mission packs for warcraft 3 reforged

Ive been thinking recently, what are the chances of blizzard releasing mission packs for reforged, (simmilar to what they did with the nova missions in SC2), that show certain important moments post WC3s timeline, like the battle for AQ, siege of the black temple, siege of ICC, etc. instead of releasing WC4

certainly possible. but assuming the remaster team moves on to diablo 2 remaster, who is going to make those?

WC4 is in the same boat with WoW2. It makes not sense to happen. On the other hand I'd like if they add "packs" containing the story that's in the books.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You don't need the entire team to make that sort of content.
    not the entire team, but it's certainly not something a few guys can do on the side either. those nova missions were quite involved.

I think the best move wopuld just release the map createro as they did with the original and let players go and create stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

well it'd be a good marketing strategy to add some new single player content to encourage people who've played through the storyline already and have no interest in multiplayer

I'd probably buy campaigns about anything in lore. Bonus points if it is actually new lore, that is not limited to the MMO's self-imposed boundaries (Race X cannot decide to leave faction Y cuz players!)

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    certainly possible. but assuming the remaster team moves on to diablo 2 remaster, who is going to make those?
    Good, then we can stop people from bitching about making the new iterations of diablo like D2.

They wouldn't be remaking it if they didn't think they can monetise it beyond an initial sale, this is modern actiblizzion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    not the entire team, but it's certainly not something a few guys can do on the side either. those nova missions were quite involved.
    I think you underestimate how many "few" guys are for such a company as blizzard... "few" people probably is around 20-30 people. Which is enough for mission contents.
    Hell even 5-10 is enough depending on time frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Ive been thinking recently, what are the chances of blizzard releasing mission packs for reforged, (simmilar to what they did with the nova missions in SC2), that show certain important moments post WC3s timeline, like the battle for AQ, siege of the black temple, siege of ICC, etc. instead of releasing WC4
    I agree. At the very least they should remake/retell/rewhatever the first two games in a Warcraft 3 style campaign. This gets requested almost every day it seems.

However the biggest problem is greed. Blizzard said on record that the coop missions were many times more profitable than the nova missions given the amount teh time it took to develop them. That is why they stopped and I lost some respect for the SC2 team content team. Not saying I would be against Coop missions, but I do not want them at the expense of new SP campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think you underestimate how many "few" guys are for such a company as blizzard... "few" people probably is around 20-30 people. Which is enough for mission contents.
    Hell even 5-10 is enough depending on time frames.
    it wouldn't surprise me if the entire retro games team is 20-30 people. teams smaller than that make entire games in the same timeframe. it's definitely a safe assumption that it's one of the smallest teams within blizz.
    so shifting 5-10 of them over to a sideproject is a big deal. shifting people from other projects is probably also not worth it to them.

but let's be honest. at the end of the day if war3 remastered sells 10m copies i'm sure they will make extra content for it. but i kinda doubt it will sell that many.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'd probably buy campaigns about anything in lore. Bonus points if it is actually new lore, that is not limited to the MMO's self-imposed boundaries (Race X cannot decide to leave faction Y cuz players!)
    What new lore? They can only tell you something that happened between WC3 and Vanilla, assuming they missed something in the WoW lore and the books.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just want Naga to be worked into a faction you can pick in Multiplayer. I mean they are pretty much done. Why are they only exclusive to the campaigns?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    These projects have teams of hundreds of people. Considering that most, if not all the assets used in this sort of small DLC are already made by the original team, yes, just a “few” of them with enough time should be more than enough for it… there is absolutely no need to get anything on hold over it.
    the main wow team isn't even hundreds of people.

and you'd need tons of new assets for these missions. writing, voice acting, cutscenes, models, a bunch of stuff for in between the missions. heck some of the proposed scenarios would need entirely new tilesets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    What new lore? They can only tell you something that happened between WC3 and Vanilla, assuming they missed something in the WoW lore and the books.
    or other stories that do not affect Northrend, Pandaria the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. Or 10k years of unexplored lore, or 25k years of unexplored lore in other world. The fun about creating lore is that there is no such thing as "there is no more lore to be made" . Hell, Kalimdor didn't even exist until wc3.

Another example would be for example, what was happening in the rest of the world outside of the broken isles during the legion invasion, who fought where and how did they succeed in defending the continents? did any city fall? This is all stuff that could easily be explored.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2019-10-21 at 06:12 PM.

Pretty sure WoW and the books take care of those questions.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I'd love that, and there's loads of possible materials. They could go with ancient history (War of the Ancients), redo conflicts seen in WoW (Mists-Cata war, BfA war) or just invent something wholecloth that fits the WC3 factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'd love that, and there's loads of possible materials. They could go with ancient history (War of the Ancients), redo conflicts seen in WoW (Mists-Cata war, BfA war) or just invent something wholecloth that fits the WC3 factions.
    Agreed, lots of fun potential. Even some rpgish stuff like the orc campaign from tft.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think the best move wopuld just release the map createro as they did with the original and let players go and create stuff.
    This. Some of the most fun maps I've played in older Starcraft/WC3 were player-created ones anyway.