10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump thinks Colorado is a border state and that they’re building a wall there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwitterMo...49660131078146

Seriously, how have they not removed this neurologically degenerating criminal yet? Why do the GOP keep defending him?
    its the in for a penny, in for a pound at this point

if Trump goes down, there WILL be a blue ribbon commission to review this train wreck, and alot of people are going to be exposed as being toadies for something that will see them chased out like Sarah Sanders from a restaurant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The president said a couple minutes ago, "We're building a wall in Colorado. We're building a beautiful wall. A big one that really works."
    "And Utah will pay for it".

Looking forward to the What He Bouldered Was.

Also, remember when Trump called Never Trumpers "human scum"?

Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) criticized President Trump's recent tweet calling "Never Trump" Republicans "human scum."

"To call anybody human scum is beneath the office of the presidency. You can't say that, right? You're the president. You have different standards," Kinzinger said in a CNN interview.

"Sometimes you'll hear people say, 'Well this congressman said this once,'" he added. "Yeah, nobody should say anything like this. But I think there's a different level when you're the president of the United States. You have a different responsibility, and that's why I'm outspoken about it."

The lawmaker called on his colleagues to "talk to each other as grownups."

"We need to just have conversations, and I'm going to say this to my colleagues on my side and the other side of the aisle," Kinzinger said. "By calling names and screaming and yelling and demonstrating, you never win anybody to your side. You just make your base happy, but you're not actually doing anything effective."
    - - - Updated - - -

Wait, there's this one:

Well this is awkward...Colorado doesn’t border Mexico. Good thing Colorado now offers free full day kindergarten so our kids can learn basic geography
    -- the Governor of Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-asylum-seeker

Remember Roxsana Hernandez? The transgender asylum seeker who died in ICE custody?

Yeah, the surveilance footage is gone. ICE deleted it because they don't store footage for more than 90 days. Even if someone dies, apparently, and even if the family requests an independent autopsy that's generally a precursor to potential legal action.
    Fellas, Never let the military go all out on your cities, pushing your rights under their boots. Their job is to defend you, not to defend the interests of the ruling class. This is apparent with ICE, which is at this moment, little more than a group of thugs, preying on vulnerable people.

(and yea, still alive and well)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, that would be a good payment for the crime against humanity that is mormonism

/s
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2019-10-24 at 02:57 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Fellas, Never let the military go all out on your cities, pushing your rights under their boots. Their job is to defend you, not to defend the interests of the ruling class. This is apparent with ICE, which is at this moment, little more than a group of thugs, preying on vulnerable people.

(and yea, still alive and well)
    Not the military. Federal law enforcement. It would be insulting to the military to lump the two together.

The military is barred from enforcing laws in 99% of all circumstances. Thats why it was problematic when Trump called for US troops at the US-Mexican border, and why it was huge was of time and resources.

ICE is a bullshit alphabet organization (FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF, etc) that sprang up 9/11 because were...even more xenophobic. Sadly, their task was and is to mess with people who look a particular way so that people who don't look can feel better. ICE is even viewed as clowns by other federal law enforcement agencies. Plenty of government agencies and PDs do not cooperate with ICE. Someone should ask how many terrorists they've actually caught compared to more useful, more lawabiding agencies.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not the military. Federal law enforcement. It would be insulting to the military to lump the two together.

The military is barred from enforcing laws in 99% of all circumstances. Thats why it was problematic when Trump called for US troops at the US-Mexican border, and why it was huge was of time and resources.

ICE is a bullshit alphabet organization (FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF, etc) that sprang up 9/11 because were...even more xenophobic. Sadly, their task was and is to mess with people who look a particular way so that people who don't look can feel better. ICE is even viewed as clowns by other federal law enforcement agencies. Plenty of government agencies and PDs do not cooperate with ICE. Someone should ask how many terrorists they've actually caught compared to more useful, more lawabiding agencies.
    Nice to know! I'm sorry for lumping the military with agencies like ICE.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...22295556874241

Suuure staffer who wrote this tweet. Whatever you say.
    I wonder why the GOP doesn't push federal legalization of weed citing states Colorado as a pro. The tax it, just tax cuts on the rich due to the new tax revenue. Want to build 'The Wall'? Tax money to build it. Cut out some of the drug smugglings across the border.

