Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If it only affects you and requires you to adjust to it like an extra mechanic (don't take damage, manage defensive cooldowns to survive, start moving around because something is chasing you, etc, these sound okay), then I am all for it--so long as it's optional. I.E., the corruption can be removed and the positive and negative sides of the corruption can be taken away. Doubly so, if you can give it back to the item.

If it affects your raid directly (i.e., AOE damage zones that your raid can take damage from, or adds that can attack other members of the raid), then it's a trash idea and needs to go into the trash, basically. However, I have no issue with, for instance, your raid being able to help with the corruption, for instance to be able to kill or snare and add that's chasing you (but not taunt it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Corrupted underwear would be hilarious.
    Sounds like Paheal Material right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    I have questions aboug these 3 affixes.

Corrupted Zone - Your spells and abilities have a chance to create a corrupted zone at your location, dealing Shadow damage to you every 2 sec. The size and damage of the corrupted zone increases with higher Corruption.

What I'm wondering is if, like the wording states the corrupted zone really only damages yourself? I'm going to assume yes and it gives the player the choice of how costly it is and it makes things spicy. Also, is there an internal cooldown to this? Or could you pop a corrupted zone during your rotation, then use an ability to mitigate the damage or avoid it and in doing so pop another corrupted zone? That would be unfortunate.

Creeping Death - Damage taken increased by 60% and healing reduced by 60%.

Where the corrupted zones present an obstacle that can be overcome by reactive gameplay, this is a consistent debuff that has to be powered through with extra healing and mitigation. Some people might enjoy that, it makes things more challenging. Definitely the harshest of the 3 though.

Grand Delusions - Taking damage has a chance to summon a Thing from Beyond, which pursues you for 10 seconds. It's speed increases with further corruption.

Again, what's the internal cooldown on this? How does it work, like will you summon a Thing from Beyond, it will chase you for 10 seconds, and then the internal cooldown will start? Or could you potentially be pursued by more than one Thing from Beyond at the same time? Also, it doesn't state exactly what happens when it reaches you. Does it attack you with damage scaled to your Corruption or does it automatically kill you? Can it be damaged, cc'd or killed, and can anyone else interact with it? Depending on all these factors I'd say it could make for an interesting mechanic.

But meh what do I know, I don't even play the game anymore.
    I don't think ICDs are a thing anymore. The tooltips for everything but Creeping Death indicate about one proc per minute, but that doesn't mean it's guarantee'd. You could get two in one minute, or none. Creeping Death seems permanent and 100% uptime. And even if they are all guarantee'd one proc per minute, you have to pray they don't over lap with each other or specific fight mechanics, that level of RNG is no fun.

From what I've heard, all mechanics are personal, so your zones won't damage others, but I have no personal confirmation.

Creeping Death isn't going to be manageable in any worthwhile content until you massively overgear stuff, and it scales up with more corruption (all the effects do), so 60 will eventually become 70, 80, possibly even 100 or more, to the point where you'll likely just get one shot or gimped by bad RNG constantly and since you take 60-100% less healing it's just all the more likely you won't get enough healing/have defensives before the next unavoidable damage. Void zone and slow effect proccing at the same time or getting caught with your pants down with the slow and a fight mechanic, or the ghost chasing you while you don't have a speed boost or ghost+slow, the slow overlapping with any of the other procs at high corruption levels is likely death especially if you have 60%+ more damage taken/60% less healing received. The benefit vs the RNG just doesn't seem worth it, get unlucky, which is likely, and you die and suddenly are doing no DPS at all. I think it's clear that you aren't suppose to get creeping death until you have so much gear the boss falls over before Lust falls off.

Just some quick numbers. Unavoidable mechanic does 100k damage. You now take 160k damage, and the healer needs to do 400k (You only receive 40% of the healing, 400,000x.4=160,000) healing to top you off. Literally 4x the healing is needed. It's simply not worth it, healers can't support that unless you bring in more healers instead of DPS, and then whats the point?
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-10-23 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    well whatever i guess

nobody said that, try atleast understand the point before trying to making a strawman
    "there is a reaosn why ICC was universaly loved. and that reason was the overtime nerf that allowed everyone to eventually see that raid.

it is also reason why classic raiding is so popualr - because people enjoy easy raids"

Well this basically says, mythic raid should either be easier (basically making the top difficulty heroic) or get much easier over time like ICC (also basically nerfing mythic to hero level)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    no, its means they are to many alternate modes, and by that sources of gear, that is what creates the problem. Blizzard literally said mythic raiding just exist because of the other 3 difficulties. Meaning one of the main (one, not THE, if you have trouble reading) reasons of gear bloat and this resulting clown fiesta is the current raiding model. Doesnt have anything to do with taking away. Thats like saying you are trying to take away peoples fun because you dont support blizzard introducing 50 other raid difficulties or making myhtic flex. Its a strawman
    I don't say i don't agree with you. LFR Hero and Mythic should be enough. No one really raids normal as far as i know. And i personally would like to go back to BC Raid layout where it gets more difficult the farther you get into the addon.

But still he literally used "easy" and "nerfed"... but nevermind maybe i just don't understand what he is trying to say and if so it is really badly worded because he also said that the hard raids were a mistake and that blizz apparantly focused on Mythic raiders... which i don't agree with.

STDs?

/10char

It doesn't sound any worse than the Titanforging system, or rolling random sockets.

/Shrug
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I wouldn't use it.. I'm not really gonna be playing 8.3. I don't like where it's going, but I'm not here to judge a book on it's cover. I just hope the next expansion isn't the whole Shadowlands crap. That would just make me not wanna play Live no more.

It is
    https://youtu.be/i1o78X0BQ5k
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

We don't need more RNG things, we want a base gear for each difficulty so we can play our alts when we are tired of our mains, just nothing more.

it's gonna be like that harbinger trinket from cos, and there's two ways it could go down.

1. the negative is a pita and buggy and no one uses it

or

2. it's like those two days where harbinger was bugged and didn't silence you and it was bis

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Ptr's sole purpose is to gather enough data to do multiple balancing waves before it goes live. Why do some od you treat it as final product is beyond me.
    Hahahahaha, how naive and gullible.

PTRs purpose is to find bugs. That's about it. They don't give a shit about anyone's feedback. They start caring about feedback about ~1-2 months after something hits live, and even then that doesn't mean they're going to do anything. If Blizz have a certain vision for something then your opinion on the matter doesn't mean shit.

The it's only alpha/beta/ptr/launch/x.1 patch meme didn't come from nowhere. What Blizzard does has absolutely nothing to do with player feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I mean, I wouldn't use it.. I'm not really gonna be playing 8.3. I don't like where it's going, but I'm not here to judge a book on it's cover. I just hope the next expansion isn't the whole Shadowlands crap. That would just make me not wanna play Live no more.
    funny thing is, someone is always gong to be mad. at least you can see that something isnt for you and be adult about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Then what's the point of even having it?

Is it supposed to add difficulty/flavor to fights?
    I think it's probably just some lore thing that they thought would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskot123 View Post
    For a company that doesn't want us to use 3rd party websites to figure out if gear is good, this seems like a good way to make us use a 3rd party website to know if gear is good.
    exactly this. On top of talents, stats, azerite traits, essences, etc. players already spend more time reading guides on wowhead, icy-vein, sim, etc. than actually playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I love the new system so far. People here are bloody silly, do you want everything to be a stat stick? This is way more interesting.
    Of course.

Right now, every class rotation is pressing 4-5 buttons and hoping for 10+ random procs from your azerite gear.

I prefer to have full stat stick gear than having 20 random proc buffs all the time which I have 0 control.

Making the rotation/abilities interesting, NOT the gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This won’t be like benthic because mythic gear will also have the effects unlike just the 425s.

And yeah we need to see the whole system imo. Not enough info for me to really decide if it’s gsrbage (imo) or not.
    I meant mostly for the whole not replacing the special effect piece cause your new piece doesnt have the effect. If it does that, it's basically no different than titanforging, except special effects can be much much more powerful then just a higher ilvl increase with TF.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I think it will be ok, just give it a chance.

I think it's much more interesting than titanforging. A few reasons:

1. It levels the playing field between the the lucky and unlucky players. It's a stat that you definitely want, so you'll be hoping to get some corrupted items (i.e. hoping for a 'titanforge'), but you don't want too much of it. So unlike with titanforging, you're not hoping for absolutely every single item you get to become corrupted, you just want a few items. They've mentioned that you can remove corruption on a piece of gear if you want to if you have too much of it. So there won't be some super lucky person totally decked out with 'max titanforged' items in every slot, since that would mean they'd have way too much corruption to be feasible; these 'super lucky people' will basically be forced to remove corruption from some of their items (or at least not use the item for now).

2. There is also a massive reduction in the reliance on RNG since you'll gain the same effects regardless of which piece of gear becomes corrupted, unlike with titanforging where you gain a much bigger benefit if a weapon or trinket titanforges compared to if a ring or a cloak titanforges. With corruption, you don't care which piece of gear 'titanforges', you just want any piece to corrupt and you don't care which. I guess there is some new RNG in that you're hoping for a good effect, but there are less different effects than there are different slots of gear, so you're still more likely to get your desired effect.

3. It allows a bigger differentiation between skilled and non skilled players. People who are more 'skilled' might be able to play around higher levels of corruption and thus get a bigger benefit from it.

4. It's also has an interesting interaction with the legendary cloak. As time goes on, as you upgrade your cloak, you'll be able to handle more and more corruption (since the cloak reduces the negative effects) so it introduces a bit of a dilemma of whether you want to cleanse an item from corruption, or whether you want to continue with the larger negative effect and wait for your cloak to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I meant mostly for the whole not replacing the special effect piece cause your new piece doesnt have the effect. If it does that, it's basically no different than titanforging, except special effects can be much much more powerful then just a higher ilvl increase with TF.
    If you replace a piece of corrupted gear with an upgraded item that is not corrupted, then this will allow you to use a corrupted piece of gear in another slot, perhaps in a slot where the corrupted piece is not as much a downgrade compared to the slot of that new item you just got. The intention of corruption is that you'll be sitting at a certain level that you're comfortable with, but you don't want too much of it because otherwise it will become overwhelming, so if you lose corruption due to equipping an uncorrupted item that was a huge upgrade, then you will be able to gain corruption elsewhere.
    Last edited by Turtel; 2019-10-24 at 03:47 AM.

Am I wrong that it sounds fun?

At the current status, the maximum you can have in the raid is pretty much the first one (slow), and even that could severely hinder the raid depending on the encounter.

Anything from the puddles will be avoided like a plague because it will certainly wipe the raid easily
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic