Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Imagine getting your enjoyment from RNG procs instead of actual gameplay.
    imagine getting upset over something as silly as RNG titanforge procs.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    If item is meh or bis till next tier, you know that before you even get the item. Are you new?
    Pray tell how you know a damn thing before hand? The game decides how good the item will be ya moop. It MAY be your bis item but if the GAME decides to not use it's massive skill index have fun killing the same shit over and over waiting for a random proc to give you the best.

Not getting into this with you beyond this. You may know what a boss drops but if the item drops that doesn't mean that is good for you because of the current system (tf) back then you knew what a boss drops if you got my item you knew you're good until the next tier or whatever.

Current system with a normal player (no lfr)
    And NO tf proc

Do normal. Do heroic. Do mythic

For one raid

Old say bc

Clear T4....Clear T5....Clear T6
    ^linera progression that didn't rely on rng that could even let you skip content cause ilv inflation was so high.

Old path had better quality of life and raiding.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Could just try making an addictivlely fun game again instead of all this rng timegating bs
    This, remember when wow was known as world of warcrack?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    citation needed,also even if its true,it is completly irelevant,casual games like classic will usualy be more popular
    Exactly, I'd bet more people play candy crush than wow too rofl
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    normal is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    normal is boring.
    Under tuned useless talents are also boring but Blizzard don’t seem to fix those.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I don't like WF/TF gear, having it out of the game even if only for a raid tier is going to be a huge adjustment for everybody. Even more so when you think of how long it or some version of it has been in the game. Many people playing now have never played a version of WoW without it. There are going to be some growing pains with just that switch much less anything else
    What growing pains? You remember when your shit didn't WF/TF? It's that all the time, gg.

- - - Updated - - -

Under tuned useless talents are also boring but Blizzard don’t seem to fix those.
    Ah but they are easier to wrangle Can you imagine trying to wrangle a, what would it be now 111 point talent tree?

You know I'm not against old talent trees and if they ever came back in full force I'd have addons to handle specing I'm sure but I can't see normalfags clicking 111 times to spec lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    computer says ....no

because gotta boost those MAUs to satisfy shareholders.
    There must be other options to satisfy shareholders, and there are. I sometimes have the feeling that blizzard just doesn't want to invest enough time to get the best out of their games anymore. Less effort and more money over a short peroid of time instead of more effort and frequence money flow.

Ehhh... I mean it would be nice to have ilvl reflect power. But my only issue with the power difference is sockets, which are way too OP (mostly because of the value of stats and because of the value of said stats on gems). So if they can't fix sockets, I don't care all that much, you still have to sim it as a dps and you still have the dilemma of "is more health and armor worth it or should i go for the extra stat" as a tank.

Having random effects on gear doesn't seem like a bad thing. I like the idea behind the effects on the loot from Azshara. I also like warforges and titanforges, they make me pretty happy when I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    What growing pains? You remember when your shit didn't WF/TF? It's that all the time, gg.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah but they are easier to wrangle Can you imagine trying to wrangle a, what would it be now 111 point talent tree?

You know I'm not against old talent trees and if they ever came back in full force I'd have addons to handle specing I'm sure but I can't see normalfags clicking 111 times to spec lol.
    I’m not talking about the old talent system.

I’m talking about Blizzard introducing new systems (like azerite traits and essences) when basic systems like the talents still need a lot of work. Optimize one system before adding a new. I would rather have one well-functioning system, then 3 half-arsed systems.

Quote Originally Posted by whytetree View Post
    Here is something I have been toying with in my big brain. Have gear be completely customisable through a system and not have drops anymore, give players currency to imbue or change the gear to how they want and gate it behind RNG so that say over 1 month players have x amount of currency to attempt x amount of stat changes or rerolls or whatever.
    BENTHIC GEAR

Next is to have automated ilvl upgrades and stats bump up once a player gets an achievement for killing a boss/level of content. This way players who clear the best content have the biggest +modifier to their gear, but stil have the longevity of tinkering with their gear to find the best balance/best performance for whatever they like to do.
    CONTENT PATCHES, AUTOMATIC ILVL BUMPS

This way my method of acquiring the best gear is to clear the content that most suits me, aka high level mythic plus or mythic raiding and i get the gear that corresponds to that, then i can roll for the item bonuses I want and eventually see that +3 mythic sword of gating which has crit mastery or whatever stats I want/raidbots tells me.
    The BENTHIC GEAR was not really liked that much, since it took a lot of farming to roll till you got the BiS+Socket variant and this forced mythic raiders to tunnel gear/tokens/pearls from an army of twinks into mains.

And even with close to broken good "2-3%" DPS upgrades PER PIECE, the majority of players still didnt care, even worse many raiders did not care either and just waited for the titanfore/warforge gear inflation over time.

