Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    If Nightborne are Night Elves and Zandalari Trolls are Darkspear Trolls, then Vulpera are Goblins.
    From a technical point, yes, not lore-wise. Nomadic gypsy fox people are nothing like goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    One of the reasons people hated Draenei so much for a decade or so was that they were literally just pulled out of thin air. Ugly russian goat people pulled out of no where with god damn spaceships.

Original? Sure. I could make a walking dick that speaks with a spanish accent and uses rollerblades as a mount. Original? Sure. Good? No.

'Original' is not a good argument. There is more lore and immersion in Dark Irons than there will ever be in Vulpera. Vulpera will be the race that, in 5 years time, has no leader, hasnt received any updates since BFA, and looks like it should belong in Wildstar.

Vulpera are literally just furry Goblins. In terms of quality in terms of uniqueness, lore, immersion and so on, nothing comes even close to Kul'Tirans and Zandalari Trolls.

You may not like em, how they look or whatever, but the two aforementioned races are actual races. They don't share anything with other rigs at all. Goblins share everything but dances and front flips with Vulpera.
    Well, I have no idea what the future holds for Vulpera, and how much Blizzard even cares to implement lore-wise for them beyond perhaps "just a new allied race." You make a good point, but the same could be made for Pandaren, perhaps to a lesser extent since they did have an entire expansion dedicated to them, but not much since.

Just because Vulpera may not be your cup of tea, doesn't mean every allied race can't try to be original. Vulpera are polarizing, you either hate them or love them, but Warcraft can't be limited to just implementing pre-established lore. I appreciate Vulpera for what they are; in terms of allied races, you have to think outside the box. Sure, they likely won't be as well received over the long haul like Kul'tirans and Zandalar, or even Dark Irons as you pointed out, but they seem like they will be well-received better than mechagnomes. So while I might prefer Zandalar over Vulpera, I'd sure as hell prefer Vulpera over something like Lightforged Draenei or Mechagnomes.

They'll never know if it works if they don't try, and ugh... I would not have wanted "Gilgoblins" either...

We'll see how they immerse Vulpera into the Horde's story going forward if at all, but right now, at least they have their own backstory, however limited it might be and seemingly out of nowhere (Void Elves say hi. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Vulpera are definitely more superior than .... Gnomes... I mean cmon Gnomes are gross.
    Like vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    haha you mean the fat humans or the blueberry elves?
    Fat humans have the most modern animations. Blueberry elves are highly anticipated high elves but cooler.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Mixing horde races with cute pies is like merging pedophiles with children.
    Except goblin and Vulpera aren't kids, but thanks for the incredibly stupid analogy.

"imma compare something imaginary that I don't like about a video game, to people responsible for the worst crimes against children imaginable."

Yeah, blocking you before I say something that gets me infracted/banned.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-24 at 03:06 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Alliance does have better cities or it's at least easier to get to places in them. Even the horde garrison was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    They share the rig and nothing more. It's not a Goblin sub-race or variant.
    You can say the same thing about Nightborne and Mag'har Orcs. They share nothing with their sub-race except skeleton. They are totally different races with different cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    You can say the same thing about Nightborne and Mag'har Orcs. They share nothing with their sub-race except skeleton. They are totally different races with different cultures.
    Different cultures, sure, but physically they're nearly indentical. Especially Mag'har and Azerothian green orcs.

Different cultures, sure, but physically they're nearly indentical. Especially Mag'har and Azerothian green orcs.
    Oh, we are talking about appearance? Then, yeah. Vulpera are unique in that regard.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Maghar = Orc"
    "Void elf = Blood elf"
    "Vulpera original"

Achkutalllyyyy...
    Vulpera = Goblin. lol.

Vulpera...
    Goblin furries

Better cities?

Hmm, Let us see what the Horde has for now and then what the Alliance has and let's compare.

Horde: Orgrimmar, Thunderbluff, UC (If you use the time Dragon), Echo isles, Silvermoon, Zuldazar.
    Alliance : Stormwind, Exodar, IronForge, Teldrassil (if you use the time dragon) Boralus.

I'd say on Average the Alliance has the best build cities over-all.

Better allied races?
    This is a matter of personal Opinion if we base them on looks.
    While on racial abilities the Horde Mostly wins in pve, while the alliance has often more focused pvp.

Better treatment?
    I'd have to agree here to a degree.
    While the Horde for some reason needs to be the center of attention, it is always as this forced upon Bad guy role.
    the Stories they get often twist turn or even completely ruin their Hero characters or Racial leaders, just look at Garrosh, just look at Sylvanas.
    Just look at Thrall.

Blizzard was certainly better this time to grant the Alliance Story this time, all though just like the Horde Players.
    It is not what they wanted or like.

Kul tirans?
    I mean I would love to have them lovely fat Ogres to be playable maybe some people wanted to play some fat people?
    with Sailor uniforms.

I appreciate your opinions and respect them, but I do disagree a small amount. I have a lot of Max level horde toons and I do have one Alliance toon, and I will say, the people over there are a lot friendlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Horde only players do not know what they are missing out on. Better cities, better allied races, better treatment by Blizzard.

I mean you will feel like a god in Boralus at max level.
    Blizzards true colors and attitude towards horde has never been more apparent than this expansion.
    Trolls are cool but the way Zandalari were thrown together is lazy in contrast to the beautifully designed Kul Tirans built from scratch
    lol this cracks me up if it's meant to be a joke. "Feeling like a god" in Boralus in comparison to the City of Gold, the Pyramid of Atal'Dazar? I feel much more godlike atop my palace bro
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Long live the thiccbois!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    lol this cracks me up if it's meant to be a joke. "Feeling like a god" in Boralus in comparison to the City of Gold, the Pyramid of Atal'Dazar? I feel much more godlike atop my palace bro
    Horde city makes you feel like an artifact because how archaic it is and dinosaurs are everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Mag'har are bad example. They have very similar culture to orcs.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The only allied race contest that the Alliance have yet won fair and square are Dark Iron vs Mag'har. Nightborne are more interesting than void elves, and lightforged draenei are about on par with Highmountain tauren. Kul Tirans, while unique, are very unpopular compared to Zandalari.
    I would disagree on Dark Iron vs Mag'har. I mean, Mag'har Orcs are basically multiple allied races at once, as nearly every single one of their skin tones represents a different clan with a different story and culture.

Horde city makes you feel like an artifact because how archaic it is and dinosaurs are everywhere
    Lol okay I can see that. There is wisdom in ancient ways, however. Don't go disregarding the real life Pyramids and the mysteries there because they're archaic :P
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Horde only players do not know what they are missing out on. Better cities, better allied races, better treatment by Blizzard.

I mean you will feel like a god in Boralus at max level.
    Blizzards true colors and attitude towards horde has never been more apparent than this expansion.
    Trolls are cool but the way Zandalari were thrown together is lazy in contrast to the beautifully designed Kul Tirans built from scratch
    No

/10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    None of those are actual cities, they're not functional. Suramar is literally one tiny fraction of city. Both can be visited by Alliance without hostility from the NPC's.
    In lore they are, ingame you start in some of them as a new race. So they are.

Nobody plays Void Elves yet they're the most popular allied race overall and the fourth most popular race at 120 in the Alliance as a whole. Funny that you're picking solely on Kul Tirans for the racials. People play Horde because Orcs and Trolls sometimes pull an extra 200 or 300 extra DPS with their racial. If you actually took the time to sim you'd find Void Elves are right up there with them in terms of racials.
    Nope 1 racials not that good to pull all the players there. And i linked you the numbers.

Alliance can get both those mounts if they've a Horde alt. Unlike the Horde who can't use the bee when obtained via an Alliance alt.

And even then both Horde mounts are reskins.

Alliance can get a hyena, a bloodswarmer, a pterodax, several direhorns, raptors and all the rest of it.

Can the Horde get a bee or hippo? Can we fuck. As for Wolves, we got a shitton of them back in WoD. Now we've got a shitton of Pterodaxes. You can use horses on just about every alliance race and have it fit with their theme. But only Trolls benefit from all these dumb ass dinosaurs.

As for your complaints about the story, both sides are in the shitter on that front. Alliance have to help Horde, Horde have to help Alliance. Horde lost their identity as a faction and got to be the punching bag again. Alliance had to put up with Jaina's flipflopping menopause and fixing the Horde's issues again because god knows the Horde can't solve it's own problems without Uncle Wrynn lending a hand.
    Yeah , i said the bee is a examption?

As for horses....do you have 45 wolfs??? nope. Do you have way more druid forms? yes...so 1 bee and 1 hippo does not counter that.

As for story....you atleast have some. we are just there to help your story forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'm referring to the story, questing, etc. Not PvP or anything as the OP was really only referring to story/questing.
    I mean, the war campaign is all about attacking the Horde, while the Horde one is more about "ooo, let's try to take this corpse to threaten them, or take this tool to use".

The Battle of Dazar'alor was literally the Alliance directly attacking the Horde. Not sure how that's "carebear" still.