Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just decide loot rules before the group begins killing things inside the dungeon.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    Blizz wont take the item from you.
    I saw a GM do this once after a heroic ramparts run in tbc, it was one of the first few runs after hitting 70, some rando guy needs on the epic at the end and couldn't use it, i think 3 ppl msg'd the GM made a ticket, gm gave the item to the person who could actually use it. took it off the other guy, mailed it to the person who should have got it.

so i dunno, i think if you bitch to the gms about a ninja loot, they might transfer it. they can read the chat logs.

if some guys is like 'fuck yall i need gold' then the gm is gunna see that. i'm about 110% sure they don't actually endorse ninja looting, although it maybe possible, this isn't eve online. you can't get away with things like that if someone makes a ticket, then someone is forced to look into it.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-10-23 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbstermcgee View Post
    I totally understand the logic behind wanting to roll all need. However its clear the logic to all roll need quickly turned into an excuse to justify a ninja. Again, I dont care how you play the game. Fortunately for me I run a pretty tight shift in any pugs I organize(if im doing a pug) so its easy to weed out any potential problem players. And quite frankly I have time to keyboard warrior debate right now. But just to lay it out so everyone is aware this is the thought process:

>People are afraid one person in the group might ninja need a drop.

>In an attempt to avoid this people feel that if everyone rolls need, then all rolls are created equal so the ninja looter will have a harder time winning the roll. This would be a great strategy to use to then give the item to the person whom actually needs it.(Needing it is determined if it is an upgrade and will be equipped, not gold. You do not "need" for gold, there is another button for that called Greed)

>Then the "Need for Gold" argument comes up to defend the justification of keeping the item.

>The All Need strategy then allows everyone in the group some sort of justification to keep the item even if they were not intended to use it.

>Then the "Well they might sell it for gold too so i might as well sell it for gold" argument comes up.

I respect those in this thread that are at least honest with their preference of the All Need System. They prefer that system because "fuck errybody else I want gold". Thank you for being honest. But I would encourage those who are defending the All Need System for the sake of anti ninja looters to reflect on why you opt to go that route. Its because you too are a ninja looter looking for a justified reason get some extra gold. Its plain and simple. You're not a white knight trying to prevent ninja looters as much as you just looking for an excuse to justify stealing and abusing a game mechanic, just like a ninja looter would waiting for everyone to greed and then need. Its the same thing.

Its the internet, and its a video game. It is to be expected to see the worst of people. But lets just call it like it is, you arent trying to prevent ninja looters. You're trying to look for an excuse to ninja loot yourself and still appear to be the White Knight fighting the good fight against what you truly are. Who cares though, were not in a group together nor will we ever if that's how you play the loot system. But just call it what it is and dont pretend its anything but.
    Go on your server and scream about BoE ninjas. See if anyone cares lol

You will hear crickets

All that will happen is people will call you an idiot. Holy shit people

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Go on your server and scream about BoE ninjas. See if anyone cares lol

You will hear crickets

All that will happen is people will call you an idiot. Holy shit people
    Did you even read what you quoted? lol

He is right though....but agree he didnt read lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post

if some guys is like 'fuck yall i need gold' then the gm is gunna see that. i'm about 110% sure they don't actually endorse ninja looting, although it maybe possible, this isn't eve online. you can't get away with things like that if someone makes a ticket, then someone is forced to look into it.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. What they do care about is clearly outlined by Blizzard. If in a MASTER LOOTER setting, and loot rules are clearly posted in raid chat at the start, and then the ML/RL take loot and contradict their posted loot rules, they will take action:

Ninja Looting: Blizzard's Stance

Scam Policy

In the past some people were intentionally exploiting the lack of awareness others had regarding the available loot options and the absolute power that Master Looters have. We have seen that you consider this to be a major concern, and have revised our policy accordingly. If a clear cut agreement between the Master Looter and the other raid members was written in a public chat (such as raid or general) prior to the start of the raid, we will be enforcing that agreement in the event of a scam or a loot dispute.

Examples of clear looting rules:
    "LF2M DPS Icecrown Citadel. All tier tokens reserved for guild, everything else will be distributed via rolling"
    "Organising VOA raid, all items to be rolled for. Nothing reserved"
    "LFM Trial of the Crusader. All loot will be distributed via rolling"

Please note that although we are happy to assist you if you fall victim to a scam, it is always easier to prevent such a situation from ever occurring. Every time you join a raid group you are agreeing to the rules that are set up by the Raid Leader, both regarding the raid groups goals and loot distribution, and it is your responsibility to ask & confirm what they are. We recommend you to always be cautious when joining random groups with Raid Leaders you might not know too well. It is always better to find a leader you already trust, or try to cooperate with your guildmates and friends to organise a raid.

Nevertheless, if you do get into a situation where the Master Looter disregards the previous agreements that have been made between them and the group, you can report it to us by submitting an in-game ticket. We will be able to investigate the issue and take appropriate action should a scam have occurred; please note that restorations are not guaranteed, and indeed in the majority of cases we won't be able to perform any further loot distribution or reassignment, but all reports will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Please, feel free to comment on the change in this thread; we’re eager to hear your thoughts on this change and we’ll continue to review our policies based on your feedback.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/900641023

Pretty dated, and i just dont have time to find an updated version, but i dont believe their stance has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Quel sellar is a warrior and paladin tanking mainhand. The warrior needed it and u all greeded for the money. Imagine people rolling need on warglaives of azzinoth because they want the vendor money. Thats what u did.

Might as well roll need on every 2h weapon from now on as they are ez money aswell.
    What an idiotic approach. 500g in classic is enough gold for most classes to buy bis boe epics of their own. I'm a mage and I lost 2 freezing bands already and it didn't even cross my mind to attack anyone over it.

I took it like a man and farmed gold to buy 2 of them, that's life.

There's no such a thing as boe ninjas. Last 2 guys that I saw in world chat complaining about it got so much shit going their way they probably melted
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-10-23 at 07:45 PM.

none of it matters lol

go cry about BoE ninjas, see what happens

That's how you anser this question fuckwits

No one is gonna blacklist you for needing on a BoE that wasn't rezzed. If you think different your'e delusional

Meta on this was set before classic was announced. Maybe even original vanilla idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    IMHO it should follow the same rules as any other piece of BOE gear. The argument "but it sells for a lot" is essentially an excuse to justify being an asshole. If protocol for green/blue is to Need if you need, Greed if you want to sell/AH, then the rules shouldn't be changed because the color is purple instead of blue, and anyone who tries to argue that is basically trying to cover the fact they are selfish and contributed to part of what's wrong with the "social aspect" of MMOs in the first place.
    Agree 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself. People who need on BoE epics to sell on the AH when someone else needs it are just selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Agree 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself. People who need on BoE epics to sell on the AH when someone else needs it are just selfish.
    lol how do you figure they're more selfish than the guy who thinks he auto rezzes shit fungible with gold?

shut the fuck up pleb

lol how do you figure they're more selfish than the guy who thinks he auto rezzes shit fungible with gold?

shut the fuck up pleb
    Easy there killer, I can see someone feels personally attacked.

Easy there killer, I can see someone feels personally attacked.
    lol i'm just trying to shove that cognitive dissonance into your brain so you can snap outta it

I've been up and down this thread explaining even if it was BM, too bad that's how the game works. WTF u smoking? lol

Maybe try with a substantive response pleb

Pro tip: If you're gonna use ad hominem's as an effective strategy you have to include a point that goes along with the personal attack.

doesn't work that well in a vacuum

lol i'm just trying to shove that cognitive dissonance into your brain so you can snap outta it

I've been up and down this thread explaining even if it was BM, too bad that's how the game works. WTF u smoking? lol

Maybe try with a substantive response pleb

Pro tip: If you're gonna use ad hominem's as an effective strategy you have to include a point that goes along with the personal attack.

doesn't work that well in a vacuum
    Okay let me see if I'm doing it right:

gIt GuD pLeB!

Okay let me see if I'm doing it right:

gIt GuD pLeB!
    Close...now just include a point, lol

Ex. You fucking idiots who think this is bm should crawl into whatever anti social hole u live in and come to the real world with the rest of us. Acting like u think we're commies hahah

How much was your mother drinking when she had you?

My experience on BOE epics is all need. It's the most fair system so I think it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    My experience on BOE epics is all need. It's the most fair system so I think it's fine.
    It certainly eliminates a fair bit of drama and time wasting, but even if it is clearly stated "lfm bla bla BOE = all need" - some people can pack a sad. I mean there is nothing stopping them buying the item off the player if they lose the roll, and i can understand people being frustrated with an amazing item ending up on the AH instead of them equipping it, i think an even, fair playing field is the best option.