Who am I kidding, they make a lot more money off their current drug policies via the industrial prison complex.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I wonder why the GOP doesn't push federal legalization of weed citing states Colorado as a pro. The tax it, just tax cuts on the rich due to the new tax revenue. Want to build 'The Wall'? Tax money to build it. Cut out some of the drug smugglings across the border.

Who am I kidding, they make a lot more money off their current drug policies via the industrial prison complex.
    Hint: It's that, as well as the fact that certain demographics are disproportionately harmed by harsh drug law enforcement. There's a reason legalisation is happening primarily in diverse and heavily urbanised states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump faces a new and difficult challenge.

See, there's this guy named Kevin McAleenan, who until the 11th was the acting DHS head. He resigned, according to a Trump tweet, to spend more time with his family. No, really. "wants to spend more time with his family". Exact fucking quote.

There's another guy, Ken Cuccinelli, the acting head of Citizenship and Immigration. This is not a Cabinet-level position. Head of DHS is.

We've seen recently that Cuccinelli might not be viable:

The White House's personnel director has told President Donald Trump that neither immigration hardliner Ken Cuccinelli nor Customs and Border Protection chief Mark Morgan are eligible to succeed Kevin McAleenan as acting Homeland Security secretary, a senior administration official confirmed to CNN.

The Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel concluded that neither of the two men, who were said to be Trump's favorites to succeed McAleenan and filling acting posts at the Department of Homeland Security, are eligible to succeed McAleenan because they had not served at least 90 days under the last Senate-confirmed Homeland Security secretary, Kirstjen Nielsen.
    The thing is, Cuccinelli is a former Virginia D.A. and made a name for himself as a real hard-liner, in other words, perfect for someone like Trump who just doesn't want brown people on his lawn.

But there's another issue: Mitch McConnell.

See, Cuccinelli has raised money to challenge McConnell in the past.

“Mitch McConnell has filled the Senate with people like Lisa Murkowski, John McCain, Shelley Moore Capito, Lamar Alexander, and Dean Heller who all promised the voters they would repeal Obamacare, but when the time came to do it they refused,” Cuccinelli wrote in an August 2017 fundraising message for the fund. “Instead of admitting his mistake, McConnell is blaming the President for having ‘excessive expectations’ even though he was the one who set those expectations with years of empty promises!”

Four of the senators referenced in that one fundraising message are still serving in the current narrow, 53-47, GOP majority, and both the SCF and Cuccinelli, a former Virginia attorney general, have worked against a number of other Republicans now serving in the Senate.
    "Okay, that's pretty bad. I don't see how it could get w--"

Under Cuccinelli’s leadership, the Senate Conservatives Fund also endorsed Roy Moore for Senate in Alabama in a 2017 GOP primary runoff, over incumbent Sen. Luther Strange. Establishment Republicans backed Strange, who was appointed to the seat vacated when Jeff Sessions became attorney general.
    @Skroe has said, recently, that Trump is having a hard time finding new people. That's true. And now, he's having a hard time even promoting his old people. Because at some point, when you try to make it all about you, it becomes not about them...right when you need them.

Looking forward to the What He Bouldered Was.

Also, remember when Trump called Never Trumpers "human scum"?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, there's this one:

Well this is awkward...Colorado doesn’t border Mexico. Good thing Colorado now offers free full day kindergarten so our kids can learn basic geography
    -- the Governor of Colorado
    I wonder where the virtue signalers are at, you know, the ones so damn offended over the "deplorable" comment?

Sounds like you need to revisit what the Russians did in 2016 if you think Trump is able to give them what they need to carry out another campaign to support him.
    It was mostly a joke. But then again, that story was exclusively about the White House. I don't think Russia hacked their servers in 2016, or did they? Honest question.

Yep. The man is seriously degenerating mentally and the GOP is too busy trying to pack the courts to care.
    I really don't think he is. He's always been like this.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Yes @Breccia covered this.

