Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i'm fine with cool effects, what i'm not fine with is gear that wants to kill me and how hard it want's to kill me is also random

same with effects on said gear
    So cleanse it. Problem solved.

I think the cloak is going to give corruption resistance - so we will be able to equip more and more (based on your cloak progression) of those items with no consequences or you can deal with the additional mechanic if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    So cleanse it. Problem solved.
    yeah, but if you cleanse it then what's the point? with how system is right now 99% of people would just cleanse it.. and the other 1% are just trolls

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm fine with cool effects, what i'm not fine with is gear that wants to kill me and how hard it want's to kill me is also random

same with effects on said gear

considering that at least for now the effects on the gear(the positive ones) are boring as shit

and there are also just 4 side effects.. one of them is just boring damage taken increase
    It's.... literally not random....? It's a direct correlation between how many corrupted pieces you put on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot22 View Post
    Friendly reminder that "I want my gear to be plain so a robot can tell me if it's good" is a terrible mindset for making a fun or interesting video game.
    Nothing on gear currently or in the future will stop simming from happening so this makes 0 sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's.... literally not random....? It's a direct correlation between how many corrupted pieces you put on.
    what? the amount of corruption is different on each piece and that amount is random

yeah, but if you cleanse it then what's the point? with how system is right now 99% of people would just cleanse it.. and the other 1% are just trolls
    So if you want to go back to traditional gear with zero titanforging RNG nonsense then you get exactly that. Is that really something to complain about?

So if you want to go back to traditional gear with zero titanforging RNG nonsense then you get exactly that. Is that really something to complain about?
    that's fine, i'm talking about the system in general and how dumb it is

you think that them putting a system in the game that's just dumb is fine?

I thought we had to wait for Youtuber's to tell us what is bad or what is good before we complain no ?

that's fine, i'm talking about the system in general and how dumb it is

you think that them putting a system in the game that's just dumb is fine?
    I want them to experiment. This is clearly a big experiment. Personally I really like the look of this experiment too. It's ok if you don't, but don't assume everyone thinks just like you.

I want them to experiment. This is clearly a big experiment. Personally I really like the look of this experiment too. It's ok if you don't, but don't assume everyone thinks just like you.
    i mean i don't care if people like it, some people like eating shit..

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You need to read, dude.

Corruption is only experienced BY THE PLAYER. If you stack too much corruption you'll get killed, and ONLY YOU.

And if you don't want the corruption on a piece of gear, you can cleanse it.

This is a way for skilled player to squeeze extra damage out of their gear by walking on the knife's edge and stacking as much corruption as they can handle.

If you can't handle it, don't equip it. The whole point if it being a kiss/curse effect is that it balances out. You don't need it. It's only theoretical BIS if you can mitigate the corruption through skillful play.
    You need to read properly.

1) It mentions spawning voidzones and adds.
    2) Even if the only consequence is that you die, that still has an effect for the raid, because then you are dead and the raid has one less person for the fight.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    what? the amount of corruption is different on each piece and that amount is random
    That's.... not the effect being random. You choose what you keep corrupted, that number is up to you to decide. And that number is what decides the negative effects.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, but if you cleanse it then what's the point?
    To give people who dislike Titanforging a way to opt out of the system?

The simple fact is that people who want to engage with this new system can customize their gear to have benefits and drawbacks that they can manage to boost their damage. And people who don't want the hassle can cleanse the gear and ignore it completely.

It's like how you can choose a skill-testing talent or a passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's.... not the effect being random. You choose what you keep corrupted, that number is up to you to decide. And that number is what decides the negative effects.
    i never said that the effects were random.. well the bonus effects are.. the side effects aren't.. but i was talking about how hard the gear want's to kill you essentially being random, unless ofc you just cleanse it, but then the system is just pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Just another layer of RNG on top of shitty RNG, because you're pretty much right. There might be a sweet spot for it before the effects get too bad, but then comes more simcrafting, or situations where you get a super good upgrade but it'll put you over the edge on corruption, making either it or a previous good drop useless.

Over all pretty much what I expect from Blizzard at this point.
    It just doesn't look like a fun addition to the game honestly. Its basically titanforging except it makes it so you don't want to because it's annoying to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    You need to read properly.

1) It mentions spawning voidzones and adds.
    2) Even if the only consequence is that you die, that still has an effect for the raid, because then you are dead and the raid has one less person for the fight.
    How is this any different from any other dumbass coming into the group and fucking up, then?

I thought people didn't want this game catering to the lowest common denominators all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot22 View Post
    Friendly reminder that "I want my gear to be plain so a robot can tell me if it's good" is a terrible mindset for making a fun or interesting video game.
    Actually if it's easy to understand, you don't need a "robot" to tell you. Then you'd just be able to tell by yourself. If it is complicated, then you need 3rd party sites.
    Last edited by Wrath of the Bolvar; 2019-10-23 at 04:54 AM.

i mean i don't care if people like it, some people like eating shit..
    Don't be an ass. I like it. You don't. Suck it up.

Don't be an ass. I like it. You don't. Suck it up.
    i mean you're still playing retail right? so there's nothing to add