Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, let's ignore that Classic's gameplay is trash even compared to BfA.
    Let's ignore that Classic's numbers outweigh BfA's and continue to bury our heads in the sand.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Let's ignore that Classic's numbers outweigh BfA's and continue to bury our heads in the sand.
    Source?

And a lot of people i know, who came back for classic get back to retail aswell and getting ready for either 9.0 or just again inspired to play due to classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Imagine getting your enjoyment from RNG procs instead of actual gameplay.
    frostbolt/shadowbolt spam=top deeps=much gameplay! such wow!

I agree. There is nothing exciting about the current system. Just frustration and relief.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    And yet... more people play Classic than BfA... it's almost like they all know something you don't.

RNG has never bothered me. In vanilla, being the last one to get gear never bothered me.

Having a group of people that kill bosses or pvp or whatever is what I enjoy. Getting some gear; regular, heroic, mythic, warforged, titanorged, whatever was, is, and always will be 100% irrelevant.

People make the game enjoyable (or not sometimes). Gear is icing on the cake.

And yet... more people play Classic than BfA... it's almost like they all know something you don't.
    citation needed,also even if its true,it is completly irelevant,casual games like classic will usualy be more popular

Just disenchant uncorrupted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    That's a bit of a strawman.

While I get that you are referencing RNG procs impacting rotations, that does directly impact gameplay. Whereas the RNG gear doesn't impact how you play the game, only how you are rewarded for playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    That's a bit of a strawman.

While I get that you are referencing RNG procs impacting rotations, that does directly impact gameplay. Whereas the RNG gear doesn't impact how you play the game, only how you are rewarded for playing the game.
    his reply to me was a strawman,also in the case of this new corrupted system,you can bet your ars it will have major gameplay implications

No, because it will lead to people nonstop complaining about another non-problem and take away something that is healthy for the game. Stop blaming the game for your inability to control yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    No, thanks. If you want a boring, outdated game, classic is there for you.
    So updated fun modern gaming is relying on rng to tell you if your item is meh or bis till next tier?

The skill and time you put in is 100% equal to another player that just got a tf bis but you got base ilv? Cause the system deemed that so?

You sheeple amuse me.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Would be great, but unfortunately people will just point you towards Classic as if that's a solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad the actual gameplay has suffered massively over the past few expansions, coincidentally the same expansions where gearing has become more and more RNG.
    Sure, but that wasn't the original point. I do agree that gameplay has absolutely suffered and gone downhill since MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    No.

I'd much prefer to have current titanforging as it still gives you a reason to run the content (you don't have to, but at least when you do you have a chance for upgrades).

Not every single piece of high ilvl gear should be locked behind raids either. The list can go on and on for multiple reasons.

More people play candy crush than both combined by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Nothing wrong with the current system, I think it's a nice surprise when you get some randomly better gear and it gives players a reason to keep grinding if they enjoy the content.
    Just had a similar discussion in guild chat less than an hour ago about this. In my guild at least the majority opinion is they hate titanforging because you shouldn't be able to get gear that is better than the content you're doing. If you're only a world quester/LFR raider you didn't "earn" that piece of titanforged gear and it's an insult to people who do that level of content that you got it "handed to you." Even got told "I believe in a world where you earn what you get, sorry you don't."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    I dont get this argument, granted i havent asked everyone, but im still yet to see a mythic raider (that completes tiers, not the 3/8M heroes) that consistently farms to have full titanforge, no one does this, you either lie about doing the top content, or you just do normal/heroic and expect your gear to titanforge to 455, which would explain the 20 levels you mentioned.
    How about you don't jump to conclusions about people? Did I say I was full clearing mythic? Does it matter in any way in for what I said? I was a mythic raider doing what my team could get done in every raid tier. I played for 12 years. The level of RNG finally reached too much for me and I was done. Part of the fun for me was going after my BiS pieces. It felt good to get the drop I was going after on a night. Instead that system was replaced by the titanforging system. I said 20+ because in Legion, I was constantly going back to previous tiers trying to get ridiculous procs on trinkets because the ones from a previous tier with a high enough titanforge were better than current tier. That's just bad design. I shouldn't be doing that to optimize my toon. I preferred having the gear just be the gear and not a randomized version of the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistahyde View Post
    well it looks like you are in the Minority lol

I'm down for normal gear
    Ehm... Do you even know what Utopia is?

According to poll, I'm in the vast 81,44% majority.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

50 Diablo players lost in the wrong game say NOOOOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    You're gambling with your time.

Did you get a new item through the raid? Yep! Did it WF/TF/Roll Tertiary stats? No.. Go again until them slots line up!

Sounds like gambling to me.
    Well if you put it that way, raiding is completly gambling like i said. :/

I don't say i am thrilled about corruption.