Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Two things.

One, I need context for this thread discussion because I've been out of the loop for a hot minute. Please stop what, where and why?

Two, raise your hands if you remember a guy named Teron Gorefiend -- the example that Death Knights have been wielding fire magicks longer than they've wielded frost in the Warcraft mythos.
    Okay, sure, you can say that Gorefiend wasn't a Scourge death knight, so he shouldn't count, despite inspiring such abilities as Gorefiend's Grasp. Then I would remind you of Thane Korth'azz, one of the Four Horsemen who could summon fire and meteors at will. Fire powers are not beyond a Scourge-born DK to wield within the lore, even without Bolvar.
    The main reason I would disagree with it, however, is that we have plenty of fire-wielding classes, with Demon Hunters in particular running pretty far with the hellfire motif and Retadins taking the fire-wielding knight the other way. Warlocks and Mages already have enough trouble distinguishing their fire specs. Kinda makes it redundant for DKs.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    We know nothing about whats really going on in icecrown and its been years since he took the mantle. Also he doesn't need to know any skills other than how to create death knights. Its the players and npc death knights that do. And where does it say he is failing to fight off an evil corruption? Obviously he isn't going to go evil for quite awhile or maybe never unless Blizzard wants to redo the DK starting area again 10 years from now when we have a dozen more races.

I didn't say I wanted fire. But how ice powers came would be exactly what happened to Bolvar.... Why would ice magically be able to combine but fire not? And again it was the Lich King that had ice powers not death knights.
    But you act like he knows how to...he hasn't actually raised anyone and Arthas never raised a whole lot from what we've seen (Death Knights) the DK starting zone was all about his necromancers and officers raising and working on DKs while all Arthas did was give a few speeches and bring a frostwyrm for us.

Bolvar in Legion was sending us to raise the 4 horseman...

Bolvar isn't a death knight and we don't even know if he even has the power to raise more dks...all he has is the helm of domination which allows him to control the Scourge. Frostmourne was a important part of Arthas becoming a death knight and he channeled a lot of his power through it...Bolvar doesn't have that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please stop with the "Hellfire" DK
    Aaaaaaah you don't let people experience their own fantasy
    Hellfire warriors seem actually very cool and still unique enough for a new spec.
    I vote for yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    But you act like he knows how to...he hasn't actually raised anyone and Arthas never raised a whole lot from what we've seen (Death Knights) the DK starting zone was all about his necromancers and officers raising and working on DKs while all Arthas did was give a few speeches and bring a frostwyrm for us.

Bolvar in Legion was sending us to raise the 4 horseman...

Bolvar isn't a death knight and we don't even know if he even has the power to raise more dks...all he has is the helm of domination which allows him to control the Scourge. Frostmourne was a important part of Arthas becoming a death knight and he channeled a lot of his power through it...Bolvar doesn't have that.
    It's been awhile since I've done the DK starter zones so I'm not 100% but wowpedia says it is the lich king himself who creates the new death knights.

And did Ner'zhul and Arthas just magically know how to create dks? And how did any Death Knight know any skill? They were originally Knight corpses with warlock souls why weren't they using lock skills instead of undead ones? This is a universe of magic and you seemingly were fine with the originals and other generations just magically knowing new skills why does Bolvar bother you then?

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    A)wc1 death knights and wow death knights are different Gildan made the first death Knight from terongon the death Knights we have now were made by the lich king
    B)the lich king gave their powers to them
    C)there is no more bolvar just the lich king.
    D)the fires is what keeping his body from dissolving from the plague that kills both living and undead.

Just because he got burred doesn't mean he gained fire powers out of a sudden
    And just because a guy got frozen doesn't mean he gained fire powers all of the sudden.....

Bolvar is the new Lich King he said there was only the Lich king now because he didn't want people knowing "that there must always be a lich king". Arthas had wiped out any trace of Ner'zhul before we fight him and then dk's cleanse any trace of Arthas and Ner'zhul from the pieces of Frostmourne when they claim them. But if you are claiming he is suddenly a completely new being then why wouldn't that new being know how to use its magic powers.

And again this is what 10+ years since he became the Lich King? You don't think he tried to learn anything in that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The frozen throne?!

Icy northrend?!

Frostmourne?!

I said they are all about death and cold, and they are. Even if their warcraft 3 abilities were only death based, the theme of cold was there.
    And now Frostmourne is no more and the new Lich King has a firey theme. And the theme of the Lich King was coldness. Not the death knights he created. The Wow Death Knights were based on the Lich King so it would be reasonable to assume that any new death knights would be based on the new Lich King.

