Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We have 4 big panels:

1. WoW new expac what next panel.
    2. Diablo IV?
    3. Overwatch II/Story mode?
    4. ?????

It can't be Heartstone/HoTS, they have update panels. Also it's too big spot for remastered/reforged game. So we have 3 possibilities:

1. WoW system panel.
    2. New Starcraft game.
    3. New IP.

Although, if it's just WoW panel, there is no reason to hide all 4. But it would make sense for new Starcraft or new IP - it would ruin whole surprise.

Also, WoW panel probably won't be first - we have Warcraft Audio panel at same time.

Opening ceremony always takes longer than schedule. Hence longer gap between ceremony and first panel. Sometimes first panel is just right after ceremony if I remember correctly.
    The 4th is Diablo Immortal revamped and rebranded. Notice how it’s nowhere on the schedule and a rebranding makes total sense since it got smeared so bad last year.

Probably Diablo Infinite or World of Sanctuary to get rid of the bad name Immortal created for itself.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2019-10-22 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    The 4th is Diablo Immortal revamped and rebranded. Notice how it’s nowhere on the schedule and a rebranding makes total sense since it got smeared so bad last year.
    Nah, Immortal will be there, but talked about as a smaller project, because of what you just said. They wouldn't risk having a big panel about that game right before or after the Diablo 4 panel. They want to divert attention from that development as much as possible, especially in the west. If you are looking for news on that game, you'll find them, but otherwise you won't even notice it's there.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

Probably Diablo Infinite or World of Sanctuary to get rid of the bad name Immortal created for itself.
    Dude, Wrath of the Bolvar is more likely than Blizzard giving Immortal more than 15 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo's only demo areas are in Arcade. So either there's a secret demo in that blank space next to the Mythic stage, like last year(hope not), or the D4 announcement will just be a teaser with nothing playable, which wouldn't be surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone mention that there is a huge arcade in hall E? That was the store last time. I think it has all blizzards old games as demos and a cinema. Thinking there is going to be subscription for blizzard games incoming, kind of like xbox live plus.

---edit---
    Ah to late on mentioning the arcade

Well - not enough there to have me get a Virtual ticket, so I'll be following MMO-C and WoWhead instead

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - not enough there to have me get a Virtual ticket, so I'll be following MMO-C and WoWhead instead
    The big announcement panels are actually free this year, so you'll be able to watch the juiciest part of the convention same as if you had paid for a ticket.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Diablo's only demo areas are in Arcade. So either there's a secret demo in that blank space next to the Mythic stage, like last year(hope not), or the D4 announcement will just be a teaser with nothing playable, which wouldn't be surprising.
    The expectation is that big empty space on the map is going to be a D4 demo area.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The expectation is that big empty space on the map is going to be a D4 demo area.
    I hope not. Last year was a disaster when they had the Immortal demo area there because they kept blocking people off due to the main stage crowds. If this is a repeat format to last year, it will suck again and be worse given D4 would be a much more popular demo.

So Mythic Stage Friday has 4 COMING SOON presentations. Same day on the Epic Stage, Hearthstone and HotS will have their own update presentations. That means Hearthstone and HotS are likely not part of the four COMING SOON presentations. So clearly Warcraft, Diablo and Overwatch will have a Mythic Stage presentation. That leaves one spot open. Do you guys think that will include a new IP or will it be Starcraft? There are also two COMING SOON presentations on the Mythic stage sandwiched between Warcraft and Overwatch presentations. Very interesting.

I wonder if there is anything you can do with Starcraft that would not a) overshadow Warcraft III Reforged and b) not tread on Overwatch's feet (a la Starcraft Ghost).

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft is getting nothing this year. I don't even see a panel for them and their tournament is sharing the stage with Overwatch with their Grand Final on Saturday instead of Sunday like the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    So Mythic Stage Friday has 4 COMING SOON presentations. Same day on the Epic Stage, Hearthstone and HotS will have their own update presentations. That means Hearthstone and HotS are likely not part of the four COMING SOON presentations. So clearly Warcraft, Diablo and Overwatch will have a Mythic Stage presentation. That leaves one spot open. Do you guys think that will include a new IP or will it be Starcraft? There are also two COMING SOON presentations on the Mythic stage sandwiched between Warcraft and Overwatch presentations. Very interesting.

I wonder if there is anything you can do with Starcraft that would not a) overshadow Warcraft III Reforged and b) not tread on Overwatch's feet (a la Starcraft Ghost).
    If OW2 is to be believed, they cancelled the only Starcraft game in production right now to divert more crew to OW2, D4, and WoW.

New IP is possible. Honestly, though, and I'm 100% bias, I bet WoW gets two of those panels. One for the general expansion reveal, one for the systems panel.

Fourth panel will be Classic TBC announce.

Everything being marked as "coming soon" is actually a good sign to me, means they have big things planned they don't want to hint at yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Fourth panel will be Classic TBC announce.
    Not sure that needs a whole 45 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If OW2 is to be believed, they cancelled the only Starcraft game in production right now to divert more crew to OW2, D4, and WoW.

New IP is possible. Honestly, though, and I'm 100% bias, I bet WoW gets two of those panels. One for the general expansion reveal, one for the systems panel.
    Yeah, WoW usually gets multiple panels for new expansion information and they're broken down into the theme and story, concept panels and then the systems like you said. Looks like 9.3 info will be on Saturday.

Hold on, weren’t wow expansions previously also announced during the opening ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Hold on, weren’t wow expansions previously also announced during the opening ceremony?
    Yes, and talked about after

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Not sure that needs a whole 45 minutes.
    also pretty sure it wouldnt get announced til next year when there isnt a new xpac for retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Usually they air the trailer in the opening ceremony then do two panels that get into the meat of the expansion. The "What's Next" panel that goes over the general features and locations and story, then the Systems panel that goes over nitty gritty like "how does Azerite work?"