Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Yep tbc fucked up warcraft. Now we have a guy with an axe against a spaceship with light beam canon. War3 had a nice level of technology where it was still raccord with the rest. Tbc fucked that up with a lot of other things.
    The tech level in WC3 already completely invalidated swords and armor. There were helicopters and siege tanks ffs.

Those "edgy" classes are all in line with the lore, unlike your childish crap. If you've played WC3 and come in WoW to complain about edginess, you're just enforcing your preferences.

Just play a Druid or Monk or whatever hippie class you want and stop sabotaging everyone's ideas all the time. Especially Tinker fans cause that's where this usually starts from.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Seriously the "no scifi" ship sailed more than a decade ago. WoW is very much fantasy AND scifi.
    and every expansion showing more of the scifantasy side of wow has been better than every expansion without it(except wotlk, none can top wotlk).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Please no tinkers. I don't want my fantasy ruined by seeing a giant mech fight dragons.
    But it's okay aslong as the giant mechs and spaceships fights demons... Or?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yep tbc fucked up warcraft. Now we have a guy with an axe against a spaceship with light beam canon. War3 had a nice level of technology where it was still raccord with the rest. Tbc fucked that up with a lot of other things.
    the warcraft rts had guns.

the moment they showed guns, they invalidated the guy with the axe.

legion, draenei, and naaru tech didn't change anything that dwarves and gnomes didn't.

I agree. Brooding is only cool until a certain point. I really hope Tinkers come. I would 100% main a tinker. Especially if they can tank/ heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The game has had steampunk elements since forever. The idea that a tinker would ruin the game for you in a world with ecodomes and spacefaring demon invaders is ludicrous.
    Yes, however should you wish to be a tinker you can grind the engineering proffession. Which fulfills the fantasy much better than a class ever could. Since the whole thing behind tinkers/artificers is that you make weapons and tech. And the mech would very likely not work because it would already intrude into the gameplay nishe of druid's shapechanging and DH's metamorphosis.

Any class that gives new gameplay variety in new or existing combat techniques are welcomed. If it only means edgy classes, bring it. It it means no more edgy classes, bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, howabout you unfilter everything and just base it off of total players? Which is the lowest played class at that point?

Thought so.
    but then you have like people's bank alts, characters they kinda do fuck all with, etc...I mean I have 3 rogues and a hunter at 105 that I think I've played like...barely at all
    also you gotta realize DHs have restrictions that other classes don't..

like 1 DH per server, have to have a level 70 ON said server to make a DH, is still a fairly recent class, locked to 2 classes, etc etc etc....hell for a new player buying BFA they have to make a character, BOOST IT, THEN they can make a DH so that screws the number even further

The total number of Monk and DH players.
    I’m on your side in the “next class” debate and I want tinkers.

However, to evaluate the current popularity of the classes you should really look at the number of level 120 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Using what metric?

Because according to the number of 120's, Demon Hunter is more popular.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/classes
    Let's try a different angle: how many characters of each class picked up more than 22 levels since rolling them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Level 37.

That's the level that DHs overtake monks. You want people to count all those low level trash alts no one actually plays as "monks being played" and that's just stupid.
    People playing at level 37 are paying for the game, and they're playing as Monks. Why would you discount them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I’m on your side in the “next class” debate and I want tinkers.

However, to evaluate the current popularity of the classes you should really look at the number of level 120 characters.
    If the argument is "which class has the most players" why would you not count every person playing as those classes? That's like arguing which NFL team has won more super bowls and not counting any super bowls before 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the warcraft rts had guns.

the moment they showed guns, they invalidated the guy with the axe.

legion, draenei, and naaru tech didn't change anything that dwarves and gnomes didn't.
    Do you mean that the powder canon units in aoe2 invalidated the rest?
    We go from a not really effiscient / spread and reliable weapon to a multidimensionnal spaceship that can melt buildings. And it's normal?
    Arc and arrows vs rifle vs fireball was still in the same range of power. A multi dimensional spaceship is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    but then you have like people's bank alts, characters they kinda do fuck all with, etc...I mean I have 3 rogues and a hunter at 105 that I think I've played like...barely at all
    also you gotta realize DHs have restrictions that other classes don't..

like 1 DH per server, have to have a level 70 ON said server to make a DH, is still a fairly recent class, locked to 2 classes, etc etc etc....hell for a new player buying BFA they have to make a character, BOOST IT, THEN they can make a DH so that screws the number even further
    Something that should be taken into account when you try to argue that Monks are the least played class.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    We go from a not really effiscient / spread and reliable weapon to a multidimensionnal spaceship that can melt buildings. And it's normal?
    Arc and arrows vs rifle vs fireball was still in the same range of power. A multi dimensional spaceship is not.
    Warcraft 2 added litteral submarines and dreadnaught class warships - along with swords and axes. Sod of with that "muh realism" in terms of weaponry - Warcraft has been silly in terms of weaponry for over 20 years.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    The RTS had the Tinker class as well, which could create minaturized factories that could pump out little robots, and had a backpack that could transform into a mech.

People playing at level 37 are paying for the game, and they're playing as Monks. Why would you discount them?

- - - Updated - - -

If the argument is "which class has the most players" why would you not count every person playing as those classes? That's like arguing which NFL team has won more super bowls and not counting any super bowls before 2000.
    Wasn’t the argument which class is more popular?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Wasn’t the argument which class is more popular?
    Yes, and the more popular class is the class with the most players playing that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The tech level in WC3 already completely invalidated swords and armor. There were helicopters and siege tanks ffs.
    And all those weapons were completely limited. Those were not modern tanks. They were battling rams with a coughing motor without range weapon and an hélicoptère who was looking like it could fall in pieces anytime.

You are all basically saying "we just had invented powder we should get an interdimensional spaceship".
    Last edited by Tarba; 2019-10-25 at 11:35 AM.

The census doesn't count active players. It counts every character it can find, regardless of if it's active or not. 120 is the closest it gets to active characters.

And all those weapons were completely limited. Those were not modern tanks. They were battling rams with a coughing motor without range weapon and an hélicoptère who was looking like it could fall in pieces anytime.

You are all basically saying "we just had invented powder we should get an interdimensional spaceship".
    Even the guns alone completely invalidate swords and armor.