It's been awhile since I've done the DK starter zones so I'm not 100% but wowpedia says it is the lich king himself who creates the new death knights.

And did Ner'zhul and Arthas just magically know how to create dks? And how did any Death Knight know any skill? They were originally Knight corpses with warlock souls why weren't they using lock skills instead of undead ones? This is a universe of magic and you seemingly were fine with the originals and other generations just magically knowing new skills why does Bolvar bother you then?

And just because a guy got frozen doesn't mean he gained fire powers all of the sudden.....

Bolvar is the new Lich King he said there was only the Lich king now because he didn't want people knowing "that there must always be a lich king". Arthas had wiped out any trace of Ner'zhul before we fight him and then dk's cleanse any trace of Arthas and Ner'zhul from the pieces of Frostmourne when they claim them. But if you are claiming he is suddenly a completely new being then why wouldn't that new being know how to use its magic powers.

And again this is what 10+ years since he became the Lich King? You don't think he tried to learn anything in that time?

And now Frostmourne is no more and the new Lich King has a firey theme. And the theme of the Lich King was coldness. Not the death knights he created. The Wow Death Knights were based on the Lich King so it would be reasonable to assume that any new death knights would be based on the new Lich King.
    it falls under the sword : SPECULATION
    so no

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    I'm not the one talking about fire dks here

Maybe you can't read but let me repeat it

Dks will get access to more races and they get a new starting video along with a fiery looking sword hence the whole fire dks idea

The op made the thread based on a video that got released a few days ago based solely to n speculation and fake leaks

Do there you go

No fire dks
    Correct. I don't want to name names but two Youtube channels have done it now from what I've seen.

So what if I want a Holy Warlock? Or a Shadow Paladin? Oooh Ooooh Oh a Arcane Demon Hunter!

Because they make as much sense as a Fire DK...A.K.A. none.
    You're arguing for the sake of argument here. As i said, its an opinion and thats all it is. Dont like it move on.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

7+ Year Old Account

Ohh i think you need to tell Blizzard that, because im very sure, that Blizzard have completly forgot about that xD In their eyes, the Helm of Domination is what makes the Lich King and gives him all the powers he might need.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Two things.

One, I need context for this thread discussion because I've been out of the loop for a hot minute. Please stop what, where and why?

Two, raise your hands if you remember a guy named Teron Gorefiend -- the example that Death Knights have been wielding fire magicks longer than they've wielded frost in the Warcraft mythos.
    Okay, sure, you can say that Gorefiend wasn't a Scourge death knight, so he shouldn't count, despite inspiring such abilities as Gorefiend's Grasp. Then I would remind you of Thane Korth'azz, one of the Four Horsemen who could summon fire and meteors at will. Fire powers are not beyond a Scourge-born DK to wield within the lore, even without Bolvar.
    The main reason I would disagree with it, however, is that we have plenty of fire-wielding classes, with Demon Hunters in particular running pretty far with the hellfire motif and Retadins taking the fire-wielding knight the other way. Warlocks and Mages already have enough trouble distinguishing their fire specs. Kinda makes it redundant for DKs.
    The focus of the thread is not on the fire. It's the Hellfire. Teron Gorefiend associates with that thematically because he was a First generation Death Knight, created by the necromantic magic of Gul'dan, right? If they wanted to do that as a spec that could be interesting. It would certainly be anachronistic though.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2019-10-22 at 08:50 PM.

Maybe yes, maybe not.
    Something we don't know is not something we can present as fact. You don't have 2 cases to call it a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    I understand this is mostly a colloquial term, but it is infuriatingly wrong.
    Take a break from the internet, man. Something as inconsequential as the fanfic and adjectives people create for their beloved game shouldn't be infuriating.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah stop with hellfire dk

that's a dumb name. an "ashes" spec would actually be kino

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Undead and fire don’t mix well.
    Tell that to my Forsaken Mage and Warlock.

They don't seem to have a problem.

Now there is also 1h burning blade.

Can you imagine the influx of Ghost Rider themed names and transmogs if Fire DK becomes a thing... I'd love it!

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Can you imagine the influx of Ghost Rider themed names and transmogs if Fire DK becomes a thing... I'd love it!
    cant wait for all those nicolas cage named dks