Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I have several thousands cartel coins that have built up over the last few years, so I went and started a new character and bought the masters datacron. I hit 72 on the capital planet and already getting 258-260+ stuff from doing the first story flashpoint. I imagine ill hit cap and start farming renown before the end of the first chapter, kind of curious how geared ill be just by playing catchup with the story.
    Oh, you'll be completely caught up since the new Renown system will give you level appropriate gear. Even as it is, you won't have anything to worry about difficulty wise ever if you set your companion to healing mode. The higher tiers of gear are only really necessary if you do end game content, and even then it just makes things faster as they're completely doable with the basic gear. Except for the harder tuned stuff obviously, but everything else is easily doable with just basic stuff.....

That said, that's how it was before, I have absolutely no idea how the new stuff is tuned with the new gear set bonuses and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't skip or spacebar anything. Not sure what to say on your end either, I can't imagine spending 3 hours on the first planet. I didn't go out of my way for a few of the side quests, thats true, but those are generally pretty vapid anyhow so they are rarely worth the time.
    Maybe I'm overblowing how much time I actually spent playing, because thinking back on it there really wasn't that much to do and I wasn't dedicated to playing as it was that dinner time/ get ready for the next day/ kids homework time of the day.

Regardless, I enjoyed what I played. Looking forward to my next character play through to see the other side of things.

Didn't skip or spacebar anything. Not sure what to say on your end either, I can't imagine spending 3 hours on the first planet. I didn't go out of my way for a few of the side quests, thats true, but those are generally pretty vapid anyhow so they are rarely worth the time.
    I think I only came across 2 side quests on Onderon: Onderon Collector, and the one that started in the Ancient Sith Crypt. Were there more?

It took about 5 hours for me to get through everything.

Quick question: Does the story gate off party members like KOTET/KOFET (IE: Most of what you do is solo instance, and party members never show up together in story scenes), or is it like the earlier expacs/vanilla (Where everything is open world so you cna quest together, and you show up together in cutscenes and roll for which character talks)?

I've a feeling it's the lazy gated off type(Especially as its meant to take like 3 hours), but I really hope it isn't (The earlier xpacs were much more fun, seeing me and my sisters toons together in cutscenes and the like)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Seems the expansion is "small", but pretty good. I'm happy with this.

Will be subbing back up later this month when I have some vacation time to finish up KotFE and catch up with everything else. Now to hope I remember how to play my sage/sniper so I can see how things shake out for both factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As long as you have a character of the rig hlevel, you don't have to finish the previous story arcs
    I know you can, but I don't want to. I'm one of the crazy people that actually enjoyed the Knights of XX plot stuff.

Also, I'm mostly playing this game to kill time, until FFVIIR, which isn't coming out until March. So I'm in no rush!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Ok, so the conquest as i expected is not a big problem at all. I already capped my weekly one just doing the story and half the Onderon dailies.

Hmm I was expecting a little more story for an expansion, but since its practically a free update ( I just used a referal link to get a weeks worth of gametime ) and if judging by how knights of the fallen empire and eternal throne did things, the story will probably be rolled out episodically. What story content there is, is fairly good I especially love all the little things you can do here and there as a double agent to subtly sabotage, in my case the empires, war efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I know you can, but I don't want to. I'm one of the crazy people that actually enjoyed the Knights of XX plot stuff.

Also, I'm mostly playing this game to kill time, until FFVIIR, which isn't coming out until March. So I'm in no rush!
    Fair enough, I'm the same way. Just wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't a requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Hmm I was expecting a little more story for an expansion, but since its practically a free update ( I just used a referal link to get a weeks worth of gametime ) and if judging by how knights of the fallen empire and eternal throne did things, the story will probably be rolled out episodically. What story content there is, is fairly good I especially love all the little things you can do here and there as a double agent to subtly sabotage, in my case the empires, war efforts.
    I'm playing as an Empire loyalist and even I'm "sabotaging" them, to reduce casualties and not play into the Empire's old blindly evil and masochistic ways. It's been entertaining for sure.

holy mother of... have any of you tried crafting yet? because world of caution, if you absolutely must see this for yourself, do NOT upgrade more then one character for a starter. its half a mill per profession just to unlock 700 and gathering might.. MIGHT be sorta kinda worth it, except the crafting itself is so prohibitive (you need master flashpoints or ops mats, plural just to craft basic greens... yes, you read that right) people may not even be buying gathering mats anyway.

Ouch...glad all my characters only have gathering professions for the most part. Gimme them slicing lockboxes all day.

I don't know where they're going with crafting this time around. I need stabilizers from flashpoints and slicing mats just to make a green level 274 hilt? Then I need 4 times that amount of stabilizers and 4 weeks worth of Conquest crafting mats to make the rare version? That just doesn't make sense.

People said on the PTS crafting was too hard and the devs said that want some live data before making changes. So, it is likely they will make adjustments in the future.

I honestly haven't done anything besides leveling the crew skills. The 500k price is likely to stay now that people payed them though.
    The xpac has lots of gold sinks and it is on purpose. They have failed to fix a bug in the past that screwed the economy. I imagine the team was beeing re-organised at that point cause they didn't fix it for a very long time.
    Anyways, long story short is that gold sinks are everywhere. The more toons, the worse it is. But, ultimately it should be for the best.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-24 at 09:17 PM.

