Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Because if you really test it on PTR you will not write like a dumb sheep ME LOVE IT YEAH dont be naive as usual.
    Go on PTR, test it and come back, you will not be so eager to throw a ME LOVE IT asap.

Honestly it is an interesting idea, but in the end is just a Benthic 2.0 with a layer of cancer RNG that you can remove with extra GRIND because the string for the Cleanse remove the MALUS not the BONUS so for example

You drop an item that Titanfoge: BONUS you get 4% more haste from all source MALUS you can get a debuff and get 60% more dmg (there is one like that on PTR)

The bonus is clearly trash compared to the malus, but you can still remove the malus and still get the bonus, the problem is that probably the cleanse mechanic or item will be something ultra grindy.
    The "malus" is not on the gear, but related to your total corruption stat. At certain levels (0,20,40,60) you start to gain more of the debuffs in your list of possible procs. At 60, you seem to get a permanent debuff (The tooltips for the other effects say 1 proc per minute, this one does not), which is 60% damage taken and 60% less healing, which basically means if you go over 60 you're screwed unless you drastically over gear the raid, and even then I doubt it'll be manageable unless you can nuke the bosses in under a minute. Not to mention, this debuff scales up the higher you go, it's possible that with 100 corruption (which won't be hard to reach) you won't be healable. Yes, you can cleanse an item, but when you look at the string that gave us this info (Cleansing this item will REMOVE the following effects: ) you can see that is say effectS, meaning it removes multiple things, since the item has corruption and a bonus, it will likely remove both.

That being said, there is seemingly a way to reduce it and essences to add resistance, but since items seem to have ~20ish corruption it's likely we'll only get to equip 4-5 at a time because going over 60 corruption is just not supportable in a raid until super late.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-10-23 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The death of titanforging had to be epic. It is as if the ability itself has become corrupted - and when we cleanse all of the current old god corruption... so will we cleanse away titanforging forever, both in its natural and its corrupted form.
    Until they reintroduce it with 9.0 as shadowforging, voidforging, cosmoforging, retardforging or some other <insert edgey sounding shit>forging.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The "malus" is not on the gear, but related to your total corruption stat.
    I know, i mean for example that you get a BONUS but the MALUS stats makes you surpass the treshold for the rng malus.

There is no way it removes BOTH, because NOBODY from World First player to LFR heroes would be ok to risk his "life" or any "world first" for a mediocre buff that is basically shitty compared to Benthic and CoS Gear.

I wish they would get over their fucking hardon for RNG bullshit. Fuuuuck everything about random effects that you have no control over. How fucking difficult is it to just remove titfanforging?

Now just imagine this stuff in LFR.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    They took the worst system in the game (Titanforging) and managed to make it even WORSE.

How they manage to do this is actually impressive.
    Better for my elemental shaman atleast i tested it on ptr he scaleing amazeing with it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Now just imagine this stuff in LFR.
    Feels good man!

Not to mention all the extra simming. I chuckled when I read "We want you to be able to look at a piece of gear and know right away if its an upgrade," this pushes us so far from that it hurts.
    "Okay guys, I have this piece here, dropped an hour ago and now I'm kinda sure I can't make it work with what I have, +20 corruption on it is too much, can anyone use it?"
    *Everyone starts simming the 20 gear combinations they have in their inventory to see if they can build a loadout that doesn't cause them to instantly die*

I can't wait for it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Okay guys, I have this piece here, dropped an hour ago and now I'm kinda sure I can't make it work with what I have, +20 corruption on it is too much, can anyone use it?"
    *Everyone starts simming the 20 gear combinations they have in their inventory to see if they can build a loadout that doesn't cause them to instantly die*

I can't wait for it..
    Slight silver lining is that not all the bonuses effect your DPS, and some of them make it sort of obvious, if crit is your worst stat you clearly won't want the extra crit or crit damage bonuses ect.

But it's still going to be a fucking mess.

Slight silver lining is that not all the bonuses effect your DPS, and some of them make it sort of obvious, if crit is your worst stat you clearly won't want the extra crit or crit damage bonuses ect.

But it's still going to be a fucking mess.
    Well it certainly will be another stab in the back for loot council attempts, despite being able to trade items better now, the actual descisionmaking just gained 1 or 2 orders of complexity.