Well, i think the BEST option is running with friends and guildmates, but even with guildmates the tears can flow. I was in a guild in vanilla, did a 5man, BOE helm dropped, and the guilds policy was all BOE went to guild bank, and you could purchase them from the guild bank at a reduced rate. I made the purchase off an officer, made my deposit, and received the item. Few moments later the GM msgd me demanding i give the helm back, as there had been a mistake. There was no mistake, he wanted it for his alt. Massive officer drama followed, myself and 4 friends got gkicked, and a few officers left.

All over some lvl 30 or something helm. I guess what im saying is that even playing with guildies can cause drama, even if its not your 'fault'. In saying that, i have raided with the same team since BC, and we havnt had a single loot drama other than a few laughs and sour grapes that usually last 5 minutes before we all forget about it and move on. Its only loot - loot is a massive motivator, but if it is your ONLY motivator, you are probably gonna have a bad time.

What many here forget is that gold holds quite a bit of power in Classic compared to what we're used to in retail. There are BiS items (for all of Classic or the current tier) that are BoE and go for a good 1k+ gold. BoE epics that may be BiS for one can be converted to BiS for others.

BoP's obviously don't hold the power for others who can't use it, they only vendor for 10-20ish gold. BoP's obey the Need before Greed, valuable BoEs offer the same benefits for all.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the same value for everyone.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What many here forget is that gold holds quite a bit of power in Classic compared to what we're used to in retail. There are BiS items (for all of Classic or the current tier) that are BoE and go for a good 1k+ gold. BoE epics that may be BiS for one can be converted to BiS for others.

BoP's obviously don't hold the power for others who can't use it, they only vendor for 10-20ish gold. BoP's obey the Need before Greed, valuable BoEs offer the same benefits for all.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the same value for everyone.
    This is something some do seem to be disagreeing with. Lets say the item [Sword] is worth 1,000G on the AH. There is also an item called [Staff] worth 1,000G. During a run, [Sword] drops. The warrior rolls need, and everyone else rolls greed. Warrior wins. He can now choose to equip the item, or, sell it. Essentially since it is a BOE, he has not won [Sword] he has won 1,000G.

Scenario 2 is the same, but everyone rolls need, and the mage wins. The warrior has the choice of purchasing [Sword] for 1,000G, and the mage can sell [Sword] for 1,000G and purchase [Staff].

The difficulty with these situations is that it requires trust on two fronts. Firstly, trust that if the warrior demands everyone rolls greed as its his bis and wants to need, there is trust that everyone will actually roll greed. Secondly, there is trust that if the warrior does receive the item, he will equip it, and not just sell it.

"ill equip it after the run" - most of us have heard this as some stage for sure. Needing on a BOE causing it to become Soulbound was an interesting "solution" - and i watched many people need on items they couldnt use, and hearth, thinking they had won the lottery, only to find they had vendor trash, not some 50,000G item.

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    There is no ettiquette, if you want something you click NEED and pray to the RNG gods.
    If you dont need it, click GREED and pray you can sell it.

If you click NEED on something that others perceive you dont actually need, then youll be ostracized and criticized. But thats about it, Blizz wont take the item from you.
    If you are hunter and see DalRends drop, go ahead and need on em, make those pesky rogues and warriors mad. Make sure you give them a /rude while you hearthstone out. But know that every action has consequences...
    what consequences when realms have 20-30k people.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    When it comes to a BoE epic, everyone just rolls need to prevent ninjas, regardless of who actually needs/can use the item.
    No. Everyone rolls need because the item is equally useful/valuable to everyone. This is because a BoE is tradeable. Even if I cannot use the item personally, I can trade it for an item that is.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    So I should go ahead and just roll need on everything because "I need the gold to buy boes"

lol
    No, that's not even remotely close to what I said and you know it. If you have to resort to distorting my assertions to that degree, it simpy shows that you can't find a flaw in what I actually said.

lol
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2019-10-24 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No, that's not even remotely close to what I said and you know it. If you have to resort to distorting my assertions to that degree, it simpy shows that you can't find a flaw in what I actually said.
    Or that what you said is flawed inherently. But you're right it's probably because you're impeccable.

>lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.