Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Bring "normal gear" back?

Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-24 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utopia

/10
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

No, thanks. If you want a boring, outdated game, classic is there for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    Yes but that won’t happen, people left on retail probably like those systems so they’re gonna stick to it.

computer says ....no

because gotta boost those MAUs to satisfy shareholders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Old setup > current set up, but I'd rather they just try something completely new that's not bullshit hamster wheel life draining crap.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    MoP system - gear can WF to 6ilvl higher than base. Currency that you earn by doing raids, m+ chest and emissaries can upgrade it twice (5ilvl each time).

Agreed - would be nice to have a handful of different gear for each slot, so the possible BiS items are determined between a few of them depending on what you aim for...

And bring back the value of "what's epic and what's rare". Everything is basically epic, once you reach a certain item lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    What makes retail fun for me are the mythic raids and high m+ keys.... not the gear. So Classic is not an alternative in relation to that content.

Wondering how the basics of RPGs could be outdated ? Boring I get it, but outdated ?

Imagine getting your enjoyment from RNG procs instead of actual gameplay.

Edit: this is not a defense of classic or even a condemnation of RNG. I was merely expressing my amusement over the fact that people could unironically claim that this game would be boring without titanforging.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-10-25 at 04:57 PM. Reason: trogs misreading my post every hour

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear
    Short answer, No.

Longer answer ... update the system to be more controlled and achievable instead of rng on top of rng on top of rng.

An idea I was thinking was something more like benthic but with the currency coming from various activities and of course with a weekly cap. Like remove the Normal, Heroic, Mythic, Mythic+ labels but instead have all gear upgradeable with the said currency. For example:

Let's take random item and it's ilvl range is from 400 to 440. In normal it drops as 400, heroic as 415 and mythic as 430. M+ gear will range from say 385 (+1) to 435 (being 425 at +10 and not going higher). No matter where you get it from, you can upgrade it all the way to 440 in case of raid gear and 435 in case of M+ gear, obviously mythic raiders will have it to 440 in no time, while it's not realistic for normal raiders to get more than 1-2 items all the way to 440, that's where the weekly cap comes in.
    Sockets will come in as guaranteed on some items with the stat budget deducted for being there.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Nothing wrong with the current system, I think it's a nice surprise when you get some randomly better gear and it gives players a reason to keep grinding if they enjoy the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Short answer, No.

Longer answer ... update the system to be more controlled and achievable instead of rng on top of rng on top of rng.

An idea I was thinking was something more like benthic but with the currency coming from various activities and of course with a weekly cap. Like remove the Normal, Heroic, Mythic, Mythic+ labels but instead have all gear upgradeable with the said currency. For example:

Let's take random item and it's ilvl range is from 400 to 440. In normal it drops as 400, heroic as 415 and mythic as 430. M+ gear will range from say 385 (+1) to 435 (being 425 at +10 and not going higher). No matter where you get it from, you can upgrade it all the way to 440 in case of raid gear and 435 in case of M+ gear, obviously mythic raiders will have it to 440 in no time, while it's not realistic for normal raiders to get more than 2-3 items all the way to 440, that's where the weekly cap comes in.
    Sockets will come in as guaranteed on some items with the stat budget deducted for being there.
    Personally I think the best gear should only be obtainable by the hardest content. But that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ideal system is old system + upgrading gear via tokens which drop from every boss. Something like 1 boss = 1 token = +1 ilvl up to +14 ilvl. Some RNG is fun, but just a little bit.

I would say that MoP gearing system was closest to controlled RNG with some progression.

Raids could have warforge item (+6ilvls) and you could upgrade all gear twice, +5ilvl each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

I want the removal or some hard limitations to Titanforging
    I want more stat types back; Multistrike for example
    I want Reforging back so I can convert stats I don't like into Multistrike
    I want sockets to be static again instead of random
    I want a way to choose and attach speed / leech to gear. Make a cap and allow me to put as much leech, speed or both on whatever pieces I want, up to that cap.

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    The reason they started with reforging etc is because people were bored of the standard model of this is what you get. Now deal with it.

Titanforging was bad but Blizzard is atleast doing something other than the stale progression of old.

If you don’t like it stop playing or come up with something better and pitch it to Blizzard.

I want tier sets back.
    I want dungeons specific loot to come back. If I want a specific cloak I want to know what dungeon to farm.
    I want mythic to drop the best gear.

But I don’t mind Blizzard adding some flair to it.
    Last edited by babyback; 2019-10-24 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Imagine getting your enjoyment from RNG procs instead of actual gameplay.
    Imagine being so salty that you no longer feel joy when you get lucky.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes please..