Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I say that the Scourge was a threat only because everyone who could easily stop her was busy with other things. Even the Alliance and the Horde entered into wars with other threats, and did not fully concentrate on the Lich King. This is the only reason why the Scourge could have at least something.
    Idk, dragons get their asses stomped pretty regularly, as have the wildgods. And still you are talking about combining all the forces of Azeroth to stop the Scourge, which isn't a way to say the Sourge is weak. We don't even know if all the forces of Azeroth could stop a full powered Scourge.

Look at it this way, the Forsaken are essentially a force of the Scourge. In terms of pure lore/role-play they are a nigh unstoppable force, only weakened because of how few they are and not being able to replenish their ranks. Garrosh used Forsaken to spear-head his battles because of them being nearly impossible to kill (this is one of the main point of friction between him and Sylvanas).

Take that ability, but multiply the size infinitely and add in all the other magical Lich BS and DKs and you have the Scourge.

if you want a some what accurate representation of the scourge even though it isn't in the same fictional universe the white walkers and whites of a game of thrones is probably as close as it comes. (lets ignore the none sense of that final season) do you honestly believe any force in the seven kingdoms could of stopped that if the night king was instead replaced by the lich king? the army was literally unstoppable. so what makes you think the exact same thing wouldn't happen to kalimdor/eastern kingdoms if he decided to unleash the scourge? they could wash over both continents given time cleaning the slate. that's without using his death knights or other nefarious beasties he had at his disposal.

the pre event to wrath the scourge invasion. basically shown you how it would go down. capital city's would be over run. and everything would get attacked. had to be removed after 5 days as some people found it unplayable (shame on you because it rocked)

the scourge is a serious threat to azeroth. and not 1 that should be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnorris View Post
    if you want a some what accurate representation of the scourge even though it isn't in the same fictional universe the white walkers and whites of a game of thrones is probably as close as it comes. (lets ignore the none sense of that final season) do you honestly believe any force in the seven kingdoms could of stopped that if the night king was instead replaced by the lich king? the army was literally unstoppable. so what makes you think the exact same thing wouldn't happen to kalimdor/eastern kingdoms if he decided to unleash the scourge? they could wash over both continents given time cleaning the slate. that's without using his death knights or other nefarious beasties he had at his disposal.

the pre event to wrath the scourge invasion. basically shown you how it would go down. capital city's would be over run. and everything would get attacked. had to be removed after 5 days as some people found it unplayable (shame on you because it rocked)

the scourge is a serious threat to azeroth. and not 1 that should be taken lightly.
    This is the dumbest comparison I've seen.
    There are no Aspects and no wild gods in the Game of Thrones.
    In Warcraft, the Alliance and the Horde could defeat the Scourge on their own.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Idk, dragons get their asses stomped pretty regularly, as have the wildgods. And still you are talking about combining all the forces of Azeroth to stop the Scourge, which isn't a way to say the Sourge is weak. We don't even know if all the forces of Azeroth could stop a full powered Scourge.

Look at it this way, the Forsaken are essentially a force of the Scourge. In terms of pure lore/role-play they are a nigh unstoppable force, only weakened because of how few they are and not being able to replenish their ranks. Garrosh used Forsaken to spear-head his battles because of them being nearly impossible to kill (this is one of the main point of friction between him and Sylvanas).

Take that ability, but multiply the size infinitely and add in all the other magical Lich BS and DKs and you have the Scourge.
    Oh my god, how few people on this forum know the lore...
    We will not take? WE DO NOT KNOW? The Alliance and the Horde simultaneously fighting on several fronts. The Lich King himself said that he could not capture Azeroth by force (I’m tired of repeating this, go and read the Chronicles).

Loa Drakkari is much weaker than the Ancient Guardians. Malorne alone could easily kill the Lich King. Any of the Aspects could do this. This army at one time threw back the Burning Legion and the dragons at that moment were weakened by the fact that they gave part of their strength to the Dragon Soul and that Deathwing betrayed them. The Scourge has no chance against the combined power of the Dragons and wild gods. Especially if they begin to help the titan-forged. Even the plague will not help Arthas, because it does not work on powerful creatures.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2019-10-25 at 04:30 PM.

My God, the Chronicles say in plain text that the Lich King knew that the Scourge could not take Azeroth by force.
    "It would not be enough to conquer the world through sheer force. Many others had tried that and failed. To conquer Azeroth, the Lich King would enslave the strongest creatures within it, the great champions who had arisen within the Alliance and the Horde.
    Once they were under his will, the rest of the world would fall in a war of attrition. But the Lich King first needed to lure these champions into his clutches"

If this is the text you're pointing me to, I fail to see where I'm wrong with what I said. Chronicles 3 literally says the same thing I said: he still wasn't ready to conquer Azeroth and needed more preparations, and the most important thing in his plan was luring the mortal armies of the Horde and Alliance to Northrend, cull the weaklings, and raise the strongest ones under his command.

