Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    That works for option one, but what about option 2? The DPS loose of movement can be signficant for certain specs, and the first three corruption effects are 100% movement based. A system that can be this imbalanced between certain specs is not going to be good.
    you still cleanse it

its essentially a trinket effect right?? they are inbalanced as well and yet still we live

the difference wont be as massive as people think and we get resistance to it

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    you still cleanse it

its essentially a trinket effect right?? they are inbalanced as well and yet still we live

but 99% of trinkets don't want to kill you and dont require you to constantly run away from their effects

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    but 99% of trinkets don't want to kill you and dont require you to constantly run away from their effects
    If it sucks you cleanse it. If you can deal with the side effects you keep it.

So much whining over nothing. First 2 pages are literally op throwing a tantrum over an idea he can’t even read correctly.

Most of the community wanted rng titanforging gone - there you go. Getting an extra OPTIONAL system with it’s upsides and downsides is just a bonus. Don’t like/ can’t handle it - don’t use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    What do you mean handle? What does that have to do with being able to handle anything? If it summons void zones or adds in boss fights it either

1) is irrelevant because the damage it causes is so small it doesn't matter
    or
    2) is gonna make you wipe the raid in which case you don't wanna wear it

Either way it's a stupid idea. It means either there is no negative effect or the negative effect is so bad you can not afford to wear it.

What kind of a retarded idea is that? Not being able to use an upgrade that has just dropped because it will wipe the raid?
    Or you could, you know, just git gud and move out of the zone or kite the add ? Some people man, they're always gonna complain, no matter what blizz releases.

Corrupted gear sounds like a cool idea, can't wait to try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    then you kick the pug causeing wipes

if one person causes wipes then 9-29 of you can obviously see that and kick him

the effects are personal so the players would have to have important roles
    like a healer or a tank
    maybe a dps assigned to do something important but im guessing at that point then they are not so retarded that they have high enough corruption to kill them or they dont dodge the stuff that can kill them
    Raids aren't the only group content, and you only do them once a week, unlike M+ where you can do a lot, with a lot more people.

Player has acceptable ilvl, IO, and corruption level for w/e mythic+ I'm doing, so I invite them. They then proceed to eat all the negative effects of their corruption, waste healer mana, die or cause others to die due to distracted healer, and cause us to fall way behind to the point where the run fails, and I just wasted both my time and my key.

Can this already happen? Sure, but this just makes it more likely, as it adds opportunities for bad players to fail. There's no way to know a players skill until the run starts, things like IO and gear can be gotten pretty easily without any form of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It would have to be literally 1 damage, I've survived encounters with like 40hp and 100hp before, imagine your gear killing you being the difference between a kill and a wipe. I'd DE that shit asap lol
    Then you're trolling. It entirely depends on what the effect is. If the effect is 3% crit damage, you absolutely take that even if it'd mean you die on those pulls where you lucked into surviving by a tiny amount, because on every other pull it'll be much more useful.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    So much whining over nothing. First 2 pages are literally op throwing a tantrum over an idea he can’t even read correctly.

Most of the community wanted rng titanforging gone - there you go. Getting an extra OPTIONAL system with it’s upsides and downsides is just a bonus. Don’t like/ can’t handle it - don’t use it.
    The thing is, if you don't like it, you still have to use to and uncorrupt an item to be able to use it at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Sure, but players also seemed to not have an issue about using items from Crucible of Storms that had side effects. The difference now is that the text is a red stat and depending on how much you stack it is how bad it will be. They probably don't want you to be able to handle having corrupted pieces in even half your slots, let alone all of them. Unlike titanforging which if you raided regularly most of your slots would be BIS TF by the end of tier.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    So if you want to go back to traditional gear with zero titanforging RNG nonsense then you get exactly that. Is that really something to complain about?
    Except that's not true, because you're very clearly at a disadvantage compared to people who use corrupted gear.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Got a solution for you: run more organized content (even guild that just progress HC for a couple weeks and then have it on farm are better than pugs)

Thing with pugs is unless the group leader is elitists and properly checks everyone there are always gonna be people that die on almost every boss, and those will probably be the same people that will just stack corruption because they don't know better.

