Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Looking at the schedule and seeing that there is a WoW Update panel on the second day, it makes me wonder how important WoW will be at Blizzcon.

Let's just say they announce Diablo 4. It makes sense that they would leave out the first few panels and not say what they are about. Even if it just says Diablo What's next, for like the first 4 panels of the first day, people will be able to put one and one together.

And most likely if there is a Diablo 4 announcement it makes sense to have it take centerstage.

If one of the "Coming soon" panels was a WoW panel on the first day, I'm sure they'd just reveal it to be a WoW What's next panel and not make a secret out of it, since everyone is expecting an expansion announcement anyway.

Also the first panel has another WoW panel running in parallel to the first panel, on a different stage. If the first panel was a WoW panel, I don't think they'd put another WoW panel right at the beginning to run at the same time, because who is gonna watch that after an expansion announcement. If the first panel is Diablo 4 however, people who don't play Diablo can watch the WoW panel.

So the fact that there is no WoW What's next panel on the first day makes me fear whatever they announce for WoW will be sort of underwhelming, otherwise we'd get a panel on the first day. It might not even be an expansion announcement.
    Yeah, no matter what, even if they announce 10 expansions in a row, that have godly story, raid design, features to do outside raid, it will still be underwhelming for the butthurt mmo-chads, so ye, spot on theory man.

Edit: I am not saying that BFA is perfect by any means, but no matter what feature, even if perfect, mmo-chads are always after it to take it down because it doesn't fit their godlike vision of game-design.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 4 coming soon panels in the first day: WoW expansion, Diablo 4, Overwatch 2 and something new probably. WoW update on 2nd day will prolly be more info about 8.3 and 8.3.5, possibly about the pre-expansion event too.

Well - there are going to be at least two major new games announced. Diablo IV and something else, maybe Overwatch 2. That might explain WoW playing second fiddle.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    There are 4 coming soon panels in the first day: WoW expansion, Diablo 4, Overwatch 2 and something new probably. WoW update on 2nd day will prolly be more info about 8.3 and 8.3.5, possibly about the pre-expansion event too.
    Nah, they won't talk about 8.3 or 8.3.5 unless it's something really big like let's say level squish in 8.3.5 or connected to 9.0 story. Most likely first panel will be about setting, zones, story and second about new systems or new class.

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    Well - there are going to be at least two major new games announced. Diablo IV and something else, maybe Overwatch 2. That might explain WoW playing second fiddle.
    In the year of an expansion announcement? Unlikely. No one gives a shit about Overwatch 2 and all the Diablo fans have already given up on the franchise after the insult that Diablo 3 was.

WoW is just going to announce the new expansion on Friday in the opening ceremony. During the WoW: What's Next Panel (currently labeled COMING SOON), they will go into more depth about the expansion. On Saturday we will get another panel called WoW Update (which will be the systems presentation) and the Q&A presentation.

Which is basically what they did last year.

I am not sure what all of the doom and gloom is about, honestly.

What you gonna do after they announce the traditional expansion with a cgi cinematic and a features trailer and then talk about it for 30 minutes or so?

Something like "Yes, but it's not what I wanted it to be, therefore underwhelming, although even if it were what I wanted it to be I will never admit it."
    Or
    "Actually there is nothing they can do to stop me from getting my kicks from hating on Blizzard as that really is a big part of my life."

?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    What you gonna do after they announce the traditional expansion with a cgi cinematic and a features trailer and then talk about it for 30 minutes or so?

Something like "Yes, but it's not what I wanted it to be, therefore underwhelming, although even if it were what I wanted it to be I will never admit it."
    Or
    "Actually there is nothing they can do to stop me from getting my kicks from hating on Blizzard as that really is a big part of my life."

?

getting my hype on a train because ill be flying, after shit BFA something good is coming

Man, imagine how this place will be when we worked so hard for peace only to go to war with the next big bad without a proper war council on either side. Oopsie.

Looking at the schedule and seeing that there is a WoW Update panel on the second day, it makes me wonder how important WoW will be at Blizzcon.

Let's just say they announce Diablo 4. It makes sense that they would leave out the first few panels and not say what they are about. Even if it just says Diablo What's next, for like the first 4 panels of the first day, people will be able to put one and one together.

And most likely if there is a Diablo 4 announcement it makes sense to have it take centerstage.

If one of the "Coming soon" panels was a WoW panel on the first day, I'm sure they'd just reveal it to be a WoW What's next panel and not make a secret out of it, since everyone is expecting an expansion announcement anyway.

