Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How DARE she exist in close proximity to someone on the opposite end of the political spectrum as her!

The attempts to simplify everything down to a "difference of views" is childish and stupid.

Actions taken are not views. They're not opinions. They're actions. And you absolutely can, and should, distance yourself from people who took certain actions. Actions like, you know, starting a war based on lies that's been going on for almost 2 decades now.

Jameela Jamil tweeted: "What a monstrous leader." A 6 foot tall 33 year old woman had to research who George Bush was to come to an opinion. Hilarious. She is a monster physically and mentally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So are you saying George Bush was friends with Stalin and Hitler? Was he a time traveler?
    I see the point flew over your head by a mile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    How DARE she exist in close proximity to someone on the opposite end of the political spectrum as her!
    The politics understander has logged on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I find it really amazing how many people have their heads in the sand when it comes to the stark reality.

When it comes down to it, he still issued the orders for war, regardless if Cheney and Rumsfield was in his ear. He's still complicit.
    He went off what the CIA told him, the same CIA people now trust when it's news they want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He went off what the CIA told him, the same CIA people now trust when it's news they want to believe.
    I know Cheney was fudging things so they'd have a better excuse to invade, but he still signed the order that resulted in the death and displacement of millions.

This Ellen idiot is apparently anti-war/swings left... yet people here are incapable of grasping why her hanging out with him is an issue. This more than just a "disagreement of opinion". She is bum-chums with a war criminal, making her stance on war and such null and void. It would be like PETA killing animals for... oh wait...

I know Cheney was fudging things so they'd have a better excuse to invade, but he still signed the order that resulted in the death and displacement of millions.

This Ellen idiot is apparently anti-war/swings left... yet people here are incapable of grasping why her hanging out with him is an issue. This more than just a "disagreement of opinion". She is bum-chums with a war criminal, making her stance on war and such null and void. It would be like PETA killing animals for... oh wait...
    With that logic if I am anti abortion and I am friends with someone pro abortion therefore my stance on abortion is null and void? That's very black and white thinking and proves her point you can be friends with people who you don't agree with on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Didn't everyone jerk themselves off over Bush sharing candy with Michelle Obama and them being friends?

Who gives a fuck. It's not like Ellen is a real person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with her stance. Those condemning her need to grow up and learn a good lesson of tolerance of those you disagree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Who gives a shit? These threads feel like tabloid clickbait.
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Conservatives should decide whether they actually care what celebrities think/do/say or not. Then let the rest of us know when they've figured it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sounds like fun, no idea why anyone would care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    People have way too much time on their hands to be "outraged" over being friends with someone with different political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Everybody is all triggered over this because it goes against everything they been told to believe in. If you're team blue you're not supposed to talk or be friends with people from team red.

It's a shame really that people are so upset over two human beings having a good time together and getting along. Shouldn't that be something we as a country should all be striving for? We sure as fuck lack it these days. We're all so busy with pushing our opinions on others and acting like their opinion is fact and the opposing opinion is wrong and trying to feel superior over one another. It's fucking pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Bush was the public face of the Precidency, but there were players behind the scenes playing him like a fiddle.
    He's a tool, but that doesn't have to mean that he can't be a good friend.

Jay Leno went to his ranch in Leno's Garage, he seemed perfectly pleasant.

The identity politics and political divide seen in the US is just on eye-roll levels these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Why does this matter?
    Do you people have a shred of awareness? At all?

The problem here is obvious: Ellen sees herself as a pacifist/anti-war type. Yet she consorts with the likes of George W Bush who is one of the people responsible for dragging the US into unnecessary war, that resulted in the death and displacement of millions... which the repercussions are still felt today. How do you not fucking realise that is an issue, especially with her reach and popularity?

George W Bush should not be treated like some kind of endearing, aloof grandpa. He should be in a prison cell along with Cheney, Rumsfeld and co. It is quite sicking the complete lack of awareness some people have here. Do you people have any idea about anything?? I mean for fuck's sake, many people died because of these buffoons... all for the wrong reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

With that logic if I am anti abortion and I am friends with someone pro abortion therefore my stance on abortion is null and void? That's very black and white thinking and proves her point you can be friends with people who you don't agree with on everything.
    That depends.

Are you running a public platform on anti-abortion and have the reach and influence as someone like Ellen?

Is your friend a murderer?

The issue of abortion is minor compared to signing orders to kill people and destroy countries in the process.

Would you be friends with a mass-murder who undermines your moral principles entirely?

Quite frankly, it wouldn't be much of an issue if she didn't have a public platform of anti-war and gay rights. It's as awkward and illogical as a civil rights leader being friends with the KKK headmaster. Sure, a lot of people can be hypocrites but this really is no small thing we're talking about here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Hollywood needs to get it's priorities together if this is the biggest problem in the world right now...

