Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    if this is the end of nzoth then it will effectively be the worst expansion ever

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    AZEROTH IS FREE!!! shout Sylvanas, both Genn and Tyrande stand by her side clapping.

- - - Updated - - -

We fought manifestation of C'Thun and Yogi - this is full unleashed old god. Free to do his bidding. And apparently everything you need to drop old god influence and mind control is "be stronk" shouted by stupid garden dwarf.
    Doesn't change the fact that he is the runt of the litter, we have fought a titan, admittedly with the help of the pantheon, but still if we can go toe to toe with a titan I am sure our artifacts that are super juiced up on titan blood would be more than a match for N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh god, who did I leave pregnant???
    Aren't you gay? That's not feasible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    Story has impact and at no point has N'Zoth felt deadly and I feel this is why some are just sad to see N'Zoth squatted like a bug, Sylvanas has shown throughout the expansion and cinematics to be more sinister and deadly than a powerful old god, her character has been at the forefront of this expansion while the more powerful being being sidelined and a subplot until we're actually having to deal with him.

Sure you've had Crucible of Storms & Eternal Palace reference the old god but he's been released and defeated/killed in one patch essentially.

The Horrific Visions on the PTR do not give any credible storyline threat that N'Zoth is powerful, like at all. It's just bad storytelling.

Deathwing - Laser through dragon soul powered by aspects.
    Sargeras - Tractor beam laser from the seat of the pantheon powered by the pantheon.
    N'Zoth - Laser from heart of azeroth powered by forge of re-origination.
    N'Zoth is a schemer, a planer, but most of all, a huge blob. Its hard for that to be deadly/dangerous in itself. The interesting thing is his scheming and they did a lot of that in BFA, pretty much from the start of the expansion in some areas. There was even talk about him during early stages of Legion, so don't come here and say that he has been pushed away before even being talked about.

More importantly, N'Zoth as a character does not stand alone, but is clumbed together with the other old gods, who have been a villian since WoWs 3rd raid. He is not something new, his theme is not something new and his entire pressences is not new. I think it would have been a shame if they had tried to create an entire expansion around him, because it would just have felt like a 2nd Cata again, with old gods everywhere.

N'Zoth got to show his face in BFA, be a major talk point for the most of the expansion, have a high note at the end and actually be the final boss of the expansion. There is no risk of theme/Old Gods fatique, he gets to go out in a story focused major bang with nobody being set up after him. I don't think you can ask for more/better in a character situation.

That said, we can talk all along about his actual character or his death, but then again, how much is there to talk about when it comes to a literally pure evil corruption god, who wants to kill/overtake the planet, and how would YOU kill a mega creature like N'Zoth with anything other than a big hyper weapon?
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Well, for a while it seemed to me like they were trying to go through with the whole "haha, you were tricked into freeing N'Zoth with the HoA" storyline... you know, "the King of Diamonds has been made a pawn" and all that. But it looks like they scrapped that idea real quick when they realized they didn't want to actually corrupt Magni. Or kinda forgot about it.
    You don't have to actually corrupt someone to make them your pawn. You just have to be able to take their intentions and turn them to your benefit instead of theirs, I.E. Azshara finding a way to use the Heart of Azeroth and the power we have been accumulating in it for her purposes instead of ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Inb4 it ends up just being a fake video they put in and then it turns out the true cinematic is just waiting once 8.3 launches LUL

So the Heart of Azeroth is just a Titanic Dragon/Demon Soul?
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Inb4 it ends up just being a fake video they put in and then it turns out the true cinematic is just waiting once 8.3 launches LUL
    Yeah that is so lame it has to be a misdirect imho. No way they just forgot to encrypt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    The main difference between us and the titans is that we're small enough to kill them without harming Azeroth. When the titans encountered them they could kill, at the cost of a continent each time. So yeah, the better choice was to seal that shit.
    It wasn't a continent that was the problem. It was the fact that the Titans couldn't rip the Old Gods out of Azeroth without causing serious damage to the World Soul, as they had delved too deeply for the Titans to safely remove them. WE aren't ripping them out, we're just killing them. As to the cinematic, I wouldn't be surprised if N'zoth had a plan to gather up all of that HoA energy fake his death, and try to resurrect his pals.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope there's a Mythic only phase to the fight with N'Zoth where you climb his back and try to break apart his carapace while trying to not get shaken off, so you can blast him in the squishy bits and win.
    I mean, if they're gonna go Dragon Soul, may as well go all out.