I don't M+ in wow when there is loot to be had, I don't flashpoint when there is only a bit XP for galactic chest and now renown chest, I won't do them for craft component for useless green stuff that's given to you just doing the story.....
    they are killing crafting dead, leaving looooong xp bar for renown chest that give even less loot than galactic command, sometimes not even modable.
    what's left for someone who doesn't raid/dungeon? daily/weekly? the new ones are even less interesting than ossus
    if my time hadn't stopped the day before the patch but a couple day from now, I would have stopped it >_<

I understand the need for gold sinks, but these crafting costs are not going to hit the whales. they are hitting players like me who have less then 20 mill across ALL my characters. I currently don't have enough credits to unlock rishi stronghold and they want me to pay 1.5 mill just to unlock crafting professions and that is NOT counting the cost of basic recipes? and the vendor costs are no better, its just... they had the right idea with that achievement on Dantooine where you had to pay 150 mil to get a special fluff item. it was not necessary to do the daily, it just allowed people to spend their gold on something optional yet fun. housing is also a decent enough way to add gold sinks.

blocking actual gameplay elements including gearing behind these kinds of costs is just... i'm sorry, but its NOT a good game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    holy mother of... have any of you tried crafting yet?
    I've been leveling my crafting to 600... Frankly it's such a ballache and hearing that 600+ is even worse. Not sure I'll bother.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    I don't M+ in wow when there is loot to be had, I don't flashpoint when there is only a bit XP for galactic chest and now renown chest, I won't do them for craft component for useless green stuff that's given to you just doing the story.....
    they are killing crafting dead, leaving looooong xp bar for renown chest that give even less loot than galactic command, sometimes not even modable.
    what's left for someone who doesn't raid/dungeon? daily/weekly? the new ones are even less interesting than ossus
    if my time hadn't stopped the day before the patch but a couple day from now, I would have stopped it >_<
    It stands to reason that if you only do one type of content you are gimping yourself. So, if you do that, your gear progression will be slower.
    Have you tried solo mode FP's? They might drop something.

But honestly, veteran FP's are piss easy. I have no sympathy for someone who cannot be bothered to do the easiest of content cause it involves others. MMO is not the genre for you.

I mean, how did you even gear up on Ossus? Just gambled away the weekly box quest and handed in components? You were getting an average of 1.5 pieces of gear a week. Command boxes were completely useless. Everything was disassembled. Renown boxes give me actual gear upgrades now.
    I really, i can't understand you. If anything you should be happy cause you don't need the FP or raid to gear up. It only affects the speed of aquisition.
    Honestly, do you even know you can take your tech components and get unidentified gear in the vendor on the fleet? They usually give you an upgrade (not garanteed so only gamble on your lower level slots).
    Another hint are the heroic 2's in mek-sha. Mobs there can drop gear pieces. That stuff is easily soloable.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-26 at 02:10 AM.

because even solo FP are too damn long for what you get. and teams on MM FP are either "rush rush russsssh" mental attitude similar from wow MM+, or you get people who still don't know with side of the gun/lightsaber they need to point toward the ennemy ^^

and did you seriously not see what they did to crafting ? green trash stuff need last FP boss component or rated pvp/operation drop, blue stuff need 3 green to craft + mode FP/raid/pvp component + conquest component
    and they have only 5% chance to get you the purple schematic, if you don't get the schematic, you get close to nothing from trying to learn it
    someone on the swtor forum counted 351 mats, with lost of instance/pvp + conquest stuff, just for a BLUE basic crit augment...
    even new armor coloring, a cosmetic item, need those instance and conquest drops ^^

they said this expac would be "play like you want" but they done fucked up as far as crafting is concerned (not even counting the 500k credits for every trade skill to up them to 700, that's 3 tradeskill per char)
    I understand that crafting was "too easy" before but they went from piss easy to harder than mythic raid lol

add that the "story" they added was even shorter than any other expansion before

I really think I'm done with this game, I don't even want to level new chars to see differents ending for each class story depending on light/dark decisions (and I had like 3 on the works atm)

Yes, crafting needs tuning.

But people have the wrong idea about this game. It isn't an mmo like WoW or FFXIV. It's trying to be a quick jump in jump out and have a bit of fun game, much like looter shooters.
    The game never had the resources to release content the size of what those games do and it is clearly not possible. If you noticed the credits, the dev team must be shy of 50 people compared to WoW 200/300 people team. Also, you payed a one month sub for this expansion. I think you got your money's worth. You didn't pay 50 dollars/euros +sub for it. People seem to forget that.

Don't get me wrong. I wish they did do that kind of expansion, but you need to look at things objectively.

For me the question is: Am i having fun? Did i enjoy the content that was offered? I did. I love playing the game and the new gear system gave me things to do. The new skill and utility point, tactical and set bonuses give birth to fresh new metas. The way my guardian plays changed with the new ability i got. So, i'm happy with what i got. It refreshed the game.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-26 at 03:12 PM.

i've been watching story videos on youtube so far, thinking about subbing today to see it all for myself. seems good so far.

kinda funny how you're so strong you just instagib a dark council member and fling him off your seat, as inquisitor. it's good to have the seat back, but i wonder if there's a way to NOT kill him for it? my inquisitor is imperius, she wouldn't do something to damage the empire, but she damn sure wants her seat back.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, also, anyone else notice how much that new padawon looks like cade skywalker? thought it was kinda cool.

cade's one of the coolest characters to come out of the expanded universe, would be cool if he was made in homage him.

Welp, catching up on KotET right now. Man some of these animations are janky as all hell and it's delightful.

Either my gear is garbage, I don't know how to play or both...probably both, but the "veteran" mode for story content actually freakin hurts. Had to drop it down to "story" mode, and I'm also realizing I'm not a big fan of how my sage plays and I kinda wish I had a more melee focused force user caught up to this point.

Oh well, being a dick for no apparent reason leads to amusing dialogue options. I'll do my "nice" run on my sniper after I get through everything on my sage.