Also the first panel has another WoW panel running in parallel to the first panel, on a different stage. If the first panel was a WoW panel, I don't think they'd put another WoW panel right at the beginning to run at the same time, because who is gonna watch that after an expansion announcement. If the first panel is Diablo 4 however, people who don't play Diablo can watch the WoW panel.

So the fact that there is no WoW What's next panel on the first day makes me fear whatever they announce for WoW will be sort of underwhelming, otherwise we'd get a panel on the first day. It might not even be an expansion announcement.
    there are still 4 mythic stage events that are comming soon, and they are probably Diablo whats next, overwatch whats next, wow whats next and the 4th is unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    This is the same guy trying to rationalize the idiotic fake leak from 4chan. Disregard this thread and be about your business.
    @Mister Satan: You're trying too fucking hard man.

WoW is far past its prime. They can still make money with WoW without putting out expansions.
    wow is still blizzards biggest income maker, why kill your own best cow

There's way too many "to be announced" for anyone to make this kind of guess, the majority of the first day is "surprise".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says there's even gonna be an expansion?
    LOL...let me guess...you think there is no expansion coming? You think classic is the future of WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    I don't know.. Did u ever watched Blizzcon? Opening Ceremony will probably have majority of announcements for new expansions and games. Those four Coming Soon! panels will be for in depth preview of the new content. There will be one for: WoW, Overwatch, Diablo and X. It seems HotS and Hearthstone panels wont happen on Main Stage so the last one might be anything. Maybe Classic/Warcraft3 Reforged thing, maybe new game. No one knows.

edit: before I get shit by Hearthstone fans, ye it might just be HS panel. I might be under rating HS.
    there is a HS panel later in the day on the epic stage, doubt it that they will have 2 HS update panels

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Will the announcements at Blizzcon be underwhelming? Yes and no.

The odds are that the fanboys who have already bought their tickets (virtual or on site) will likely find the Diablo 4 and WoW Expansion announcements (95% chance these will happen) to be the most amazing things every announced in the history of announcements. They are already committed spenders, so they will cling to any and all PR that doesn't drastically divert from expectations (Blizz's big issue last year).

As for the rest of us, it will be underwhelming. Diablo 4 will not be revolutionary, it will merely be evolutionary, and the WoW Expansion will be much the same. Both will be dressed up in lots of PR clothing to look huge and shiny, but it will only take a little bit of poking around to find that Blizz is likely calling cost-cutting exercises as game-changing ideas.

In the year of an expansion announcement? Unlikely. No one gives a shit about Overwatch 2 and all the Diablo fans have already given up on the franchise after the insult that Diablo 3 was.

Not at all. Diablo 3 was a tad disappointing but sold oogles of copies and people are still hoping for redemption.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    there are still 4 mythic stage events that are comming soon, and they are probably Diablo whats next, overwatch whats next, wow whats next and the 4th is unknown
    This is my thinking as well.
    They obviously aren't going to label them this early; they want it to be a surprise for day of.
    4 Coming Soon on the Mythic stage, two of which are back to back with no concurrent events, kind of just screams "major announcement" opportunity.
    WoW and Diablo are the "major" pieces that are expecting an announcement, maybe OW as well (probably like another map or character, esports something or other).

There's still plenty of opportunities in there.

Now... whether it will be underwhelming or not remains to be seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    This is my thinking as well.
    They obviously aren't going to label them this early; they want it to be a surprise for day of.
    4 Coming Soon on the Mythic stage, two of which are back to back with no concurrent events, kind of just screams "major announcement" opportunity.
    WoW and Diablo are the "major" pieces that are expecting an announcement, maybe OW as well (probably like another map or character, esports something or other).

There's still plenty of opportunities in there.

Now... whether it will be underwhelming or not remains to be seen...
    if they are announcing D4 this blizzcon, its going to be the biggest announcement of the event, and the first panel will 100% be D4, pretty sure they didnt lable them that way because if "Diablo whats next" is the first panel, it basicaly confirms D4

the 2nd one could be overwatch 2 since there are rumors that it will be announced at blizzcon

I will say this, I do find that if I keep my expectations low... or VERY low... I tend to be pleasantly surprised in the end.

So, to the people poo-pooing* this thread topic, consider that before hyping your expectations beyond a reasonable level. ^_^

*I just wanted to write the words "Poo-Poo" ;P