Oh no...

We defeated N'zoth? IN THE EXPANSION WHERE THE FINAL BOSS WAS N'ZOTH?! HOLY SHIT!!! How shocking. And now the Heart's likely going to implode on us like the Artifacts for another crappy system? Oh wow...how shocking. I am...so...excit---

ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    So the Heart of Azeroth is just a Titanic Dragon/Demon Soul?
    It's a far more powerful version of it. Yes.

Not surprising, but just silly. And already 'done' in Dragon Soul.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The cinematic is literally called "Death of N'Zoth (Ny'alotha Raid Finale)," multiple characters are datamined talking about how he's defeated, and Magni has been datamined stating that Azeroth no longer is in pain due to the Old Gods. He's dead, Jim.
    If that's true, the last real chance at story development for this expac and the next is gone :/ We should have lost.

That cinematic is... ridiculous.

So that's it, we get tired during the fight, N'Zoth is playing with our will, we're about to give up and then the "Diamond King made a pawn to fill the Heart of Azeroth that been used to free N'Zoth" cheers us and we find a second wind.
    Then he and that robot-like Titan construct, that were goofing in the background with some "which button should I press? Oh no, not that one!", find the way to start the big lazer beam and focus it on us.
    And then the power gathered by the Heart Of Azeroth is unleashed on N'Zoth, who dies in a huge white flash.

And after that, everybody falls in love, peace is here, XoXoXo, hugs4free blablablah, and the game changes to World of Care Bears.

I think I'm gonna slice my veins if they don't bing something else, because this is the worst writing ever.
    Worst than WOD last patch.

Please Sylvanas, next expansion, burn that world to the ground.
    It doesn't deserve our time and money anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah that is so lame it has to be a misdirect imho. No way they just forgot to encrypt it.
    The beam thing seems kinda weird to me, doesn't seem like it fits in WoW
    so my theory is that this might just be misdirection

Well that was underwhelming. And so obviously the Heart of Azeroth will go the way of the artifact weapons in 9.0 and that's fine. I just hope they stop giving us these artifact things already and focus on class design instead. Bring back optional talents that are truly optional.

It's fine. We have so many throwaway epic villains roaming free, we just pull out another one from the hat. Or resurrect another quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    He's been known since prior to Legion and I understand what you mean. Yes he's schemed and got people and follower's to do his bidding ultimately to be released from his prison to unleash his full power only for it to not come to fruition because we just zap him away, if you don't feel the Black Empire is interesting I understand that as we have had a fair bit of old god related things throughout the expansions but I personally feel that they built N'Zoth up over time like most of their characters to ultimately be dispatched off swiftly but there again the lore from the start of World of Warcraft game franchise has been dire anyway.
    Hey i totally get your point. I also have had some great ideas about how a Black Empire expansion would look like and they could have made a very uniquely Old Gods expansion, that stood out from Cata. They could even make N'zoth a structure instead of just a boss, him being a constant pressence throughout the entire Black Empire zones, as his mass/tendrals are literally there, with zones of Aqir, Mantid and with allies in the form of titan constructs coming to Azeroths defense.

But that is the thing with most things in WoW Lore, you can make anything into an expansion if you want to. But if you had to choose, "another" old god expansion is not unique enough for the game. And N'Zoth is just not iconic enough to carry an entire expansion on his shoulders, both when it comes to the actual game, but also a face for WoW in general.

That is atleast what i believe.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    AZEROTH IS FREE!!! shout Sylvanas, both Genn and Tyrande stand by her side clapping.

- - - Updated - - -

We fought manifestation of C'Thun and Yogi - this is full unleashed old god. Free to do his bidding. And apparently everything you need to drop old god influence and mind control is "be stronk" shouted by stupid garden dwarf.
    And a cape crafted by a dragon who's been searching for a while it seems on how to resist old god whispers and the heart of azeroth herself...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Let's all keep in mind that cinematic:
    A ) Has no audio
    B ) Has very mediocre animations

Personally, I think someone threw that together in a couple hours just to misdirect us, and make it seem like a big oopsie.
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    ^^ ROFL. None of what you said matters.