View Poll Results: Which are you most excited to learn about at Blizzcon?

Voters
275. This poll is closed
  • World of Warcraft (Retail / Expansion Reveal?)

201 73.09%
  • WoW Classic (BC servers?)

45 16.36%
  • Diablo (D4 Reveal, D1 or D2 Remastered?)

156 56.73%
  • Overwatch / "Overwatch 2"

49 17.82%
  • Heroes of the Storm

11 4.00%
  • Starcraft 2

12 4.36%
  • Warcraft 3 - Reforged (Beta / Release date?)

71 25.82%
  • Hearthstone

10 3.64%
  • Diablo Immortal / Phone Games

11 4.00%
  • Other

32 11.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One of the few years I am excited for more than one franchise! New WoW expansion, WCIII:R release news (hopefully), OW2 will probably get a new try for me after I fell out of OW after my computer crashed, and Diablo 4 is about time. Only Starcraft news could make me more interested in this con, really. It has been a long time since the actual panels were more tempting than the digital goodies when it comes to the digital pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) WoW - where its going and what new gameplay features we can look forward to.
    2.) OW2 - this can be HUUUUUGE or an amazing flop, cant wait to see it...

comments: not many, except i will say with outrage culture and where the fanbase seems to be today, ravenously looking for even the smallest mistake by Blizz to pounce on the forums on MMO-C are gonna be priceless...I personally wish Blizz the best and hope it all turns out good!!

edit: forgot D4! although admittedly my excitement level is more of a "ok, lets see what you got" than anything..

Warcraft 4 of course

not excited about:

wow: just more of the same, which is fine, but also not exciting.
    classic: too early for anything exciting to happen. they will probably drop some interesting stats though.
    diablo4: don't like that type of gameplay anymore. story might be cool tough.
    overwatch: don't play.
    hots: dead game, dont play, and they already did their announcement preblizzcon.
    starcraft: game they were working on got canceled. would have bene excited if it wasn't.
    war3: should have been out by now, so thats just bad news all round. the delay means they won't talk about potential post-launch content, which is the only hing that could excite me.
    hearthstone: dont play anymore.
    new IP: it'll just something that appeals to the lowest common denominator mass market. +probably designed for microtransactoins.
    hong kong: i want drama to happen but i expect aggressive security will prevent it.

i just think it will all be by the book and playing it safe. i don't forsee any unexpected things to happen. unexpected things are exciting, expected things aren't.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-10-25 at 01:09 PM.

WoW ofc..

and I want a new IP .. Something like Assassin's creed

Number 1: WoW exp Retail.
    Number 2: Diablo 4
    Number 3: Warcraft reforged.

The rest i totally dont care about.
    Maybe if a StarCraft sequel for PC is announced that would hype me up aswell but since we dont hear anything about Starcraft i guess we have to wait a few years for a Starcraft 3.

9.0 and D4 are at the top for me.

Still kinda shocked people play OW in 2019.

I'm mainly interested in the next wow expac, curious if there will be another class, and if so, what it'll be. Also highly anticipating Diablo 4, and I'm hoping they'll also show off a potential new IP, though i'm not betting on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly excited to see what the next WoW expansion is going to be. As for WC3R, the most exciting part for me has been seeing all the new models. I'll probably play it when it releases but I don't expect them to announce anything we don't already know... I mean, it is just a remaster, let's keep that in mind.

I'm also hoping that Diablo 4 won't suck. I'm not too familiar with the series but after the mobile game fiasco, their fans deserve some love. And hey, if it's good, might be I'll try it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Excited? For nothing on that list. Why would I be excited for a relatively minor update to an existing property or an evolutionary move forward with yet another sequel? And nobody should be excited for anything on that list either.

I might be excited if they were to announce a new and comprehensive new game. When WoW was first announced, that was something to get excited about.

Excited the most about anything truly new (meaning not just a standard new expansion / content batch).