Your suggestions are basicly what blizzard tried and people did not wanted it instead of the TF/WF system. Wait and see for the backclash with the major 8.3 TF/WF replacement. I would assume its allready 9.0+ default gear tech and any change with a sure backclash will be felt with the start of the next expansion aswell.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! I am honestly tired of all the different random gear setups that I have to carefully sim every darn time to find out if it's an upgrade. Azerite traits, oh it has a gem socket but lower ilvl... etc. I get that it is exciting for some to have even more options to customize stuff but let's be honest here, most of just googled "BiS azerite traits" day 1. Not so fun IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    There must be other options to satisfy shareholders, and there are. I sometimes have the feeling that blizzard just doesn't want to invest enough time to get the best out of their games anymore. Less effort and more money over a short period of time instead of more effort and frequence money flow.
    And yet the MAU myth has been disproven multiple times, even by a blue post. This conspiracy theory meme needs to die already. It is just as ridiculous as the theory that Blizzard didn't allow flying in WoD because they were ''saving'' on terrain modelling.

Not only is that theory absolutely ridiculous, it doesn't add up in real life. Blizzard has ALWAYS discouraged excessive playing by putting various limits (which people often call ''time gate'' or ''rep gate'') and by usually giving rewards after 3-5 activites done per week. Blizzard does not want you to play only WoW (even blue posters were discussing what other games do they play) nor do they promote unhealthy playstyles.

And oh the shock, they want you to spend time in their game, who would tell. Quite ironic considering that a couple of years back, the main complaint was about ''lazy'' Blizzard who can't produce content.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind interesting gear and effects, though I do mind the RNG nature that follows them in recent years just to acquire them setting them apart from the usual loot-roll of the loot-pinata.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Oh yes, somehow having different opinion makes one dumb... Are you 12? Because tone of your post suggests child's mentality.
    This is an ironic statement. Fighting fire with fire. Stop projecting. If you had a point, you wouldn't be this easily thrown off by a twelve year old. But by your avatar and the statement you're replying to, you like representing things not representative of ones own self.

The funny thing is, the both of you are 12 pretending like % matter at all. THEY DONT. You guys have gone so off track to the original post that you're bitching and moaning about some other point.

If you don't want something to be an 'excuse'. STOP USING IT AS ONE. Classic is not there reason you don't have the gear items you remember. Wrath isn't to blame. WoD isn't either.

Just like things can EVOLVE, they can EVOLVE back to better suit that environment. Stop thinking within a box, and play only within it. Break out and maybe you'll come up with real ideas. You know, instead of hindering progress by putting limitations on yourself to do so.

Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?
    Well - patch 8.3 brings back standard gear as corrupted gear is optional.

Functionally - azerite slots are the same as tier sets but with configurable tier bonuses.

So the only thing missing is what they look like - and transmog give you full flexibility on that.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    Yes, Just revert the game back to Wrath class design and Gear design and all will be good. New levels and what not, but same gear design.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Yes! I am honestly tired of all the different random gear setups that I have to carefully sim every darn time to find out if it's an upgrade. Azerite traits, oh it has a gem socket but lower ilvl... etc. I get that it is exciting for some to have even more options to customize stuff but let's be honest here, most of just googled "BiS azerite traits" day 1. Not so fun IMO.
    how about this. stop pretending you can dps a boss like a ROBOT. I hate sims and I hate people who think it relates to real encounters. When's the last time we had a true, stand still and PATCHWORK a fight? How do I know it's bullshit, because Healers can't even SIM on the same websites you people use in the first place.

There's a lot SIMs don't account for, and that's the actual fucking human being playing it. If only you click FIGHT like you can SIM when you're in game.

Best way to get away from this frame of mind, stop going to church. You don't have to go, and you don't have to take followers or even have members in your own church. That's what makes this world so great, if people allow it, is that we can all be civil while believing one thing or another. Playing and enjoying our lives as we see fit. Trying to relive the same experience millions have already done, is boring. Make it your own, make it unique. That's what I've done and I am doing just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    so are you going to send the petition to blizzard CEO or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    What growing pains? You remember when your shit didn't WF/TF? It's that all the time, gg
    I do, as I said for all the people that started in MoP or later this is the only version of loot they have known.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - patch 8.3 brings back standard gear as corrupted gear is optional.

Functionally - azerite slots are the same as tier sets but with configurable tier bonuses.

So the only thing missing is what they look like - and transmog give you full flexibility on that.
    Corrupted gear will most likely affect how competitive you are.

BiS pieces of Azerite gear can be really annoying to obtain (a lot of RNG) and you can't freely change between specs. Azerite traits also stay the same for the whole expansion whereas tier set offered a new bonus each tier which I personally really appreciated.

I play a rogue and for that class Azerite gear offers almost zero customization. Especially Outlaw uses the same traits ALWAYS, so the whole system of Azerite gear just seems pointless to me.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-25 at 02:50 PM.