Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    C'thun and Yogg was prisoned but N'Zoth is fully free. What I mean is its so sad to see killing an Old God in a single patch not a whole expansion.
    We killed a Titan in a single patch after no mentions of him until his actual patch. At least N'Zoth has actual build up since the Cata days.

Why don't anyone care about the consequences for the planets? The death of the Old Gods brings great harm to the planet, and we decided to kill N'zoth when the sword of Sargeras still sticks out of the planet and azerite appears everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    C'thun and Yogg was prisoned but N'Zoth is fully free. What I mean is its so sad to see killing an Old God in a single patch not a whole expansion.
    C'Thun was freed, though, as stated in Chronicle. Personally, I find it unsurprising since none of the Old Gods has taken us an entire expansion to deal with. I agree that Blizzard could've given N'Zoth a little more screentime, though. If anything, that could serve as an introduction to the bigger threats in the Void, but I guess Xal'Atah took that role.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Why don't anyone care about the consequences for the planets? The death of the Old Gods brings great harm to the planet, and we decided to kill N'zoth when the sword of Sargeras still sticks out of the planet and azerite appears everywhere
    It's just one Old God, and we didn't kill him in the same brutal manner as Aman'thul did. That, plus lore-wise, we've been spent our time gathering Azerite to empower our Heart of Azeroth and heal her, so I guess Azeroth would survive it. At least, she didn't seem to be in distress in the epilogue cutscene.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-10-22 at 04:47 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

It doesn't bring harm. We saw that with Yogg and C'thun. It only brings harm when you tear it out of the surface like Aman'thul did with Y'Shaarj.

And we don't care because we cannot lose, at all. Everything Blizz throws at us is just a minor inconvience. BfA brought it so far that even the characters in the universe don't care anymore. Almost like they know they are parts of a game and on the winning side. There are no stakes here. Even IF Azeroth becomes fully corrupted and a Void Titan awakes. In 1 patch the problem is solved and life goes on as expected. Why worry about it at all?
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2019-10-22 at 04:50 PM.

Kamehameha finisher

I honestly didn't expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Kamehameha finisher

I honestly didn't expect much.
    The funny thing is, the builds ups and stakes at DBZ were higher... for all it's over the top power levels DBZ actually manages to make interesting storyarcs and villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Jesus fucking christ. That was so bad.

Lets take one of worst hated plot points of the most hated lack luster expansions and completely recreate it.

Floating character, check
    Other NPCs shouting support, check
    Magical item being imbued with power from powerful beings, check
    Beam of light firing into the enemy, check
    enemy being completely defenseless to beam of light, check

Literally the only thing missing is the ocean and the poof of sparkles following the beam.

I mean, Im not playing BFA currently, but ever since the SP artifact wep plot came in, I've been keeping up with it and enjoying what I've read / seen. Until now. Completely ruined it. Even if its not destroyed, its just urg.

Sorry you didnt like it, seemed perfectly fine to me. Thanks for commenting on something you don't care about or play though!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    The funny thing is, the builds ups and stakes at DBZ were higher... for all it's over the top power levels DBZ actually manages to make interesting storyarcs and villains.
    WoW world had that too...

I think this: Wrathion encounter is basically a vision, so what if ALL the raid (or maybe just a part of it, like the N'zoth encounter) is a vision? Remember that the name of the patch is "VISIONS of N'zoth" and we visit Stormwind and Orgrimmar in two distinct visions, so if he gives us visions is possible that his death could be a vision? N'zoth said (and not just him) that we must prove ourselves worthy, but worthy for what? What if he is testing us as Odyn tested us in Legion and the REAL Ny'alotha (not the vision one) will come in 9.0? And if I am wrong, by now I'm really disappointed by the fact that in Ny'alotha there isn't the Tower of Sacrifice like Xal'atah said in Legion "Do not be impressed by tall icons of the titans which stand here. The towers of sacrifice in Ny'alotha dwarf these pathetic temples." ... also I'm expecting to see more madness and more gore in that raid, just because Blizzard hyped us with "In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things" and "Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Last task of the expansion. Player character is to channel the magical energy of an entire planet through its body in order to defeat an ancient enemy that even the Creators of the universe thought hard to deal with.

Next expansion first quest, have player character collect 10 pinecones while looking out for those nasty frost kobolds.

Things become absurd yet always is the same

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    C'Thun was freed, though, as stated in Chronicle. Personally, I find it unsurprising since none of the Old Gods has taken us an entire expansion to deal with. I agree that Blizzard could've given N'Zoth a little more screentime, though. If anything, that could serve as an introduction to the bigger threats in the Void, but I guess Xal'Atah took that role.