I agree but for other reasons : in wc3 the scourge is just a tool which main goal was to summon demons.
    They are never presented as an unstoppable force : they struggle to win against the nerubians, they need the help of the cult of the damned (aka the betrayal of some humans from the inside), they needed to lure the prince of lordaeron and corrupt him so he could strike lordaeron at its heart.
    Not to mention that they can't reproduce! They constantly rely on the livings.
    They also barely win against illidan and a bunch of blood elves who had no problem reaching the throne.
    In WoW they never win. Vanilla is a complete defeat for kelthuzad.
    It's wotlk which wants you to think that the scourge is a giant threat to justify the "there must always be a lich king" line.

looking back on wotlk plague event.... lich king won, and were all dead. im not really sure why he didnt keep using that plague throughout wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxord View Post
    "It would not be enough to conquer the world through sheer force. Many others had tried that and failed. To conquer Azeroth, the Lich King would enslave the strongest creatures within it, the great champions who had arisen within the Alliance and the Horde.
    Once they were under his will, the rest of the world would fall in a war of attrition. But the Lich King first needed to lure these champions into his clutches"

If this is the text you're pointing me to, I fail to see where I'm wrong with what I said. Chronicles 3 literally says the same thing I said: he still wasn't ready to conquer Azeroth and needed more preparations, and the most important thing in his plan was luring the mortal armies of the Horde and Alliance to Northrend, cull the weaklings, and raise the strongest ones under his command.
    Yes. Now imagine that the wild gods, the green dragons, and the druids with Malfurion are not busy with a nightmare. Imagine that Malygos did not lose his mind and they did not fight with Alexstrasza, but together they defended Azeroth. Imagine that Nozdormu is not busy trying to keep timelines. Imagine that Yogg-Saron did not subjugate the Keepers and their army. Imagine also that the Alliance and the Horde do not devote strength to Malygos, Yogg-Saron, and Varimathras.
    Now imagine that all these forces decided to stop the Scourge. What are the odds for the Lich King (even if the Lich King subdues heroes)?
    That is what I am talking about. Many are convinced that the Scourge was as much a threat to the world as Deathwing or the Legion. No, it is not. The strongest creatures of Azeroth worried very little about the Scourge. Alexstrasza did not stop the war with Malygos. Malygos did not stop the war against mortals. No one began to urgently resurrect the wild gods, as was the case in Hyjal. Everyone didn't care about the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    looking back on wotlk plague event.... lich king won, and were all dead. im not really sure why he didnt keep using that plague throughout wotlk.
    The plague does not affect the wild gods ... So that would not help him

- - - Updated - - -

Even in the Chronicles it is said that the defeat of Kel'Thuzad jeopardized the plans of the Lich King, but Malygos appeared and the Alliance and the Horde had to escape from the war with the Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The Scourge's main strength is that they can raise the dead from just about anything: humans, orcs, dragons, giants. Doesn't matter. You take that away, the Scourge is pretty much nothing. But with it? Their power is comparable to the Legion, who - while technically infinite - does not actively turn their fallen enemies into the undead.
    I'd take infinite amount of resurrections with full mental and power capabilities intact as opposed to a one-time resurrection into an arguably lesser/diminished/weaker version of what you once were.

If everyone turned into Sylvanas'? maybe? But they don't. Outside of the rare Skeleton dragon, most scourge just become shambling drooling masses that can be downed with a single crossbow bolt to their pre-cracked noggin'.

I'd put the Scourge, at best, on the same level of the Zerg in Starcraft. Arguably powerful... but not without its drawbacks.

This is the dumbest comparison I've seen.
    There are no Aspects and no wild gods in the Game of Thrones.
    In Warcraft, the Alliance and the Horde could defeat the Scourge on their own..
    well that is funny because your initial argument is incredibly dumb.
    did any of the entities you mention intervene during wrath? I mean the most I remember of alexstraza is wrath gate. the dragons had their own shit going on.
    wild gods I don't remember them being involved either. of course I could be wrong.
    I mean going by that logic why did we even bother going to northrend in the first place. those dudes should of just done it for us right? why do we bother doing anything if these things can just handle it?

the horde and alliance would either be spread so thin protecting people or gathering resources to be protected in a more secure location. that they get over run.
    or alternatively sit behind their walls and try and defend what they have. and die of starvation or get over run before that has a chance of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'd take infinite amount of resurrections with full mental and power capabilities intact as opposed to a one-time resurrection into an arguably lesser/diminished/weaker version of what you once were.