Of all the things going on in the world right now, this ranks somewhere at the bottom.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-10-22 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire point of this is that 1 Hollywood regardless to politics is filled with those just as out of touch as any other industry where those who have money and influence aren't really effected by the causes everyone else is.

The other part of this is the Idea that those who's actions are hated, and hateful sometimes tend to be people who may or maybe likable. Just because someone is LIKABLE, doesn't suddenly mean the terrible shit they have been part of or done is somehow OK, or that banging on or out normally against that persons and especially actions is OK, when in another instance you will turn around and friend that same person or persons.

It's real simple it isn't about growing up, it's about not fucking selling out and actually showing backbone on convictions rather than pretending to champion for causes that when it matters you don't really give a shit about.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Have you murdered any abortion providers? If you have, then your pro-abortion friends should stop hanging out with you. Having beliefs is different from acting on those beliefs.

W doesn't just have different opinions. He's actually performed actions based off of those opinions.

The problem here is obvious: Ellen sees herself as a pacifist/anti-war type. Yet she consorts with the likes of George W Bush who is one of the people responsible for dragging the US into unnecessary war, that resulted in the death and displacement of millions... which the repercussions are still felt today. How do you not fucking realise that is an issue, especially with her reach and popularity?

George W Bush should not be treated like some kind of endearing, aloof grandpa. He should be in a prison cell along with Cheney, Rumsfeld and co. It is quite sicking the complete lack of awareness some people have here. Do you people have any idea about anything?? I mean for fuck's sake, many people died because of these buffoons... all for the wrong reasons.
    I wasn't in the room when Bush made the call. I'm assuming you weren't either. Nothing I have seen since has shown that Bush himself made shit up. He's even said in interviews since that based on what he knows now, he regrets the decision. I guess it comes down to whether you think he was an evil warmonger, a fool fed bad information, or somewhere in between.

Ellen clearly thinks it is closer to the fool end, you are clearly more towards the warmonger end. There is no "objective" answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    This shithole of a thread needs to be moved to the politics section, it's impossible to not be political in discussing this, proof? read the replies...
    If it's a bash the right or any sort it usually stays up for a decent amount of time. If it's directed towards the left, it's usually moves/gone within the hour, unless it's pure drivel and bait. Usually how it goes on MMO-C

On topic. Look at it in perspective of whats going on in Hong Kong. ie why the fuck should you care about winded dipshits who speak out against shit that isnt reaaallly controversial because it makes them money or they dont stand to lose any clout/money. They would never speak out against China because they stand too much to lose, but Fuck Trump and Go China! Hip hip hooray Hollywood

Do you people have a shred of awareness? At all?

*snip of insipid ranting*.
    Yes, in fact, I do. And that awareness allows me to be a tad bit more level headed on this matter.

You keep being outraged though, I'm sure it'll mean a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    I wasn't in the room when Bush made the call. I'm assuming you weren't either. Nothing I have seen since has shown that Bush himself made shit up. He's even said in interviews since that based on what he knows now, he regrets the decision.
    Pretty much this.

He's a tool and his ineptitude allowed the puppet masters to do their thing, but him hanging out with Ellen is just about the least offensive part of the story.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-10-23 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taswalper View Post
    It is very simple. He's a war criminal. He should be in jail.

- - - Updated - - -

You Americans make me fucking puke. You know how many kids got killed in that war because of that cunt?

This is why everyone else on the planet fucking hates you people.
    Hahaha

I'm not an American. You certainly behave like the stereotypical ones though, no reasoning, just emotions and ill informed convictions.
    Have fun posting while you can I suppose.

Hahaha

I'm not an American. You certainly behave like the stereotypical ones though, no reasoning, just emotions and ill informed convictions.
    Have fun posting while you can I suppose.
    Just report it and move on. This particular troll is getting up there with the one who creates threads to suck the USA's dick (and insult the EU) for number of accounts created, and it will have to make a new one soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Taswalper View Post
    -snip-
    What war crime is he specifically guilty of?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-23 at 12:48 PM.

The problem with perspective regarding GWB is unfortunately the current president.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    I wasn't in the room when Bush made the call. I'm assuming you weren't either. Nothing I have seen since has shown that Bush himself made shit up. He's even said in interviews since that based on what he knows now, he regrets the decision. I guess it comes down to whether you think he was an evil warmonger, a fool fed bad information, or somewhere in between.

Ellen clearly thinks it is closer to the fool end, you are clearly more towards the warmonger end. There is no "objective" answer.
    I don't have to be in the same room to know that he made the final call. Either way he is complicit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, in fact, I do. And that awareness allows me to be a tad bit more level headed on this matter.

You keep being outraged though, I'm sure it'll mean a world of difference.
    It's simply pointing out that it's really bad optics and massive hypocrisy... and that people shouldn't really turn a blind eye to it.

George Bush is one of the most vile war criminals of all time. Nothing more to talk about.