Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, and the more popular class is the class with the most players playing that class.
    But I would say that the 120 statistic is more valid for how many players actually play the class.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I really hope they chill with the edgy classes. 2/3 they added have been like that. We’re due for a non edge class like bards or even tinkers.
    While we are at it let's revert Subtlety Rogue to how it was for so many years before Legion when they redesigned it with shadow and void magic to appeal to edgelords. Worst. SpecFantasy. Ever.

I want my damn spec back.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

next class will be necromancer and then amazon

I really hope they chill with the edgy classes. 2/3 they added have been like that. We’re due for a non edge class like bards or even tinkers.
    What are these 3 edgy classes they added to the game?
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

I suppose having anything to do with Demons or Death (in a game that largely revolves around dealing with a constant demon threat from space and a constant undead threat from the north pole) can indeed be considered 'edgy'. In that vein you might as well call anything with fire edgy... or frost... or shadows... or basically anything with elves... or anything that is not physical... Because, clearly, only edgy teens are into magic... fucking weebs... ruining my fantasy rpgs with their stupid magic n shit... next thing you know they'll add a fucking race with fur to appease the furries...

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    I suppose having anything to do with Demons or Death (in a game that largely revolves around dealing with a constant demon threat from space and a constant undead threat from the north pole) can indeed be considered 'edgy'. In that vein you might as well call anything with fire edgy... or frost... or shadows... or basically anything with elves... or anything that is not physical... Because, clearly, only edgy teens are into magic... fucking weebs... ruining my fantasy rpgs with their stupid magic n shit... next thing you know they'll add a fucking race with fur to appease the furries...
    Ad absurdium.

Demons are dealt with as of Legion. Lich King was already dealt with, The Bolvar is no threat to us.

More popular than Demon Hunters....
    Ha. That's a lie. AND they are 2/3 a complete class compared to monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But I would say that the 120 statistic is more valid for how many players actually play the class.
    You would say that, but that doesn't make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Do you mean that the powder canon units in aoe2 invalidated the rest?
    We go from a not really effiscient / spread and reliable weapon to a multidimensionnal spaceship that can melt buildings. And it's normal?
    Arc and arrows vs rifle vs fireball was still in the same range of power. A multi dimensional spaceship is not.
    along with what others have said, there have been automatic turrets and rifles(and jet engines) in wow since vanilla.

the technology is all over the place. the universe of wow is vast, it'd be less realistic if there weren't advanced civilizations throughout it.

I would think that, going for the most popular spec, Havoc Demon Hunter will be even further up there as most popular class/spec. Vengeance is bringing it down! DH is extremely popular, or well, Havoc that is. You can check warcraftlogs for example, no spec is close to Havoc. Even with all hunter specs, they are below DH, even with both druid dps specs, they are below Havoc, and just to make a shorter post, ALL dps-specs (except mage which is around the same as Havoc) within a class is lower represented than Havoc.

Safe to say, DH is very, very popular. Think if they had a 3rd spec with a bit different playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Imagine defending DH's and calling any other class easy mode lmfao
    It's easy to play indeed, but 90% of the other specs are just as easy.

We probably are not getting another class, far more likely a talent revamp that adds more non spec specific options.

DK = Edgy
    Monk = Not Edgy
    DH = Edgy
    Tinker (BARF) = Edgy
    Bard = Not Edgy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The majority of people base class popularity off current active playerbase. People who leveled a monk to 18 and then quit because they didn't like it don't count.

You wouldn't include dead people when counting the population of a country so why would you include abandoned alts?
    Do you have a source for that accusation, or are you only assuming that people are doing that within the Monk class?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    DK = Edgy
    Monk = Not Edgy
    DH = Edgy
    Tinker (BARF) = Edgy
    Bard = Not Edgy
    There's a difference between the Bard and every other class you listed.

Mainly that the Bard was never a WC hero.

Okay, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yeah the edgy elves and their edgy classes really get on my nerves.
    Yet they were far more popular than monks. Besides @Zylgork , only one of the classes favoured elves. Dks were an orc/human thing, Monks were a Pandaren thing - your elf hatred bias is showing strongly. And yet DHs are the most popular of the 3 - shows you what most people like.

Literally the appropriate response to almost all of your posts.

If bards play a "STFU" chord, that silences two people arguing in chat, i can get behind that.

As far as Tinkers, i don't understand the hate behind it. If you don't like it, don't play it. How does it change your gameplay if you don't even bother with it?

Dark Rangers wouldn't be until AFTER Slyvannas is dealt with.

I really hope the next class is something brand new to the universe that no one saw coming. Something in Mail, ranged... GLAIVE THROWER/warden. 2 specs, dps and heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Yet they were far more popular than monks. Besides @Zylgork , only one of the classes favoured elves. Dks were an orc/human thing, Monks were a Pandaren thing - your elf hatred bias is showing strongly. And yet DHs are the most popular of the 3 - shows you what most people like.
    Dark Rangers would be elf-based though. That's where the elf hate is emanating from.

Speak for yourselves. I still want my bloody Dark Rangers.

Death Knights started as OVERPOWERED and were nerfed 1 full expansion later.
    => POPULAR

Monks started as MEDIOCRE and were buffed multiple times even expansions later.
    => NOT POPULAR

Demon Hunters started as OVERPOWERED and were not even nerfed 1 full expansion later.
    => POPULAR

Maybe its just the balancing and nothing else. FOTM classes are not FOTM because of the "class theme" they are popular because they break the balance.

Welcome to MMO's, where players stay for years or days and choose different classes for different reasons. A seasonal players simply doesnt care what the class theme is or how it is played, all they care about is IS IT POPULAR? IS IT WANTED?
    -