If everyone turned into Sylvanas'? maybe? But they don't. Outside of the rare Skeleton dragon, most scourge just become shambling drooling masses that can be downed with a single crossbow bolt to their pre-cracked noggin'.

I'd put the Scourge, at best, on the same level of the Zerg in Starcraft. Arguably powerful... but not without its drawbacks.
    The Swarm is much more powerful than the Scourge. While the Swarm's control was limited to Char, they were able to consume entire worlds in no time. Meanwhile the Scourge barely managed to expand outside of Icecrown...

A more appropriate comparison would be the Legion with the Swarm.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

well that is funny because your initial argument is incredibly dumb.
    did any of the entities you mention intervene during wrath? I mean the most I remember of alexstraza is wrath gate. the dragons had their own shit going on.
    wild gods I don't remember them being involved either. of course I could be wrong.
    I mean going by that logic why did we even bother going to northrend in the first place. those dudes should of just done it for us right? why do we bother doing anything if these things can just handle it?

the horde and alliance would either be spread so thin protecting people or gathering resources to be protected in a more secure location. that they get over run.
    or alternatively sit behind their walls and try and defend what they have. and die of starvation or get over run before that has a chance of happening.
    Did you even read my post? Or just decided to write stupidity, seeing the name of the topic?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-10-25 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I think the lore itself is not consistent enough to draw such conclusions, much less from in-game events.
    I think the lore is overrated

Did you even read my post? Or just decided to write stupidity, seeing the name of the topic?

Infracted.
    no because it bored me. the title alone was foolish enough. have a nice day sir

no because it bored me. the title alone was foolish enough. have a nice day sir
    Do o not behave like a child and read the first post, everything is written there. The first post says why Aspects and wild gods could not help and why the Scourge is overrated. If you just want to show your ignorance, then this is not the best place.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-10-25 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwood View Post
    Do o not behave like a child and read the first post, everything is written there. The first post says why Aspects and wild gods could not help and why the Scourge is overrated. If you just want to show your ignorance, then this is not the best place.

Infracted.
    You made a new account just to reply to him? Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    You made a new account just to reply to him? Just wow.
    I was just a little pissed off his answer. Why try to answer if you haven’t even read the first post?
    Fans of Scourge/Arthas always behave very strangely.

I was just a little pissed off his answer. Why try to answer if you haven’t even read the first post?
    I know right, it's like so weird twisted fetish, it's just creepy. But then again, these are the forums for such people to openly geek out their weird fetish fantasies. But they shouldn't expect that everyone would pat them on the back or think it's cool. It's creepy.

behaving strangely? you mean like creating a new account to reply to me being completely normal. just take the ban son shine.

and I am truly deeply sorry I upset you with my reply. I forget a lot of people online have severely sensitive egos and don't like to be called boring or dull.
    this forum must be super important to you. perhaps maybe your only means of communicating with the outside world...
    sincerely accept my apologies.

love you XoX

behaving strangely? you mean like creating a new account to reply to me being completely normal. just take the ban son shine.

and I am truly deeply sorry I upset you with my reply. I forget a lot of people online have severely sensitive egos and don't like to be called boring or dull.
    this forum must be super important to you. perhaps maybe your only means of communicating with the outside world...
    sincerely accept my apologies.

love you XoX
    This topic is so boring for you that you decide to answer it.
    Admit, it’s just hard for you to read long posts. It’s much easier to read only the title of the topic. Do not be afraid, this is normal. At 5 years old.

This topic is so boring for you that you decide to answer it.
    Admit, it’s just hard for you to read long posts. It’s much easier to read only the title of the topic. Do not be afraid, this is normal. At 5 years old.
    nothing hard about reading friend. especially when what i am reading is mildly entertaining and well thought out treacle.
    your insecurities are showing. look i understand if being the all knowing lore guy is important to a person like you. im sure its really impressive gets you a lot of girls.
    but come on questioning my reading age is just embarrassing and child like. you are discrediting your superior intellect now. making your self look just a wee bit foolish in front of people who you believe respect you and your vast knowledge of the goings on of azeroth. how will people know who you are now since you created a new account.

oh and I am sorry for replying to an open post on an open forum and becoming bored half way through reading that tripe.

god bless your cotton socks.

respectfully