Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Veiled Crystals ??

I assumed supply/pricing for these would settle down with rest of mats as we got further into expansion. Hasnt happened on my server (Shadowsong US)

Why?

What are others enchanters doing for supply of these to craft accords?

Still very low supply in AH on my server. Still high prices. Right now there is a single post. 60 crystals 1,000g each. Typically there are 5-10 listings. 1-10 crystals each. ~500g so not much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    A single veiled crystal on my server is currently sitting at 111g at its lowest and 155 at its highest

250-350g on my server, the Tool of the Trade thingy and Benthic gear, and voila.

Damn I gave it away(not really)

is my server just an outlier? its a medium pop server. Shadowsong US.

cant figure out what is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazjatar literally pisses benthic gear on you so having a constant influx of purples to disenchant really shouldn't be an issue now. You can also buy a minimum of one per day regardless of WQ awards just doing the 3 follower dailies.

Disenchanting with the Tool of the Trade also helps massively.

If you have alts, multiply this as benthic tokens are BoA.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    250-350g on my server, the Tool of the Trade thingy and Benthic gear, and voila.

Damn I gave it away(not really)
    Bethnic gear disenchant? lots of time on world quests. get 30 pearls? 6 pieces of bethnic. 6-10 crystals ? doesnt help crafting enough accords to meet demand.

couple of other quests give epic gear. 4-5 more crystals? again a drop in the bucket on what is needed.
    Last edited by Thzz; 2019-10-22 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    Bethnic gear disenchant? lots of time on world quests. get 30 pearls? 6 pieces of bethnic. 6-10 crystals ? doesnt help crafting enough accords to meet demand.

couple of other quests give epic gear. 4-5 more crystals? again a drop in the bucket on what is needed.
    No, not farming it, but if you got some alts that do some pearl quests there and so on, you can just send to your enchanter. Emissary with 25 pearls on 5 chars, 125 pearls, 25 benthic items, Tools of the Trade and you have 40 epic and 20 blue crystals within the hour. On your server, wohoo.

You can also kill those seaweed mobs for easy pearls too, rarespawns etc.

^^ that helps. thanks.

But even even I did all you say, I'd have enough crystals to make around 15 accord enchants for the week. Not nearly enough to meet demand, control accord market in the hopes of finding some way to make profit.

need more crystals.

why is crystal supply / demand so messed up on my server.

If you have any char that uses expulsom (for instance a tailor to make bags if you run M+) you make the cheapest green wrists and disenchant the ones that procced blue (with tools of the trade of course).

Depending on leather/cloth prices on your server it might even be profitable to do the expulsom shuffle just to make epic wrists for disenchanting.
    Last edited by Twdft; 2019-10-22 at 03:09 PM.

dumb question on iwend rod for tools of the trade. ive looked online but cant find.

Once you have the rod, do you have to go to golem each time you want to disenchant?

Have the rod in your bag to activate the proc chance, nothing else to do. You can get rid of your normal enchanting rod.

got it thx

- - - Updated - - -

something wierd still happening on my server (shadowsong US). For last 2 days there has been exactly one crystal for sale. 9k lolz

Just realised the amount of enchanting mats coming into the game compared to previous expansions is substantially less.

With Personal Loot, there is no longer an option for Non-Enchanters to Disenchant things in dungeons.

So Veiled Crystals would only be coming in from enchanters who dont need the purple gear they get.

Still not that hard to get though, I have 100+ just sitting in my bag cause from this week alone cause I cant be bothered to get my ass down to the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    something wierd still happening on my server (shadowsong US). For last 2 days there has been exactly one crystal for sale. 9k lolz
    I would take huge advantage of this. Run every source of epic-quality gear you can (M0s, Benthic, etc) and go nuts disenchanting. Easy way to make a fortune if people actually buy crystals for that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Just realised the amount of enchanting mats coming into the game compared to previous expansions is substantially less.
    It's almost like there's a system that "disenchants" gear into other materials and you don't need to use one of your two profession slots on it, so less people have Enchanting as a result.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

With Personal Loot, there is no longer an option for Non-Enchanters to Disenchant things in dungeons.

So Veiled Crystals would only be coming in from enchanters who dont need the purple gear they get.

Still not that hard to get though, I have 100+ just sitting in my bag cause from this week alone cause I cant be bothered to get my ass down to the AH.
    personal loot can still be traded to an enchanter if there is no upgrade for the receiver

i am not convinced supply and demand is any different than other expansions

take in consideration a single person can control the whole bfa enchanting market and might be doing that for shadowsong US as an example
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    personal loot can still be traded to an enchanter if there is no upgrade for the receiver

i am not convinced supply and demand is any different than other expansions

take in consideration a single person can control the whole bfa enchanting market and might be doing that for shadowsong US as an example
    Very rarely outside of an organised raid would you see people trading to get disenchanted. So the majority of gear would go unchanged.

The supply and demand is definitely different in this expansion compared to the last.

Last expansion the market was flooded.

This expansion:
    Scrapper exists as an item sink, giving enchanters a reason not to DE.
    Personal Loot takes away the automatic DE of items in random groups, removing the ability of non-enchanters to get materials.
    Enchants seem to require more materials than they have previously.
    We had an additional 25 levels added with further enchants, so any stockpile of the earlier enchants became potentially unwanted.
    Gear may even be easier to get this expansion which would lead to more enchants being required.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Benthic gear is BoA, so people will just mail them to their enchanter when they're done gearing the alts

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    You must have the rod in your bag to activate the proc chance

and then theres ravencrest EU 100-120g