But "just equip highest ilvl" isn't really an argument since ILVL will be strictly tied to the difficulty now (hope they are removing both TF and WF).
    I can't commit to typical raid times of the guilds on my server, pugs are basically my only option, and I don't exactly feel like leaving my guild of friends i've known for a long time. Heroic is easily puggable if people are willing to put in a tiny amount of effort

You're not wrong that bads will always be bads and die often and what not, this just increases the chances of that, while also putting more strain on the healers which just drags the rest of the group down even more than them just dying. Or, another example, is the corruption mechanic that spawns a mob that chases you, and said bad has something where they need to stay away from players, but proceed to run from the mob and not pay attention to their surroundings, causing issues that otherwise might not have arisen.

And even if ilvl is tied strictly to difficulty, there are currently ways to acquire normal and heroic gear without running the actual raid, this week alone has Timewalking for a 415 and heroic warfront for a 430. There will no doubt be equivalent things in 8.3, and create situations where a socketed normal piece with your two best stats will be better than a corrupt heroic piece with your two worst stats, but the higher ilvl and corruption will cause some people to not think and use it.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-10-23 at 08:40 AM.

They still can't get trinkets right and decided to add another element to the equasion... yup, classic blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Sure, but players also seemed to not have an issue about using items from Crucible of Storms that had side effects. The difference now is that the text is a red stat and depending on how much you stack it is how bad it will be. They probably don't want you to be able to handle having corrupted pieces in even half your slots, let alone all of them. Unlike titanforging which if you raided regularly most of your slots would be BIS TF by the end of tier.
    i loved that trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    I'm just wondering if this is designed with the usual healers-don't-play-the-game-mindset Blizzard puts into their content.

Let's say the effects affect only the player and also can only be seen by the player.
    playing a healer, voidzones will be fine but spawning adds that will take ages to kill will be a red flag for using corrupted gear at all - just like benthic gear for healing and a lot more
    This is kinda funny to me considering healers are basically the only decently designed specs this expansion, just poorly tuned.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except that's not true, because you're very clearly at a disadvantage compared to people who use corrupted gear.
    git gud scrub
    -G.C.
    (no shit so few people remember he actually told players to get better at one point)

you still cleanse it

Cleansing is an inconvenience if you still want to use the base item, but have no use for the corruption.

Trinkets effects are set in stone. This system is not. You have a risk/reward system, where only the risk is set in stone. The system is too much RNG based currently. You first have to get a corrupted item, and then you need one of the few good bonuses for your spec for it to take effect. If the corruption chance is similar to titanforging, and you add another layer of "only 30% of the corrupted items are going to be useable", then that's not good. If you go with a signficantly higher corruption chance, then the hassle of uncorrupting items at the forge increases.

Currently i've 1900 haste, getting a 4% bonus will give me 72 haste plus the corruption effect, place that against a socket worth 50 haste with no downside... the choice is pretty clear (RNG sockets have to go away.)

In a risk/reward systems the risks and rewards have to properly balanced against each other. Right now the risks aren't even remotely balanced against the rewards, and the risks can also be significantly more impactful on certain specs (low mobility/caster/tanks vs. melee).

The idea might be good, but the current effects are absolutely horrible.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2019-10-23 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post

Calling it optional is disingenuous.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    If it sucks you cleanse it. If you can deal with the side effects you keep it.
    well whether you can deal with the effects or not is based on RNG.. a lot of RNG

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As I understood it, it would only be used and specifically needed for the gauntlet content in the corrupted zones and maybe for a party in a couple raidboss phases.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

git gud scrub
    -G.C.
    (no shit so few people remember he actually told players to get better at one point)
    That quote has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. You claim that you can "just opt out", which is technically true, but in practice you can't, because you're objectively putting yourself at a disadvantage by doing so.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU