Honestly, what I would love the most (but is extremely, extremely unlikely) is a revamp of Outland, just to show what it's like 10+ years after the events of TBC, the Legion getting dismantled and all the other things that occurred.

Same with Northrend, but not as much.

Not saying I want an expansion built around that or anything, but it would be sad if the TBC zones were left out of a zone revamp yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    What I am thinking is that they've been working on the world revamp for several expansions now, unlike with Cataclysm, so not all of their resources were "wasted" on that.

That's why we kept getting random stuff like random textures, or weird model updates (Wendigos in 7.1 (I think?) which were never used). That's why all the old models got revamped over the last few expansions, with only centaurs and gnolls yet.
    Agreed. If a revamp is coming, this is likely what they would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    That happened on Tuesday.
    Wednesday for me.

https : / / cdn . discordapp . com / attachments / 191938924577423360 / 636578568050311191 / erwersfd . png

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Wednesday for me.
    It hit MMO Champ before 9pm last night, so I'm inclined to agree that this doesn't count as razor's prophecy.

Wednesday for me.
    Luckily, Razorpax did not say Wednesday, but "in a little over 48 hours".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cjonesy View Post
    https : / / cdn . discordapp . com / attachments / 191938924577423360 / 636578568050311191 / erwersfd . png
    Reposted

I wonder if that is real.

7+ Year Old Account
    That survey question is real, or so I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I would honestly say that with how low-effort 8.3 is compared to Argus in terms of art team work (Nyalotha is good, but zero new zones), I would be amazed if 9.0 is just a reskin of Northrend.

Seriously, why do so many people think that a reskinned Northrend is a plausible expansion? We've never had an expansion without a bunch of new zones.
    It all depends on players perception of a revamp. I am sure many people loved the zones of WoD and barely considered that it is in many ways a revamp of Outland. Quite a bit more updated than any previous revamp, but still.

And yes, we have never had an expansion without new zones, but a full-fledged world revamp with graphically updated zones could very well be an acceptable alternative. I mentioned before in this thread that having 2 revamped zones for 8.3 is in many ways a superior solution to having a single new zone. That new zone might be cool and all, but when you have a game that has gone on as long as this there is a wealth of zones to choose from that can give a near equivalent feeling ot having an entirely new zone.

Consider this for instance:
    New continent with 5 zones, versus world revamp with 10 graphically updated zones.
    Sure, it isnt "new" but i would say that getting 10 zones instead of 5 to play around in at launch is a pretty sweet deal considering you are going to be spending more time in those zones anyways, seeing as they are part of the old world, and not an expansion continent you go to occasionally for a raid or world boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjonesy View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...1/erwersfd.png

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It all depends on players perception of a revamp. I am sure many people loved the zones of WoD and barely considered that it is in many ways a revamp of Outland. Quite a bit more updated than any previous revamp, but still.
    The problem is that there is no way to explain a complete revamp of Northrend, other than "ghosts show up" which I don't think is enough to completely overhaul things like Borean Tundra or Grizzly Hills.

Unless the idea is that Northrend gets completely fucked up ala Outlands... which would kind of be a neat parallel to TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Can anyone post an imgur version of whatever this is?

Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    Who gets the survey? I haven't yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I wonder if that is real.
    Doubt it. @Serenity River showed me a few of the screenshots from the survey on Discord. One image had a resolution of 1911x1009, this one (which is totally not Serenity on another account) is 1909x1009. Why 1009? We still haven't heard of anyone that isn't a 1-post account getting this survey in their e-mail, and until we do, I'll remain suspicious.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2019-10-23 at 03:10 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I get some error page trying to access that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    ehhh please don't bring me into this, I got enough of an ear full yesterday.
    You're bringing yourself into this by replying to me...

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I get some error page trying to access that
    I think it's just the survey from ~15 pages back, based on the topic of conversation now? But I can't see it either.

- - - Updated - - -

ehhh please don't bring me into this, I got enough of an ear full yesterday.

Image doesnt even show for me

- - - Updated - - -

I ended up asking people to forget I had mentioned anything, I've already had a not so nice couple of weeks on this website with horrible abusive messages and the such.
    Wait what? Why would you get abusive messages over this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it. @Serenity River showed me a few of the screenshots from the survey on Discord. One image had a resolution of 1911x1009, this one (which is totally not Serenity on another account) is 1909x1009. Why 1009? We still haven't heard of anyone that isn't a 1-post account getting this survey in their e-mail, and until we do, I'll remain suspicious.
    I received the survey. Not going to talk about what's in it, but what's not in it is anything related to specifics of any expansion or really anything revelatory.

7+ Year Old Account
    this like 99% of the leaks for the past 4 months

10+ Year Old Account
    I received the survey. Not going to talk about what's in it, but what's not in it is anything related to specifics of any expansion or really anything revelatory.
    Then why not come out and just say that? Just on the other page, you said this:

Makes it sound like you're still not quite sure that it's real, which is pretty impressive considering now you're claiming you received the survey yourself.