If nothing else ... I take my new favorite word MALUS away from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    To be fair in BFA up until now the spreadsheet was a valid argument. This system takes one of those problems out of the spreadsheet and into your own hands. 9.0 will remove outright the other problem, which was Azerite perks.
    Upgrades haven't been clear since reforging existed. Now its hard to get happy about a piece of gear until after you sim it and by then the joy you would of had from the drop would have subsided.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Those will be the next incoming topics: "Removing TF / WF killed the game"

Mark my words ^^
    well duh .

because no sane person will deal with bs like this.

wf/tf was keeping people playing

this iteration will just make people quit wow and play something else because we all know that this system will be scrapped next expansion and the gear people will spend months to farm up and de-corrupt will be replaced by the time you hit 125-126 level september/october 2020.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295802/...on-stat-ranges

Ok so now here it is how works, you ROLL BOTH CORRUPTION and the BONUS.

Corruption

Tier 1: 5 - 10 Corruption
    Tier 2 : 12 - 17 Corruption
    Tier 3: 20 - 25 Corruption

and

Haste

Tier 1: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 2%.
    Tier 2: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 3%.
    Tier 3: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 4%.

So you have 2 EXTRA LAYER OF RNG, 1 to roll LOW on the corruption and HIGH on the bonus.

This will be amazing to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, i mean for example that you get a BONUS but the MALUS stats makes you surpass the treshold for the rng malus.

There is no way it removes BOTH, because NOBODY from World First player to LFR heroes would be ok to risk his "life" or any "world first" for a mediocre buff that is basically shitty compared to Benthic and CoS Gear.
    It depends how well designed the raid is, if they make encounters with these debuffs in mind then it might not be that bad. There's no way they're going to let us cleanse pieces and keep the bonuses, that's why there's ways to reduce your total corruption via essence and resistances. If you could have corrupt bonuses on every piece without corruption, you're looking at 50% or more of your main stat, or 80% leech, or crit's dealing an extra 90% damage (with you having 50% crit from gear). This, added ontop of our already insane power creep, would just be too much. All we can do is wait and see, but I'm betting on both things being removed just based on the string.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    What do you mean handle? What does that have to do with being able to handle anything? If it summons void zones or adds in boss fights it either

1) is irrelevant because the damage it causes is so small it doesn't matter
    or
    2) is gonna make you wipe the raid in which case you don't wanna wear it

Either way it's a stupid idea. It means either there is no negative effect or the negative effect is so bad you can not afford to wear it.

What kind of a retarded idea is that? Not being able to use an upgrade that has just dropped because it will wipe the raid?
    Without being funny, both those points are exactly what @Slowpoke is a Gamer means. You can't handle it.

Personally, I think it sounds like a really good, original idea to implement into a fight. Sure you'll have some meme lords trolling and some hilarious wipes from it. But the gains are equally great from the looks of it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well duh .

because no sane person will deal with bs like this.

wf/tf was keeping people playing

this iteration will just make people quit wow and play something else because we all know that this system will be scrapped next expansion and the gear people will spend months to farm up and de-corrupt will be replaced by the time you hit 125-126 level september/october 2020.
    The bolded text sounds... dramatic, to say the least.

Personally I like the idea.

I don't understand the complaining all that much tbh, but then I've never bought into the TF hate either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    What do you mean handle? What does that have to do with being able to handle anything? If it summons void zones or adds in boss fights it either

1) is irrelevant because the damage it causes is so small it doesn't matter
    or
    2) is gonna make you wipe the raid in which case you don't wanna wear it

Either way it's a stupid idea. It means either there is no negative effect or the negative effect is so bad you can not afford to wear it.

What kind of a retarded idea is that? Not being able to use an upgrade that has just dropped because it will wipe the raid?
    you know, there can be a third option. like it is somehow dangerous, but not wipeable.

I never cleansed N'Zoths corruption - so I still have his eye on my main's head, I hope this makes this even more powerful for me

I think it is an amazing system to replace the terrible titanforge.

But basically RN the Corrupted Gear is something like this

Layer 1 - You have to drop the item you are looking for (stats)
    Layer 2 - Need to TF to be Corrupted
    Layer 3 - Need to have a useful / BiS Bonus: 1:11 chance
    Layer 4 - Need to grind to cleanse
    Layer 5 - socket (still as powerful as ever)
    Layer 6 - tertiary (leech is insane for healers)