It's just one Old God, and we didn't kill him in the same brutal manner as Aman'thul did. That, plus lore-wise, we've been spent our time gathering Azerite to empower our Heart of Azeroth and heal her, so I guess Azeroth would survive it. At least, she didn't seem to be in distress in the epilogue cutscene.
    We also did not kill Yogg-Saron and C'thun as Aman'thul. As a result, the Cataclysm happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    It doesn't bring harm. We saw that with Yogg and C'thun. It only brings harm when you tear it out of the surface like Aman'thul did with Y'Shaarj.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d343AvMF4yA&t=4m55s

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Last task of the expansion. Player character is to channel the magical energy of an entire planet through its body in order to defeat an ancient enemy that even the Creators of the universe thought hard to deal with.
    I don't know, not only the Titans aren't "Creators of the Universe", but they didn't really have any issue with killing the Old Gods. Their only problem was that they were too powerful to kill them as "gently" as we did

We also did not kill Yogg-Saron and K'tun as Aman'tul. As a result, the Cataclysm happened.
    Yeah, but those are two Old Gods, this is one. We didn't have the Heart of Azeroth gathering Azerite and Titan essences to heal the planet itself either. Not to mention that people who possess knowledge to heal the planet (i.e: the Keepers) were, as far as we know, rather inactive; Now we at least have Magni and MOTHER working on it, if not others as well. Lastly, even if the world is weakened, there isn't a Neltharion to make it worse (yet), so all in all, it seems to be a much better situation. After all, based on what Magni said in the epilogue cutscene, Azeroth seems to be happy. Unless she is suicidal, I can't imagine her being happy if she is going to suffer anytime soon.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-10-22 at 05:35 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Very interesting, while N'zoth's defeat seems quick in this patch. We have to remember that we the Heroes of Azeroth were already at our strongest being fully decked out in Azerite equipment. And us gathering all those powers from Azeroth herself into that huge beam of light to destroy N'zoth is no doubt the strongest attack to date. thousands of times more powerful than every other attack in Warcraft lore with the exception of Sargeras's giant stab. It's also possible that beam of light our character did might have more power than even Sargeras's stab but more compressed into a smaller size so that it doesn't destroy the world.

And I'm mostly waiting for the other scenes that comes with 8.3 cause I am sure there's going to be a lot more scenes and probably even a cinematic. N'zoth was a worthy and powerful foe for the Heroes of Azeroth but it's time to move on to bigger and stronger opponents like Bolvar and his new and improved Scourge as well as Sylvanas and Azshara who are both bigger fishes than N'zoth at this point.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-10-22 at 05:42 PM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Very interesting, while N'zoth's defeat seems quick in this patch. We have to remember that we the Heroes of Azeroth were already at our strongest being fully decked out in Azerite equipment. And us gathering all those powers from Azeroth herself into that huge beam of light to destroy N'zoth is no doubt the strongest attack to date. thousands of times more powerful than every other attack in Warcraft lore with the exception of Sargeras's giant stab. It's also possible that beam of light our character did might have more power than even Sargeras's stab but more compressed into a smaller size so that it doesn't destroy the world.

And I'm mostly waiting for the other scenes that comes with 8.3 cause I am sure there's going to be a lot more scenes and probably even a cinematic. N'zoth was a worthy and powerful foe for the Heroes of Azeroth but it's time to move on to bigger and stronger opponents like Bolvar and his new and improved Scourge as well as Sylvanas and Azshara who are both bigger fishes than N'zoth at this point.
    Why no one bans him for trolling?

Why no one bans him for trolling?
    If Azeroth herself channeled the power through the heart it is quite possible, she is the most powerful entity in the entire franchise as far as we know. The heart of Azeroth is basically a well of eternity you wear around your neck.

Well, until blizz decides to flip a coin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If Azeroth herself channeled the power through the heart it is quite possible, she is the most powerful entity in the entire franchise as far as we know. The heart of Azeroth is basically a well of eternity you wear around your neck.

Well, until blizz decides to flip a coin again.
    I'm talking about his stupid power levels, where Azshara and Sylvanas are stronger than N'zoth

so bad it seems like aprils fool

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    We killed a Titan in a single patch after no mentions of him until his actual patch. At least N'Zoth has actual build up since the Cata days.
    We killed 2 titans. Aggramar and Argus.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    If the Burning Legion and Argus was resolved in one patch, anything can be.
    The Burning Legion was resolved in one patch? The fuck did I miss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I'm talking about his stupid power levels, where Azshara and Sylvanas are stronger than N'zoth
    To be fair, N'zoth seems to be comedic relief character, so he might be right.