Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah but it's also how gear is in vanilla and you can just go and play that.
    Yes, let's ignore that Classic's gameplay is trash even compared to BfA.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah but it's also how gear is in vanilla and you can just go and play that.
    So you're telling me, they should give up everything that retail offers for vanillas gear system?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    IMO, players should NEVER EVER be able to get their hands on such Legendary weapons.
    Ah ah ah ah

Back to the lore subsection
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    Overwhelming yes.

Honestly, titanforging and the Diablo style random stats just ruined the entire game's asthetic of "earning" progress.

MoP was the last expansion to make a compramise I was happy with, with the idea you could upgrade your items levels to be on par with warforged/titanforged gear over time.

But when they removed it, the game just suffered over all and still does to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, let's ignore that Classic's gameplay is trash even compared to BfA.
    People keep saying go play classic to shit that was around in MoP, can we go back to MoP please.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Yes but that won’t happen, people left on retail probably like those systems so they’re gonna stick to it.
    the number one factor that let me to stop from playing retail was azerite system...

the second was no pvp gear vendor based on rating but that was bearable.

I mean it is ok UP TO AN EXTENT to come up with new stuff but jesus crust azerite system is soo horrible, feels like the ugly sister or Artifact power. AP was tolerable and everyone had this cool weapon with visual upgrades. plus we had an extra ability which was neat.

with Azerite you have to had different pieces with differnet azerite traits for "every occasion" seating in your bags besides pvp/pve/ilvl.
    maybe it is not the case anymore because i left before ROA patch. i wasn't going to waste my time just to keep up.

Also is it me or Artifact power was waaay easier to obtain?
    Last edited by Alexplode; 2019-10-24 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    computer says ....no

because gotta boost those MAUs to satisfy shareholders.

Could just try making an addictivlely fun game again instead of all this rng timegating bs

I’d like it if they removed the random elements while also adding back guaranteed sockets and some of the secondary stats that they got rid of (or if they introduce new ones). IE: Multistrike, Armor Pen, maybe even Hit Rating/Defense?

yes and no. I atleast want oldschool legendaries back, Like vanilla,tbc,wotlk, Were they actually are legendary. And the choosen few have them....not literally everyone like today. And instead of all this titanforge and warforge, bring back rare epics, For example BWL, Nefarian had standard loot table. but could also drop those rare weps like Ashkandi/Lok'amir il Romathis, was like 4-7% drop chance, or like Kalimdor's Revenge in AQ, You get my point. Sure that was also RNG to get those rare drops..But i rather take that than TF/WF.

It gave the game some flavor to have those rare items. Was also cool to see some people whith that rare stuff, I see that bis Trinket maximum Titanforge today and "meh"

But mah slot machiiiiine!

RNG is fine when it things like a % chance to drop the item you want.

Now it's a % chance to drop the item you want, with a socket, and a high titanforge

Soon it will be a % chance to drop, plus a low corruption roll, plus a high stats roll, plus must be the right affix you actually want.

That is not fun, or compelling

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Could just try making an addictivlely fun game again instead of all this rng timegating bs
    A time before random loot and raid knockouts?

No, thanks. If you want a boring, outdated game, classic is there for you.
    loot in classic is great. class design was not. i'm not gonna go play a game where i know my fav class will be shit forever.

Yes but that won’t happen, people left on retail probably like those systems so they’re gonna stick to it.
    A lot of people still dont like TF. I raid in mythic with 3 guilds, maybe 2 people like TF

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see a system that works a bit differently.

Wf and tf both can serve some purpose i believe if done correctly.

Let gear cap out on WF / TF relative to the other gear:
    5 ilvls or something above the next starting point sounds fair to me.

And it should be removed from LFR all together, the aim from LFR is (according to blizzard) a way to experience raiding / raid content. It shouldnt be a way to gear up to HCish ilvls without even seeing HC raids or any M+ (i am not against lfr raiders at all, it serves a great purpose and i use it for my own alts aswell)

Before we get a lot of people yelling the chances are too small it happens: the effort needed for said gear especially if it WF or TF is simply really low.

415 is normal
    430 is heroic

Normal item can TF up to 435, to compensate gearing in HC before guilds can actually progress.

It keeps difficulties basically relevant and needed for progression (although just slightly)

Corruption is hopefully a one time gig for Nzoth and is done and over with in 9.0 (one can dream)

The problem with that, as someone who played classic from retail, is in classic once i farm my pre bis, i just log into raid and have no incentive to play outside raid hoping for raid bis drops because ive capped out by just farming normal dungeons.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wondering how the basics of RPGs could be outdated ? Boring I get it, but outdated ?
    One of the basics of an MMORPG was currency having weight, is that not outdated? Imagine being afraid to loot a raid boss because your afraid of being encumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    The problem with that, as someone who played classic from retail, is in classic once i farm my pre bis, i just log into raid and have no incentive to play outside raid hoping for raid bis drops because ive capped out by just farming normal dungeons.
    Yeah, so you have the raid on farm(because Classic requires 0 progress time in 2019, unlike actual new raids) and don't need to log on outside of farm raids. What's the problem exactly? On Retail you'd also have a bunch of non-power related things left to do if you choose to. Transmogs, pets, toys, mounts, other parts of the game.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    9.0 gear:

- tier sets return
    - tier sets can either be warforged or titanforged
    - set bonuses might or might not be present (think Corruption but worse)
    - indestructible becomes destroyed. Your gear dropped but has been beaten up so bad by said boss or time has destroyed it. Not even the best blacksmiths or tailors or leatherworkers can restore it.
    - crafted gear like Onyxia's scale cloak return. Craft only 2 cloaks a week even tho you need 25.
    - upgrading crafted gear requires the new expulsom and ofc a raidwise currency that only drops if you can kill the boss when it is out and about farming said materials in the outside world.

No, thanks. If you want a boring, outdated game, classic is there for you.
    Well, would you look at that? You're in the 20%... 80% of the players think you and your opinions are dumb. I genuinely wonder if when Blizzard reverts this, will you continue to worship their decisions? Do you have any thoughts of your own?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Utopia

/10
    well it looks like you are in the Minority lol

I'm down for normal gear