Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we're bringing back "normal" gear we need to bring back "normal" stats as well. Stats are BORING now that stuff like hit, dodge, parry, expertise, attack power, spell power, etc are all gone.

At least these new RNG mechanics create gear that has some interesting permutations. If we got rid of that gear would be boiled down to just "this one piece is your absolute BIS because it has one more strength than this other piece."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    That also is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If we're bringing back "normal" gear we need to bring back "normal" stats as well. Stats are BORING now that stuff like hit, dodge, parry, expertise, attack power, spell power, etc are all gone.

At least these new RNG mechanics create gear that has some interesting permutations. If we got rid of that gear would be boiled down to just "this one piece is your absolute BIS because it has one more strength than this other piece."
    Noe of those tats were fun. Having to cap certain stats was never fun, especially hit and expertise. I am beyond glad that those are gone.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That also is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Noe of those tats were fun. Having to cap certain stats was never fun, especially hit and expertise. I am beyond glad that those are gone.
    But at least they were something beyond just "your attack gain stat is the only stat that matters."

Which is what we have right now besides the RNG elements.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I want the removal or some hard limitations to Titanforging
    I want more stat types back; Multistrike for example
    I want Reforging back so I can convert stats I don't like into Multistrike
    I want sockets to be static again instead of random
    I want a way to choose and attach speed / leech to gear. Make a cap and allow me to put as much leech, speed or both on whatever pieces I want, up to that cap.
    This /10 chars

I never had a particular problem with titanforging but azerite gear and corrupted gear both seem awful. I don't want gear that I have to whip out a sim program just to figure out if it's good or not, or that the detriments stuck to it actually weaken more than benefit me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Personally I think the best gear should only be obtainable by the hardest content. But that's just me.
    Well, it looks to be pretty much that way again.

475 gear will only come from the mythic raid except for azerite from the residium vendor.

Weapons cannot corrupt, so a 475 wep will be unequivocally BiS from the raid.

You'll only be able to wear 2-3 corrupted items, so the other 12-13 slots will be static unchanging flat 475 mythic raid gear.

Mythic+ looks like it'll cap at 460 from end of dungeon and 470 from weekly chest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Current system is worse than garbage
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Beats the Azerite grinding system and the new RNG corruption.

Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.

Give me old gear, tier sets, other set bonuses and masterlooting.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    No, thanks. If you want a boring, outdated game, classic is there for you.
    You can only use "gO pLay ClAsSiC" if the person is talking about vanilla. The normal gear system has existed in nearly every expansion.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    Translation: I want it create an echo chamber for my own thoughts on a topic that already has multiple threads where 90% of the comments want what I want.

P.S. if you disagree I am going to be irrationally hostile.

OT.
    I am more concerned with the availability of gear outside raids. Original system, upgrading loot, TF and corrupted all have their plus and minuses but the gearing system should encourage people to do end content. WQ and world content is not end game. They should reward gear that allows you to enter the current raid\m+ season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You can only use "gO pLay ClAsSiC" if the person is talking about vanilla. The normal gear system has existed in nearly every expansion.
    Yeah but it's also how gear is in vanilla and you can just go and play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Exactly, they keep taking decent systems like mops forging, legions artifacts, and just making them worse.

Legion artifacts were horrific. People liked them just because they could wield Legendary Ashbringer and Doomhamer.

IMO, players should NEVER EVER be able to get their hands on such Legendary weapons.

Also... I agree with 95% player base- just give us back game-design where we could make our "bis list" and work hard towards our goals and gear. Where, acquiring 1 item would actually show DIFFERENCE in your dps/hps/tps.... w/e you're doing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes please. Can't stand all the extra they're always trying to add to gear.

What makes retail fun for me are the mythic raids and high m+ keys.... not the gear. So Classic is not an alternative in relation to that content.
    And for others it's actually the gear. But at least for me more like the gear we had back in WotLK with sockets, enchants and so on.

Still: Titanforging was crap, corrupted gear isn't. And ironically: you can have absolutely your gearing this time, JUST CLEAN THE FRICKING CORRUPTION!

If you don't want the bonuses, remove them. They are not as strong as having simply higher ilvl-gear from a lucky roll of titanforging.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-10-24 at 09:18 PM.

When you post a pot shot at Blizz saying "They haven't learned 'If isn't isn't broke, don't fix it", you are claiming your opinion as fact. You are basically making a declarative statement that things wren't broke. Well, Blizzard thinks it was broke, or they never would have touched it.
    Ok. So I'm not allowed to state my opinion as a fact. But what about when you say:

Noe of those tats were fun. Having to cap certain stats was never fun, especially hit and expertise.
    That sounds like an opinion as the definition "fun" can never be a fact. But wait a minute... you state it as a fact... how can that be when it's strictly forbidden for me to do that?
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-24 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    No way.

Tier sets means you have to do Mythic raid for that stupid set in highest quality.

Nobody liked that because it was not obtainable for most people.

Whatever you all want: tier sets are most likely not going to come back
    It's the same now, and thanks to blizz removing titanforge, now with corruption people actually need to do the hardest content for the best gear again, the way it was always meant to work, titanforge/wf gone, good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people just want to go into a raid or dungeon knowing exactly what items can drop and which ones they want the most. Having all the extra procs and random boost effects on every piece just turns every drop into a lootbox type deal where 90% of the time you're unhappy with what you pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Well, it looks to be pretty much that way again.

475 gear will only come from the mythic raid except for azerite from the residium vendor.

Weapons cannot corrupt, so a 475 wep will be unequivocally BiS from the raid.

You'll only be able to wear 2-3 corrupted items, so the other 12-13 slots will be static unchanging flat 475 mythic raid gear.

Mythic+ looks like it'll cap at 460 from end of dungeon and 470 from weekly chest.
    Which is great, this shows that blizz indeed listened, but they didnt listen to the "reduce the RNG" part, at least the best gear will come from the hardest content, while still keeping the difficulty below relevant, aka while doing mythic you can still make use of heroic pieces with good corrupted rng, but no more "false" ilvl due to lucky procs as in LFR hero rocking heroic (or even mythic) comparable ilvl.