Either a truly refreshing WoW expansion (a soft reset with level shrinking and world rebuilding would catch my interest, for instance), or any new IP or new game with a different concept / spin-off in the existing IPs.

Not sure we're getting any of that though, tbh. They most likely have stuff like that in production, but they might be playing extra safe to recover from the last few years of not so great PR, and throwing at us what they know for sure works, which is sort of more of the same, so yea.. I'd love something truly refreshing and original, but I don't have my hopes up.

Something else I'd really like also, would be for them to announce some CGI/animated Netflix series. There has been rumors about a Diablo series at least, that could be pretty cool. I think WoW could do really well in an animated style as well (even though what I really wish is for a series in the same quality of their recent full-blown cinematics, they look amazing).

Will be exciting nevertheless!
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2019-10-25 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New WoW expansion, D4, Overwatch, and Hearthstone.

Very excited to see what they've been up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Heres to hoping we see an expansion thats completely different than all of these meme leak threads
    The last time they actually surprised us with an expansion we got a late and misguided movie tie-in that amounted to naught but a filler... I think I take any of the speculation based ones over another doctor who acid trip. :P

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    war3: should have been out by now, so thats just bad news all round. the delay means they won't talk about potential post-launch content, which is the only hing that could excite me.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. The delay could mean that they're actually taking the time to make it as good as possible so they can actually monetize it more in the future. I could definitely see them releasing Campaign DLCs down the line recreating post-TFT story.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Excited? Meh.

I'm curios where WoW is going.
    I'm somewhat interested what gameplay direction D4 will be taking.
    I want to know how bad 2019Blizzard shits the bed with OW2.
    OW2 will be a mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The last time they actually surprised us with an expansion we got a late and misguided movie tie-in that amounted to naught but a filler... I think I take any of the speculation based ones over another doctor who acid trip. :P
    To be fair, I wouldn't complain at all if it had been at least a good doctor who episode =P But they completely dropped the ball and failed on the opportunity to explore the Warlords as characters in-game, and to have an overall good story arch. Not to mention all the mechanical/content problems that came with the expansion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    But I'm super hyped for Diablo IV. I'm expecting Blizz to have learned from Diablo III. It'll also be interesting to see how MMO it is, how RPG it is, rather than just hack & slash, and whether or not it retains isometric third person or not.
    With all the canned souls-borne like rumors this is also the one other thing that actually interests me about their game announcements. I want to see on what they settled now, but I fear they were just ordered to make "another diablo", which frankly doesn't even require a new game for the hardcore crowd since all they do is play the same map over and over again anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    OW2 will be a mobile game.
    Tbh, I could see them doing something like fortnite did. A mobile client is certainly something with a certain appeal to financial analysts, but even my cynical self does not believe they would dare to only show that. There would at least be something else, they would have learned after last year's distaster, right?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    To be fair, I wouldn't complain at all if it had been at least a good doctor who episode =P But they completely dropped the ball and failed on the opportunity to explore the Warlords as characters in-game, and to have an overall good story arch. Not to mention all the mechanical/content problems that came with the expansion, of course.
    Yea, tbh, the moment they said there would only be orc and human garrisons and they would each only have 1 location was the moment the expansion kind of shriveled up and died to me. The leveling stuff wasn't even that bad either, they just had nothing planned after that. I hope one day we will get the whole story behind WoD. This is one of these cases where obviously something went very wrong behind the scenes and we don't have the full picture.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-10-25 at 02:05 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Throwing aside WoW 9.0, I'm more excited about D4 and potentially a D2 remastered.

I have a feeling an OW2 would be a PvE variant, with a Battle Royale mode to cash in on the popularity of that genre.

wow expansion and d4.

it's a mix of excitement and wondering how bad the story can get from here.

I hold hope for nothing because blizzard tends to fuck it up when I do. Cannot be disappointed when you are not excited for anything
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016