10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Xbox Game Pass is actually cheaper than F76 sub, and it includes Outer Worlds. Nuff said.

Also, Bethesda didn't secure the Fallout First domain name, so some guy did, and is now making fun of them:

http://falloutfirst.com/
    Lol, he should put a tonne of ads on that page.

Help pay for his FO sub.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-10-24 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Xbox Game Pass is actually cheaper than F76 sub, and it includes Outer Worlds. Nuff said.

Also, Bethesda didn't secure the Fallout First domain name, so some guy did, and is now making fun of them:

http://falloutfirst.com/
    Good for a few laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why do people keep using this bullshit argument?

Most games with microtransactions have content available there that costs way more than the purchase price of the game itself. And this is standard business practice, even outside of gaming. The base price of a hotel stay might be $100 for a basic room. If you add on room service, minibar, paid high-speed wi-fi, a PPV movie, and upgrade to a suite, I guarantee you're paying way more than an extra $100. Those extras cost more than the "price for the base room". And nobody thinks that's unusual.

The whole nonsense argument is rooted in an idea that the base price of a game should entitle you to every piece of content the game could include. And that's a position that is just completely out of touch with the gaming industry of today, and their revenue models.

This aged so well. Did Endus got hired by Todd?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I was actually considering picking up the game whenever the Human NPC patch come out.... now I'm not so sure.

Huh?

I have not played the game so I dont know, but wasnt fallout 76 a subscription based game anyway? So is this another subscription to add top of already existing subscription?

Or are you saying the moneygrabbing bethesda made it originally B2P game? That they would have missed the chance to grab some money from subscription? Surely that cant be the case. They made the entire game to be a shop rather than a game.

If bethesda is hoping to get people pay two subscriptions for the same game, then yeah, lolz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Huh?

I have not played the game so I dont know, but wasnt fallout 76 a subscription based game anyway? So is this another subscription to add top of already existing subscription?

Or are you saying the moneygrabbing bethesda made it originally B2P game? That they would have missed the chance to grab some money from subscription? Surely that cant be the case. They made the entire game to be a shop rather than a game.

If bethesda is hoping to get people pay two subscriptions for the same game, then yeah, lolz.
    It wasn't a subscription based game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen..._new_scrapbox/

ITS BUGGED. THE IDIOTS WHO PAYED FOR THIS SHIT LOST ALL THEIR ITEMS.

This is the fucking gift that keeps on giving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Totaly deserved. To trust them with money for this.

10+ Year Old Account

I feel bad for the guy, but holy shit is that funny

It's like dumping napalm on a dumpster fire...

And it gets worse...

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...roundup_patch/

The private instances (because seriously, lets call them what they fucking are) aren't private! Anyone on your friend list can join! And seeing as how it became pretty common for people to have EXTENSIVE friend lists for the purpose of farming items/events and trading, this means people have to go back through their lists to kick people off it if they ever want actual privacy.

Can't they just add a password to join or something? This is simple shit, Bethesda. The original Diablo handled this better than you are!

Oh, and then there's the secondary camp causing the game to crash. Because what DOESN'T cause this game to crash?

Meanwhile, at Bethesda:

7+ Year Old Account
    I think this cements F76 as a biggest gaming shitshow in he industry. Anthem at least had nice graphics...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Still wouldn't be surprised if some Hardcore F76 player out there actually pays for this lmao.
    I've already seen one. And that person was extremely happy about paying for a private server

I mean, of course companies will keep pushing this shit
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I'm fucking dying. I hope we get another Internet Historian video out of this shitshow
    I have no idea why these gamers are still putting up with a game that keeps abusing them. Masochists lmao.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-24 at 01:38 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I have no idea why these gamers are still putting up with a game that keeps abusing them. Masochists lmao.
    The same reason the Tortanic debacle survived purely because "BUT ITS STAR WARS!!!". Fallout become supreme mainstream watercooler gamer b8 and those people have no standards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I'll be super honest.
    I like F76 and I was still playing it at least twice a week. Hell, i would've loved to get the Ranger armor.

But the game's in no state to announce a susbcritpion system. Not after being unpolished, unfinished and after delaying its main upcoming updated to next year. I mean, it seems to be devoid of content until they finally release the Wastelanders update.
    So why exactly would people want to pay monthly for this is what baffles me
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

What the actual fuck is wrong with Bethesda? They took all that karma they earned from their earlier games, set it on fire, and basically said "fuck it, we're all rich now so let's just try to squeeze more money from these plebs and fuck our reputation".

Pete Hines, head of marketing and communication, is just about the worst PR guy I've ever seen. He has a terrible arrogant attitude towards players, and the company as a whole is aloof and tight lipped.

It's really sad what happened to Bethesda. I have zero confidence in Elder Scrolls 6 after this subscription bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    This game was DOA, then it got a glimmer of hope and almost a year later, its values (if Bethesda has any) are being gutted.

Please hand over the Fallout IP to Obsidian so they can make a proper game and let them keep 100% of the profits.
    Microsoft owns them now. This isn't really an option anymore.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What the actual fuck is wrong with Bethesda? They took all that karma they earned from their earlier games, set it on fire, and basically said "fuck it, we're all rich now so let's just try to squeeze more money from these plebs and fuck our reputation".

Pete Hines, head of marketing and communication, is just about the worst PR guy I've ever seen. He has a terrible arrogant attitude towards players, and the company as a whole is aloof and tight lipped.

It's really sad what happened to Bethesda. I have zero confidence in Elder Scrolls 6 after this subscription bullshit.
    Because as we have seen total fucking idiots see no problem and paid up to give them money. Really think about that. A basic part of the survival trains ingrained in most mammals, fish and birds is "i tried X, the results were bad, i wont try that again" and thats how we go "ow the kettle is hot, i wont touch that after getting burned once!".

These idiots that paid for this have put up with all of this and said "what could possibly go wrong?" and gave them more money.

It says Fallout on the box. For these people to still be giving them money they can only be a total brand shill or an idiot. The idiot buck has a long shelf life because they never learn and thats clearly the audience of rubes Bethesda is farming with this. Because they can.