Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Are you an LFR hero? you sound like one

+Crit damage can make your LFR gear valued higher than any Mythic gear. 425 Benthic with +3% crit damage literally worth more than ilvl 455 EP gear for some spec (all dps spec at this point).

You're that clueless LFR hero that think just because 455 > 425 means 455 is the best arent you?

Stay in LFR.

This is wrong, Titanforging problem was that it makes lower content could reward gear with equal or higher stats value than its higher difficulty counterparts, this is still true in Corrupted gears.

Titanforged LFR Gear with 455 ilvl have higher value than Mythic Gear with 445 ilvl.
    the same can be said with
    Corrupted LFR Gear with 4% crit damage 455 ilvl have higher value than 480 ilvl Mythic Gear

If Titanforged LFR gear rewards 750 ilvl gear but still have 425 ilvl gear stats, nobody would care.
    No it doesnt becouse corrupted items add debuffs. Gl in LFR with buch of corrupted players. Its alredy **** show as it is. Majority of players wont use corrupted items becouse they wont be capable to dealing with it.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-10-24 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No it doesnt becouse corrupted items add debuffs.
    yes it does if you cleanse it

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    I assume you lose all benefits (as well as downsides) once you cleanse it.
    It becomes a normal piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I assume you lose all benefits (as well as downsides) once you cleanse it.
    It becomes a normal piece of gear.
    Cant you read the patch notes on wowhead
    Really go check them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    i honestly think bfa will be one of the best expansions ever with corrupted gear
    Thats because it's the ONLY EXPANSION WITH CORRUPTED GEAAARRRRRRR
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Cant you read the patch notes on wowhead
    Really go check them
    I did read the blue post.

It makes no sense you can get the benefits and lose the downsides on all Corrupted gear.
    Makes absolutely no sense.

Why have downsides then?

Here is a quote from blue post:
    -We also never want an item that would otherwise be an upgrade to feel unusable as a result of being Corrupted, so any Corrupted items can be taken to the Heart Forge and purified without restriction . If you get that trinket you’ve been hoping for, but it’s Corrupted with a beneficial effect you don’t like, or wearing it would push you above a Corruption threshold you’re comfortable with, just purify the item and carry on.

If you cleanse it you remove affixes and it will be regular lfr gear. Mythic + corruption is stronger than LFR with corruption. No you cant get best items from outside of mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    In a-plenty of games, equipment with advantage and drawbacks is interesting. It spice up things a bit-would you like to have gear that is not ''BiS on IcyVeins'' but that require some independant deicision making ?
    It sounds like a very interesting idea. The question is: isn't that a little bit overcomplicated?

Controlling which debuff is optimal in which fight, cleansing the items, and wheter debuff is actually worth the debuff. It looks like more simcrafts are coming.

I did read the blue post.

It makes no sense you can get the benefits and lose the downsides on all Corrupted gear.
    Makes absolutely no sense.

Why have downsides then?

Here is a quote from blue post:
    -We also never want an item that would otherwise be an upgrade to feel unusable as a result of being Corrupted, so any Corrupted items can be taken to the Heart Forge and purified without restriction . If you get that trinket you’ve been hoping for, but it’s Corrupted with a beneficial effect you don’t like, or wearing it would push you above a Corruption threshold you’re comfortable with, just purify the item and carry on.
    Omg. No. If you have for example 430 itemlvl. And 445 + corruption with affix drops in raid. But affix is useless to you so it would not be worth to use becouse of debuffs they will let you cleanse item of corruption so you can have that 15 itemlvl upgrade but it also removes affix.

Omg. No. If you have for example 430 itemlvl. And 445 + corruption with affix drops in raid. But affix is useless to you so it would not be worth to use becouse of debuffs they will let you cleanse item of corruption so you can have that 15 itemlvl upgrade but it also removes affix.
    I dont understand what i said wrong.
    I said you cant keep the bonuses and simply remove the corruption on all corrupted gear.

If you cleanse it, you lose both the bonuses and corruption.

I dont understand what i said wrong.
    I said you cant keep the bonuses and simply remove the corruption on all corrupted gear.

If you cleanse it, you lose both the bonuses and corruption.
    Nothing it i should read responses like relly far back one.

If you cleanse it you remove affixes and it will be regular lfr gear. Mythic + corruption is stronger than LFR with corruption. No you cant get best items from outside of mythic.
    People here have a serious problem with reading

Go read wowhead

People here have a serious problem with reading

Go read wowhead
    What article?
    I just quoted for you the most recent one.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The only real problem I see with corruption right now is that it's likely to favor certain classes heavily.

For instance, you won't care much about shit chasing you if you're a beast mastery hunter.
    This is the problem I see as well but I guess that is a problem of how classes are tuned in WoW as much as anything. Optimally these effects would be better tailored to different classes/speccs but there's so much variation that this is probably impossible to do. For example for a mage, the corrupted gear sounds terrible above 20 corruption when you get the void zone or when you get the add if you run rune of power. However, it sounds much more managable with Incanter's Flow. Additionally, it sounds like tanks can forget going above 19 corruption and get the void zones or adds though I am not entirely sure how much damage moving a boss will cause at higher difficulties myself. I really think this system sounds interesting but the negative effects are so much more negative for some classes at the moment meaning that it can lead to a massive boost in BM hunter DPS (for example) and draw more immobile classes to the bottom.

What article?
    I just quoted for you the most recent one.
    Go and read it all again

Slowly

Go and read it all again

Slowly
    One of us sucks at english. I think you are the one not reading it right

It's the opposite

Sadly for you , if you take something and don't understand it and read it the wrong way you have a major problem

It's the opposite

Sadly for you , if you take something and don't understand it and read it the wrong way you have a major problem
    Reasons why i think you are wrong:

1. Makes no sense in a design perspective
    2. Its said on wowhead you can purify all items WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS.
    Now tell me...
    How does it make sense to remove all the "bad" from the item and keep the bonuses...if you can purify without restrictions?

You get the item...purify...

This way you never get corruption whastoever.
    What you say, makes no sense

7+ Year Old Account
    from what i hear about it, its too much RNG, i guess is a good idea with bad execution, like almost anything blizzard is doing recently.

There is indeed a wowhead article that suggests that you can cleanse the corruption while keeping the beneficial effect, so theres 2 options here imo:

1- It was a clear typo and cleansing removes both effects
    2- Theres 2 types of cleanse, the free one that removes both effects, and a paid one (which i assume will be expensive and requires currency) that purifies the corruption while keeping the beneficial effect.