10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    thinks he's clever
    Back to your cave troll, when we need you, we'll summon you.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    Exactly. This is what bothers me so much about people who bitch and complain about their teams in comp. The system isn't designed so that people climb, it's designed to create fair matches of people with equivalent skill. something everyone forgets for some stupid ass reason. Or because they have delusions of grandeur, whatever.
    Which is often proven time and time again to not always be the case, which yes, is something everyone forgets for some stupid ass reason.
    Although rather than delusions of grandeur, it's more like blatant ignorance.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-10-21 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Back to your cave troll, when we need you, we'll summon you.
    Sorry, you whining about being hardstuck in gold and blaming everyone but yourself is an alternative method for my summoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, you whining about being hardstuck in gold and blaming everyone but yourself is an alternative method for my summoning.
    Elo Hell is a thing, sorry if this is news to you.

That being said, back to your cave troll. When we need you, we'll summon you.

Elo Hell is a thing, sorry if this is news to you.

That being said, back to your cave troll. When we need you, we'll summon you.
    If elo hell is defined as the elo you belong in and can't climb out of because that's an accurate estimation of your ability, then yes, I agree.

If you want me gone, stop perpetuating a toxic attitude. Like I said, your bullshit triggers my spidey senses.

10+ Year Old Account
    If elo hell is defined as the elo you belong in and can't climb out of because that's an accurate estimation of your ability, then yes, I agree.
    Unsurprisingly, you're uneducated on the subject. Should I link some videos to make it simple for you?

If you want me gone, stop perpetuating a toxic attitude. Like I said, your bullshit triggers my spidey senses.
    And you're not being toxic? You're actually significantly moreso than almost anyone on this thread. Personal attacks
    and constant insults (not just towards me, but other posters as well), which in case you didn't know, are the definition
    of toxicity. Typical hypocrite acts like a hypocrite.

So fix your own bullshit first junior. Or maybe I dunno, add me to ignore if I seem to bother you that badly.

So once more with feeling, "back to your cave troll. When we need you, we'll summon you."

Unsurprisingly, you're uneducated on the subject. Should I link some videos to make it simple for you?

And you're not being toxic? You're actually significantly moreso than almost anyone on this thread. Personal attacks
    and constant insults (not just towards me, but other posters as well), which in case you didn't know, are the definition
    of toxicity. Typical hypocrite acts like a hypocrite.

So fix your own bullshit first junior. Or maybe I dunno, add me to ignore if I seem to bother you that badly.

So once more with feeling, "back to your cave troll. When we need you, we'll summon you."
    Currently, no. Currently I'm just correcting you on why you're hardstuck.

I'd add you to ignore if you bothered me, currently I'm fairly content providing counterpoints to anything dumb you say so onlookers will be less likely to read your posts and think you actually know anything about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, no. Currently I'm just correcting you on why you're hardstuck.
    Except you haven't been doing that at all. So you're quite full of it, as per usual.

I'd add you to ignore if you bothered me
    Which I clearly do, as you've admitted. Sad.

currently I'm fairly content providing counterpoints to anything dumb you say so onlookers will be less likely to read your posts and think you actually know anything about anything.
    Again, you haven't done anything of the sort. And for the most part, people can tell from your posts that you are a condescending
    prick, especially a hypocritical one at that. Needless to say, you haven't got a pot to piss in, but keep telling yourself that. Whatever
    lets you sleep at night.

Except you haven't been doing that at all. So you're quite full of it, as per usual.

Which I clearly do, as you've admitted. Sad.

Again, you haven't done anything of the sort. And for the most part, people can tell from your posts that you are a condescending
    prick, especially a hypocritical one at that. Needless to say, you haven't got a pot to piss in, but keep telling yourself that. Whatever
    lets you sleep at night.
    Quite an off-topic post. Is that because your gold games are tilting you? Do you want to talk about it?

I've recently had a lot of success climbing nearly 1000 SR with Doomfist, would you like some pointers?

Literally only been reported for playing Brigitte
    Love lynch mob mentality
    Last edited by apustus; 2019-10-22 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying desperately to save face
    There, there.

I've recently had a lot of success climbing nearly 1000 SR with Doomfist, would you like some pointers?
    Considering how you've acted like an immature, condescending troll, I very much doubt you are
    capable of handing out "good" advice, let alone constructive ones. And considering how you do
    nothing but flame me, do you really think I would actually ask you?

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Literally only been reported for playing Brigitte Love lynch mob mentality
    Doubtful that was the only reason. Did your teammates ask you to swap picks if you were getting
    hard countered, or the team needed more healing and you refused to do so?

If so, you deserve it.

Either way, literally 20 seconds away from getting the Hardened Defenders bonus until one of the team
    left, which left us too overwhelmed to survive. *sigh*, there's always one cocksucker that ruins it for
    everyone after all.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-10-22 at 10:28 PM.

Literally only been reported for playing Brigitte
    Love lynch mob mentality
    Doubtful about that. Even when I was playing my one trick accounts and people cried to the enemy team about reporting me too, I never once received any such notification nor was I ever penalized for it. There must be more to it.

Doubtful that was the only reason. Did your teammates ask you to swap picks if you were getting

If so, you deserve it.
    So Blizzard's own rules don't apply?

15+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard's own rules don't apply?
    Not according to the person you quoted, based on what I've seen. Making mistakes, not swapping (Mob mentality), those are things that you deserve to be banned for, apparently. I disagree, but to each their own.

If we all got banned for messing up often, trying to obtain some measure of skill with some heroes by playing them consistently, nobody would be playing the game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Not according to the person you quoted, based on what I've seen. Making mistakes, not swapping (Mob mentality), those are things that you deserve to be banned for, apparently. I disagree, but to each their own.
    You need to learn to read then, because nowhere in that post did I say making mistakes
    constituted deserving of a ban, nor have I ever.

The entire point of the game, even fucking JEFF KAPLAN himself, has stated that you actually do NOT
    want to just play one hero. That switching comps is the entire point of the game, hence why they never
    made it so that once you pick a hero you're stuck with them.

Someone who one tricks does no one, especially not their team any favors. Because once that person
    gets hard countered, they become an immediate detriment and handicap to the team. So if they lose,
    that person was most likely the cause. Immediately picking a hero and then refusing to acquiesce to
    your team if they ask nicely for you to swap, is not being a team player. It's being a selfish prick.

Now I don't know why apustus got banned, but if he was doing any of the above, which would mean
    not being a team player and being a selfish tool, then yes, said poster deserves the ban. OW is a team
    based game. You don't wanna be a team player, then get out and play something else. Simple as that.

If I have an account that I use exclusively to play the worst hero in the game and I am able to be at your SR, I deserve to play that at your SR with no whining.

There, there.

Considering how you've acted like an immature, condescending troll, I very much doubt you are
    capable of handing out "good" advice, let alone constructive ones. And considering how you do
    nothing but flame me, do you really think I would actually ask you?

If so, you deserve it.

Either way, literally 20 seconds away from getting the Hardened Defenders bonus until one of the team
    left, which left us too overwhelmed to survive. *sigh*, there's always one cocksucker that ruins it for
    everyone after all.
    You have a very selective memory. It's also interesting that you'd assert it's impossible to climb solo especially as heal/tank and then refuse the advice of someone who consistently does that "impossible" feat.

It's also more interesting that you'd go on, in the same post, to assert a healer is most likely throwing by picking Brig with no other contextual information.

I love your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    If I have an account that I use exclusively to play the worst hero in the game and I am able to be at your SR, I deserve to play that at your SR with no whining.
    I wouldn't even take it that far. I can play whatever hero I want, if that means I'm more likely to lose then fuck it, that's on me. OW players need to stop being authoritarian dickwads.

You have a very selective memory. It's also interesting that you'd assert it's impossible to climb solo especially as heal/tank and then refuse the advice of someone who consistently does that "impossible" feat.

It's also more interesting that you'd go on, in the same post, to assert a healer is most likely throwing by picking Brig with no other contextual information.

