'Shaarj the strongest of the old gods who defeated N'zoth. "Xal'atath claims that in ages past, the God of the Deep lost a great battle to the God of Seven Heads in the land that would later become known as the Broken Shore."

So no its not like N'zoth is a push over.

So this is actually the first time we fight an old god on full strength.