10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    I think thats why it was removed, it played against the hunter class, like I say its shadow/necromancy and hunter is purely about a nature connection.
    I would even go as far as saying imo they probably reworked Surv to be melee in order to introduce another spec in futur expansions that will go the bow with shadow dot playstyle. While redesigning the first melee/range surv spec that was originally in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Because whenever you post about dark rangers being their own class on the official forums, you get outraged Hunters and Tinkers doing everything they can to get the thread locked.
    Honestly, as a hunter, I both want them and really don't want them. I'd love more ranged options that aren't casters, and more mail/bow mogs sounds great. But also, please do not tempt me from my main, the thought of regrinding 100+ reps to exalted makes me sick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    I would even go as far as saying imo they probably reworked Surv to be melee in order to introduce another spec in futur expansions that will go the bow with shadow dot playstyle. While redesigning the first melee/range surv spec that was originally in the game.
    Ugh if the old SV pops up on another class, I am going to be the ultimate sad. I loved MoP SV

Spec 3 > Dark Warden A Tank using Necromancy magic to empower their attacks and strengthen their resolve.
    so... a death knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Huh, I wished I would have thought of it that way. They might've changed survival to make place for Dark Rangers (or to make hunter spec feel more distinct, I dunno.)
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    It couldnt work as a 4th hunter spec for all intense and purposes due to the magic schools, if it came available I wouldnt complain as long as it was done right but it would be seriously lore/class fantasy breaking going from an undead necromancy ranger to a live nature magic hunter and vice versa its f or that reason I believe Black Arrow was removed even if it was an amazing skill it didnt belong.
    Why not? i understand that Hunter use nature magic while Dark Rangers cannot use that and go with darker magic because of that, but why not just have the new spec change your abilities to show this? in the end, they WERE hunters in the past, now they are just something else.

I mean, is like Priests, most priest that use Holy magic will never use Dark magic, or even less, void magic, but we still have the priest class with both those options, because is assumed that those are completely different type of priests, is not like, lorewise, people change their spec in a whim

Note: Again, is not that i care much about the idea of Dark Rangers, but i don't get the idea of "This does not work well for Hunters lorewise", i mean... we also had Dark Rangers as part of the Hunter halls in Legion

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Why not? i understand that Hunter use nature magic while Dark Rangers cannot use that and go with darker magic because of that, but why not just have the new spec change your abilities to show this? in the end, they WERE hunters in the past, now they are just something else.

I mean, is like Priests, most priest that use Holy magic will never use Dark magic, or even less, void magic, but we still have the priest class with both those options, because is assumed that those are completely different type of priests, is not like, lorewise, people change their spec in a whim

Note: Again, is not that i care much about the idea of Dark Rangers, but i don't get the idea of "This does not work well for Hunters lorewise", i mean... we also had Dark Rangers as part of the Hunter halls in Legion
    Already been discussed that they fit in with DKs more thematically and that they were shoved into Hunter Hall "cuz bow lul"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Doesn't matter though, see Death Knights. They were once warriors and paladins. Now they aren't, and are their own class, going against everything they once coveted, much like Dark Rangers.

I suppose you could spin it like Priests, but they at least have a bridge via Discipline. Holy worships the Light, Shadow gives into the Void, and Discipline walks the line between both.

Both can work tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already been discussed that they fit in with DKs more thematically and that they were shoved into Hunter Hall "cuz bow lul"
    I mean... yeah, kinda

But the Dark Ranger archetype did come from Hunters (or Rangers) initially, so i don't find the idea that weird either (also Dark Ranger using plate sounds wrong in many lvls)

Like I said it was an idea i've thrown together I need to look more into warden abilities and such to see where they stand but no it wouldnt play like a death knight obviously.
    every time i see someone say that Necro must be melee or tank i'm thinking, that those people overplayed TESO or diablo 3. Those games don't have DK as class, because in TESO case you can wear heavy armor and pick weapon to be actual deathknight (without class name change), and in diablo... NECROMANCER IN DIABLO IS F**KING DK RIPOFF! He have frost, blood and plague (unholy) abilities! He is DK if you go melee based build and he is caster if you go caster build! It's wow where they separated those 2 cases with DK and necromancer. But Our main DK (Arthas the Lich king) was best necromancer also! Making necromancer tank is like deleting DK class from existance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Doesn't matter though, see Death Knights. They were once warriors and paladins. Now they aren't, and are their own class, going against everything they once coveted, much like Dark Rangers.

I suppose you could spin it like Priests, but they at least have a bridge via Discipline. Holy worships the Light, Shadow gives into the Void, and Discipline walks the line between both.