Umm, the speech was in Pennsylvania. Plus they show the crowd and I take it was at some business. Ever effin rube stood up and cheered.

Shows how stupid they are not knowing the US borders. Also cheering for a wall, which none has been built, blah blah. I despise these people.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    So that trade deal with China Trump claimed was the biggest ever ever? $40 to $50 billion in US Ag purchases?

It's actually $20 billion.

"That's still a -- "

As in, about the same as they bought in 2015. And 2016. In other words, Trump sunk his own economy only to celebrate the status quo.

So that trade deal with China Trump claimed was the biggest ever ever? $40 to $50 billion in US Ag purchases?

It's actually $20 billion.

"That's still a -- "

As in, about the same as they bought in 2015. And 2016. In other words, Trump sunk his own economy only to celebrate the status quo.
    I swear Trump has no idea what past values were of anything, he just knows in his heart they were "bad". So when China agrees to some large number he automatically assumes it's the best (similar to his claims of best economy ever).

Remember Foxconn?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/23/...ant-trump-deal

Electronics manufacturer Foxconn’s promised Wisconsin “innovation centers,” which are to employ hundreds of people in the state if they ever get built, are officially on hold after spending months empty and unused, as the company focuses on meeting revised deadlines on the LCD factory it promised would now open by next year. The news, reported earlier today by Wisconsin Public Radio, is another inexplicable twist in the nearly two-year train wreck that is Foxconn’s US manufacturing plans.

The company originally promised five so-called innovation centers throughout the state would that employ as many as 100 to 200 people each in high-skilled jobs, with the Milwaukee center promising as many as 500. Those jobs were to complement the more than 13,000 jobs Foxconn said its initial Wisconsin electronics manufacturing factory would bring to the US, in exchange for billions in tax breaks and incentives that Governor Scott Walker granted the company back in 2017.

Yet after purchasing a building in Milwaukee and announcing plans to build the centers in other Wisconsin cities, Foxconn has done virtually nothing with the plans. In April, The Verge reported that the buildings Foxconn had purchased were empty, a report that the company disputed without providing any specific corrections or evidence to the contrary — and the company still hasn’t provided any 194 days later.
    Scott Walker and Trump got scammed, hard. This is not remotely surprising, and I feel bad for the people in Wisconsin who are now on the hook for corporate welfare without the promised benefits to workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember Foxconn?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/23/...ant-trump-deal

Scott Walker and Trump got scammed, hard. This is not remotely surprising, and I feel bad for the people in Wisconsin who are now on the hook for corporate welfare without the promised benefits to workers.
    I'll say it one more time. The idea that a Taiwanese electronic manufacturer can open a factory in the US and make a profit is beyond stupid. Somebody did not do their accounting homework.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I'll say it one more time. The idea that a Taiwanese electronic manufacturer can open a factory in the US and make a profit is beyond stupid. Somebody did not do their accounting homework.
    Follow the money and you'll likely find a good amount of people who really did their accounting homework.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

The word of the United States is much more respected today than it was just two and a half years ago
    "Holy fuck, whoever it is, they're insane."

It's Pompeo, yes.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told a reporter for a Kansas newspaper that his question was "insane" after the journalist asked if the President Trump's recent decision to move troops out of northern Syria undermined U.S. credibility.

Pompeo was asked by a Wichita Eagle reporter, "What good really is the word of the U.S. in light of the president’s treatment of the Kurds? Has that undercut U.S. credibility?"

"The whole predicate of your question is insane," Pompeo responded.

"The word of the United States is much more respected today than it was just two and a half years ago," the top U.S. diplomat added. "The previous administration in Syria, where you asked the question earlier, the previous administration said, ‘Boy, if you use chemical weapons that’s going to be bad,’ and the president drew a red line, President Obama drew a red line. He then duly ignored it."

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I really don't think he is. He's always been like this.
    I dont know whether it's just age or something more sinister (or an act for the fans), but he has definitely changed.

His Oprah interview in 88 is a great one as the rhetoric is pretty much the same, but thy way he come across, his tone, mannerisms, fluency, make him seem like a completely different person (almost normal ;p). He's even modest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI