Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    If Argus wasn't worthy of an expansion I doubt the ethereal homeworld which consists of a couple of flying rocks in the middle of absolutely fucking nowhere is going to, and dragon isles is just an Isle filled with old god stuff.
    Your not wrong, furthering my thesis as to why WoW 2 is more likely inevitable, than hypothetical.

I feel blizzard wants to finish the saga of "Azeroth" and ultimatley end every story related to it (including other worlds like K'aresh) and then make WC4 or just WoW 2 and set it on a new world.

The reason I say all this is becaue Azeroths story is definatley getting close to being finished, and ultimatley ended.

So unless they keep some villians in reserve for a future game (I.E.) WoW 2, then we are legit removing every threat in shorter times than we would like.

A Naga Expansion which would have been amazing was rushed into 1 zone. A Emerald Dream expansion, rushed into 1 raid, Argus, Rushed into 3 mini zones.

Several concepts have just be "pushed" into being single stories with a finite ending.

And I feel like unless the next one is something legimtimately interesting, you may be right, this could be the end.

I dont think blizz will ever -kill- wow completley, but they probably know the golden age has passed, and now are looking more towards ending the journey so they can get new, young meat, instead of constantly bringing back old players.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I don't think they're trying to finish WoW off.

They are just doing it naturally because they're fucking awful at their jobs.
    this /10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slavrix View Post
    You do need to remember, that Blizzard writes the lore.

They can add anything and everything they want.

I'll just give you two quick things that could be the next bad guys.

Tyrannde, Alexstraza (only aspect that hasn't gone crazy yet)
    Alexstrazsa will never be evil

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You still have following unused:
    Dragon Isles
    K'aresh (As well as other worlds that we either were hinted at in Legion, or by other species)
    Undermine + its reach
    The Kingdom of Ahn'kahet (The Nerubian most likely has more of them)
    Shadowlands
    Emerald Dream (We've only seen a fraction)
    Tel'Abim

You can also delve into:
    Reclaim of old kingdoms
    Rekindle of old clans
    Ogre clans returning to power (We saw a hint of their might in WoD, what is to stop more adventures Ogres to journey through and make contact?)
    Void Lords
    The realm of Death (where it seems where heading)
    Gnomeregan (reclaim)
    Update of the current world (i.e. make Gadgetzan as we see it through Hearthstone. Growth to Orgrimmar/Stormwind, rebuild of Silvermoon, Exodar progression etc)

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, K'aresh is still active functioning. You hear of the Ethereals moving goods to and from the planet. And apparently cities there constructed in defense against the void. You hear of some Ethereals who broke part and join the path of the Void and more. So, one can safely believe K'aresh is doing better than Argus.
    Don't forget that the Light has been set up for some plot relevance too, as well as the mystery of Elune (moon expansion?), and we could still explore the Arcane and Fel in greater depth with new villains attached to those elements as well - Fel predates the burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    There is no practical means to determine this, but I always wonder what % of the playerbase actually cares about the story. Vocal minorities can be misleading. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people who care, it's just not proof.

Personally, I couldn't care less. I figure they'll fit the story to whatever they want for gameplay reasons. Also, I get my fix of stories and character development from books and film and I really don't need it in a video game. I mean, if it was some amazing story that would be cool, I just don't expect it from Blizzard. I love the Games Workshop stuff, so I don't think I am biased against game based stories, but that is a whole different tangent.

Anyway, I'll keep playing as long as the game is fun and I have friends playing. Even if the story is dumb, just like it has been for a long time.
    As far as WoW goes....I care about the story but I don't play the game for the story, because it's terrible and almost nonexistent. I honestly haven't even touched BFA, but I have been keeping up on what's happening.

I DO resub to FFXIV sometimes to catch up on the story though, because it's actually interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Don't forget that the Light has been set up for some plot relevance too, as well as the mystery of Elune (moon expansion?), and we could still explore the Arcane and Fel in greater depth with new villains attached to those elements as well - Fel predates the burning legion.
    If we do get an expansion primarily centering around Elune(whether as an ally or an enemy or both) 2 thing I hope we get are moonbeasts and perhaps the Blue Child as a character perhaps Cenarius' brother, perhaps he has an other worldly appearance