Both can work tbh.
    I agree both can work, just that i find it weird that some people see the idea of Dark Ranger as a 4th spec for Hunters as "lore breaking"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man I had a dream we got the trademark after all. But the name was something stupid that had nothing to do with dragons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only guess the reason priests are able to do this is because of this verse:

The Light in which many priests bathe is brilliant and effervescent, granting them immense divine power. But the brightest light casts the darkest shadow—and from within this blackness, a rival power dwells.
    There's also the Forsaken religion that seeks for balance between holy and shadow (I hope this become more relevant in the Forsaken society now)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Man I had a dream we got the trademark after all. But the name was something stupid that had nothing to do with dragons.
    Was it...

WRATH OF THE BOLVAR ?!

lets see how many class direction make sense
    dark ranger: = depends on lore direction but void ranger can also solve one of the problems
    tinker: well we have most of the stuff for it so wait and see if it becoms a thing or not
    dragonsworn: not 100% becus i dont kow any dragon lore wise that have all dragons abilitys since all the diffrent dragons are uniqe in a way then i wuld rather push for the bronze dragon with sand magic and time stuff
    necromancer: alot direction it can go now since DK is to much like lich king and warlock is becoming its own class more and more alot death lore that kinda supports it aswell
    if we add in trolls death magic there is alot to gain blood magic can even go as far as healing
    those 4 is probly the classes i wuld guess has most chance for next expansion

ofc blizzard kinda can remove spec and replace it with something new for rouge to create pirat as class probly wont happen but it can work same for survival meele gamestyle can work much better for pirat with the bomb and harpoon thing even if it remove pet etc

class ideas i like but only if they go a direction awey from D&D and FF is Bard but that is becus ranged weapon spec just takes awey from the ranger class
    so it needs to go its own direction so blizzard already got alot rock music stuff for bard so wuld guess it be based around that at the same time guitar strings based attack can be based around pandaria this ofc is me speculating how can work around the world of warcraft as its own identity ofc i think engineering needs to be involved in lore to make the guitar work with attack like having sound wave based attack wich wuld add something new to the game but again speculating
    but the problem is it needs lore supporting it aswell so its a wait and see if blizzard even want to do it =/

warden i wuld say should work as a rouge spec becus i cant see alot spec around it but i dont mind the idea of 1 spec based classes we got 23+ races anyways so more classes the better reason to lvl up new char
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-24 at 04:49 PM.

But a warden is difference from a necromancer I dont know where you get the idea I said that but they are essentially dead and using death magic to replace their lost abilities.
    and where do you get that warden is "necromancer" class and not some elune trick to spawn shades?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    But a dark rangers weapon of choice is the bow they even consider it the ultimate weapon for them.
    Doesn't mean DRs should be shoved into the hunter class hall.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The Bolvar demands your doom immediately, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    every time i see someone say that Necro must be melee or tank i'm thinking, that those people overplayed TESO or diablo 3. Those games don't have DK as class, because in TESO case you can wear heavy armor and pick weapon to be actual deathknight (without class name change), and in diablo... NECROMANCER IN DIABLO IS F**KING DK RIPOFF! He have frost, blood and plague (unholy) abilities! He is DK if you go melee based build and he is caster if you go caster build! It's wow where they separated those 2 cases with DK and necromancer. But Our main DK (Arthas the Lich king) was best necromancer also! Making necromancer tank is like deleting DK class from existance!
    Diablo 2 Necromancer was out before Death Knights were.

Also, Arthas was never a Necromancer. The head honcho Necro is Kel'Thuzad.

But yeah, if I was making a Necromancer, it wouldn't be melee or tank. Triple DPS, or double DPS+healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    But a warden is difference from a necromancer I dont know where you get the idea I said that but they are essentially dead and using death magic to replace their lost abilities.
    To be fair, if Dark Warden would most likely be part of a Dark Ranger class (a combination of both) -mostly based on what happened in this expansion

Like I said I wouldnt mind that at all personally but I can see why Blizz decided against it as a Dark ranger is undead and Hunter is alive.
    Hmmm..... to be fair, it may be possible for Dark Ranger to be non-undeads, now the hard part is having a Dark Ranger who want to teach someone who's alive

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't mean DRs should be shoved into the hunter class hall.
    I agree, even they felt a little weird when you had those people start talking about nature and life while having a Dark Ranger in the corner looking at everyone like "I hate all of you for breathing"

- - - Updated - - -

It is indeed possible but for all intense and purposes Dark rangers are considered as undead at this time I think there was a passage on it let me find it for you.
    Don't need to look for it, i agree that, for the moment, all Dark Rangers in existance are undead... or well... completely dead