Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Headless Horseman Mount

Question: I just came back from taking a year off and was told you no longer have to be max lvl to queue for The Headless Horseman and get the pumpkin that drops the mount. Can anyone confirm this?

10 years... 3-6 max lvl toons and no mount. Would be nice to not have to lvl all of them this week.

Can' say for sure, but you can check this yourself. The loot item (pumpkin or whatever) that may drop the mount is a different one than the one you get at low levels. So check if the reward item is the same on your lower level toons, as it is on your capped toons, and you will know.

If anything though, you probably need at least 110 to be eligible. I doubt they'd just give the chance to anyone, especially considering you could just create allied race characters at level 20 and delete them soon after.

Ugh I wish I could sell the extra one of these I've had for a decade...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Ugh I wish I could sell the extra one of these I've had for a decade...
    I had it on multiple characters before the account wide collection happened. I've never seen it since. I've assumed that you just don't see it, if it drops, if you already know it.

They changed it recently to be a character suitable for current expansion (110) as before that you got the mount dropping reward around 80 (if I remember correctly) but was definitely lower than current content characters.

I came to WoW cuz of this mount. Got it during WoD. Came to WoW in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Question: I just came back from taking a year off and was told you no longer have to be max lvl to queue for The Headless Horseman and get the pumpkin that drops the mount. Can anyone confirm this?
    who ever told you that lied to you.
    like all the other events you have to be max level to get the event mount!

ps:3-6 max toons is way to less. took me ~11 years with ~20 max level toons each time to get the love rocket.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I had it on multiple characters before the account wide collection happened. I've never seen it since. I've assumed that you just don't see it, if it drops, if you already know it.

They changed it recently to be a character suitable for current expansion (110) as before that you got the mount dropping reward around 80 (if I remember correctly) but was definitely lower than current content characters.
    You can get it still, even if you have it.
    I got the pink rocket from love is in the air back in 2013 I think, but I got it again this year (obv couldn't use it, so it got deleted because bag space >>>> ).

still not have it after farming like hell, even back in the day using guildies to form groups just for me... never even seen it drop in a group i'm in
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    You can get it still, even if you have it.
    I got the pink rocket from love is in the air back in 2013 I think, but I got it again this year (obv couldn't use it, so it got deleted because bag space >>>> ).
    I've not seen any comment anywhere for anyone getting the headless Horseman mount again after learning it (unlike the brewfest mounts or as you got the pink rocket - which I'd like to get once (over 2000 kills so far) never mind again)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post

ps:3-6 max toons is way to less. took me ~11 years with ~20 max level toons each time to get the love rocket.
    The Pink Love rocket is not a good example as it has a ridiculously low drop rate compared to the other holiday mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can loot the HHM even if you already have it... I have been taunted for years by guildies showing me them deleting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got it 10 years ago, so meh.

However, it took me 9 years to get the green protodrake mount from Oracles, so in a way, I feel your pain.
    Here is something to believe in!

welcome to the unlucky hours, the place where we, the eternal dreamers, share stories about a life-lasting hope when talking about mount drops.

Ah, the headless horseman mount, such an amazing design by back in the day standards. Some have been waiting since the very first day of loot, other fucking bastards get it by accident while trying to farm.
    Shame on you, RGN!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've not seen any comment anywhere for anyone getting the headless Horseman mount again after learning it (unlike the brewfest mounts or as you got the pink rocket - which I'd like to get once (over 2000 kills so far) never mind again)

- - - Updated - - -

The Pink Love rocket is not a good example as it has a ridiculously low drop rate compared to the other holiday mounts.
    Yeah, it could be different per event and very well restrict it; I got the HH mount a while ago (I'll have to check my chieve tab) and I haven't seen it since.
    I was just assuming there would be consistency in the loot table interactions.
    That's probably an error on my part (expecting consistency with Blizz).

this mount obsession has ICD qualities (2k kills is how much lifetime spent for "fun"?)... maybe u ll never loot it?

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post

10 years... 3-6 max lvl toons and no mount. Would be nice to not have to lvl all of them this week.
    It's MUCH easier than getting the valentines mount, thats for dang sure. It could be all about luck too.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Yeah, it could be different per event and very well restrict it; I got the HH mount a while ago (I'll have to check my chieve tab) and I haven't seen it since.
    I was just assuming there would be consistency in the loot table interactions.
    That's probably an error on my part (expecting consistency with Blizz).
    Just looted the mount again so it can definitely be looted if you already know it. First time since before account wide mounts were introduced. I guess my luck was better back then with 6-7 characters having the mount and doing far more runs each year since than I did then. (of course it's always possible they changed the drop rate to be lower due to mounts switching to accountwide as you only need it once now instead of on each character).

I do sometime wish you could trade these but I understand entirely how bad things could get if it was allowed.

no lie blizz could put this mount on the store for 100.00 and i'd buy it just to never run this damn place again... been farming since it first was put into the game never has it dropped for anyone in a group i'm in.. let alone myself.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just looted the mount again so it can definitely be looted if you already know it. First time since before account wide mounts were introduced. I guess my luck was better back then with 6-7 characters having the mount and doing far more runs each year since than I did then. (of course it's always possible they changed the drop rate to be lower due to mounts switching to accountwide as you only need it once now instead of on each character).

I do sometime wish you could trade these but I understand entirely how bad things could get if it was allowed.
    Honestly, at this point it wouldn't hurt anything to be tradeable.
    It's been around a long time now, so the "unique" and "cool" factor has already been shared many times over by plenty.
    Really, what could it hurt if it was able to be traded?

But they could at least assign a value to it, like 100g or something, so you don't just delete it to clear way for that precious, precious bag space.

Honestly, at this point it wouldn't hurt anything to be tradeable.
    It's been around a long time now, so the "unique" and "cool" factor has already been shared many times over by plenty.
    Really, what could it hurt if it was able to be traded?

But they could at least assign a value to it, like 100g or something, so you don't just delete it to clear way for that precious, precious bag space.
    I think trading within group wouldn't be terrible. Having them BoE would be. Tried to trade a ring I got yesterday that I didn't need but couldn't and it was from the horseman not the loot pumpkin. Making the rings untradeable seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post

Incorrect 110 and up is the level eligible for the epic pumpkin that awards the mount