I love your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't even take it that far. I can play whatever hero I want, if that means I'm more likely to lose then fuck it, that's on me. OW players need to stop being authoritarian dickwads.
    I don’t always agree with Eric, but the last few days it has come across that people are just posting things to aggravate and troll him. It started with multiple people, Thirza and others, stating all he needs to do is admit he’s bad and work on getting better and he will climb. Now these people are telling him you can’t climb and you just get out with people of equal level and he should accept it.
    Now, as stated, I don’t always agree with Eric and I do recognize learning your faults and playing better. That said, the SR system is jacked up and I much prefer a ladder system.
    You win, you climb. You lose, you fall. You win more than you lose you will still climb, you won’t have some computer system telling you that because in scenario A you healed less than this other person so you gain 10 points, and in this other game you healed less than this other person so you gain 20. Or if you do gain more, you might not have had the same death prevention or damage as someone else, so you gain less. It’s not straight forward and even Blizzard won’t come clean about how it exactly works.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    You win, you climb. You lose, you fall. You win more than you lose you will still climb, you won’t have some computer system telling you that because in scenario A you healed less than this other person so you gain 10 points, and in this other game you healed less than this other person so you gain 20. Or if you do gain more, you might not have had the same death prevention or damage as someone else, so you gain less. It’s not straight forward and even Blizzard won’t come clean about how it exactly works.
    Personal performance stop once you go past diamond. The main issue with the system is the disparate difference in skill of people at the same SR. Another big problem with it is the matchmaking, I've had fucking gold players in my master games somehow.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-10-23 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I don’t always agree with Eric, but the last few days it has come across that people are just posting things to aggravate and troll him. It started with multiple people, Thirza and others, stating all he needs to do is admit he’s bad and work on getting better and he will climb. Now these people are telling him you can’t climb and you just get out with people of equal level and he should accept it.
    Now, as stated, I don’t always agree with Eric and I do recognize learning your faults and playing better. That said, the SR system is jacked up and I much prefer a ladder system.
    I don't see how any of that invalidates the fact that if you get good you will climb. Yeah, for sure, the area between gold and plat takes time to climb out of as I've said a thousand times before. It's particularly true of high plat (like, 2850ish I'd say but that's just from experience) to 3k but that's not because you have to carry, it just means you have to be good consistently. If anything, inconsistency is the trademark of plat and gold players, that's why they all think they're gods who deserve to be in higher ELOs because they ignore their bad games and blame their teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Personal performance stop once you go past diamond. The main issue with the system is the disparate difference in skill of people at the same SR. Another big problem with it is the matchmaking, I've had fucking gold players in my master games somehow.
    I'm not sure I'd agree with disparate skill at the same SR necessarily, I guess it depends on your SR, down with the carbon tiers below 3k it's entirely reasonable to be playing with people who just don't care as much as you do and so have less game knowledge but potentially better mechanics, or something else that gets them to their SR.

On top of that people can just have off days, or like me decide to binge Overwatch with a hangover which is never good for my SR.

Autopiloting is another offence of plat players, sometimes I'll play Doom and notice I can get away with dumbass risky plays in one game and then for the next completely forget that I shouldn't be allowed to do that and accidentally feed away the first team fight.

I'm interested in that matchmaking bug though, do you play at off-peak times or something? I know the matchmaker increases the SR range over certain time-in-queue breakpoints which affects GM+ players particularly, I've seen T100 players get matched with low masters fairly often because of queue times and that skill range is gonna absolutely trump anything you could possibly see at diamond or below. So I could expect to see stuff like that if say, you're solo queuing DPS during off-peak hours.

I don't see how any of that invalidates the fact that if you get good you will climb. Yeah, for sure, the area between gold and plat takes time to climb out of as I've said a thousand times before. It's particularly true of high plat (like, 2850ish I'd say but that's just from experience) to 3k but that's not because you have to carry, it just means you have to be good consistently. If anything, inconsistency is the trademark of plat and gold players, that's why they all think they're gods who deserve to be in higher ELOs because they ignore their bad games and blame their teams.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I'd agree with disparate skill at the same SR necessarily, I guess it depends on your SR, down with the carbon tiers below 3k it's entirely reasonable to be playing with people who just don't care as much as you do and so have less game knowledge but potentially better mechanics, or something else that gets them to their SR.

On top of that people can just have off days, or like me decide to binge Overwatch with a hangover which is never good for my SR.

Autopiloting is another offence of plat players, sometimes I'll play Doom and notice I can get away with dumbass risky plays in one game and then for the next completely forget that I shouldn't be allowed to do that and accidentally feed away the first team fight.

I'm interested in that matchmaking bug though, do you play at off-peak times or something? I know the matchmaker increases the SR range over certain time-in-queue breakpoints which affects GM+ players particularly, I've seen T100 players get matched with low masters fairly often because of queue times and that skill range is gonna absolutely trump anything you could possibly see at diamond or below. So I could expect to see stuff like that if say, you're solo queuing DPS during off-peak hours.
    That's not a bug I think. xD I think it's because they queued with someone who was in high diamond but not yet in masters. It's stupid you can queue with people 1000 rating apart for diamond, once you hit masters you can only queue 500 rating apart. I get silvers sometimes in my games due to people queuing together with them in very high plat or they have fallen down from diamond but not deranked yet and I am low diamond. It's like 90% chance for the team who has the silver player to lose because they are so bad. If they are tank it's 100% loss for the team who has them.

- - - Updated - - -

It happened just now, silver on dps AND tank. They played so stupid that it was impossible to win. Mccree does high noon and I put up field on baptiste and they just goes out of the field and died instead of staying in it.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2019-10-23 at 12:42 PM.