Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Servant= Slave
    lol

Thanks for proving that you're batshit crazy

If this is what you really think, then I'm glad you're the one trying to argue Dragonsworn can't be playable and not someone with a credible argument behind it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    They are not the same thing, conceptually.

A butler or maid can be called a servant, but they are not slaves.
    I would say that a mutated creature eternally in servitude to a dragon is definitely a slave.

I would say that a mutated creature eternally in servitude to a dragon is definitely a slave.
    Yeah but that's not what a mortal serving a Dragon is.

And I would say a servant is still not a slave. Because they are fundamentally different concepts.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The name is immaterial. The point is that being like Wrathion is a class worthy concept, with plenty of basis in WoW.

Being a mutated dragon's chump is not.
    I can't believe I'm going to agree with Teriz....

A class with that Wrathion aesthetic would be 9000 times cooler than just "it's a caster but the specs are themed after dragonflights!"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    lol

Thanks for proving that you're batshit crazy

If this is what you really think, then I'm glad you're the one trying to argue Dragonsworn can't be playable and not someone with a credible argument behind it
    Then a thesaurus must also be "batshit crazy" because servant and slave are synonyms.

weird part is people here make the dragonsworn thing make less and less sense to be a class in wow screw it timewalker dragon class based on chromie becus dragon can take a race shape problem solve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    And I would say a servant is still not a slave. Because they are fundamentally different concepts.
    https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/servant

slave: a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them
    servant: a person who performs duties for others, especially a person employed in a house on domestic duties or as a personal attendant; a devoted and helpful follower or supporter

They are 100% undoubtedly different. To say otherwise is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    are you sure it's dark ranger and not just archer unit from NE ranks? http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...s/archer.shtml
    It is a dark ranger. Blizzard removed that picture and replaced it with one that shows the shades of malfurion or a druid of the talon, a dryad and a druid of the claw.
    Some artist messed up thats all.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2019-10-25 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

A class with that Wrathion aesthetic would be 9000 times cooler than just "it's a caster but the specs are themed after dragonflights!"
    Isn't that due to him actually being a dragon though? And like, an overall cool schemer-type NPC?

Then a thesaurus must also be "batshit crazy" because servant and slave are synonyms.
    So are tinker and engineer.

But in all seriousness, try posting their identical definitions.

Oh get out of here with this shit. You cannot make that connection. They are willingly following the dragons, devoted to them, worshiping them, helping them. They are not forced into serving them against their will. That is a huge difference.

Good luck calling anyone considered a servant a slave. Let's see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Oh, I agree with that. The idea of Talon Guard being a class based upon serving Wrathion and being themed after him sounds way more awesome than what people typically think of for Dragonsworn. But if the latter is what we get, and not the former, or we get a race instead of a class, I'm not going to complain. I want something dragon-adjacent, regardless of what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    So are tinker and engineer.

But in all seriousness, try posting their identical definitions.
    LOL this made me audibly laugh at work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    are you sure it's dark ranger and not just archer unit from NE ranks? http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...s/archer.shtml
    Speaking of which. Do we have dark ranger model for Reforged?

Listen, you can keep parsing words and using sophistry, be my guest, but you're still

I guess butlers, maids, waiters, house-cleaners, and anyone else in the service industry is a slave. Who knew?

Jesus christ this guy is dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Speaking of which. Do we have dark ranger model for Reforged?
    Not yet, no.

Kel'Thuzad will bring us his classroom of newly trained Necromancers to aid the Alliance and Horde in their efforts to fight, study and understand "Death".

The Dark Rangers will realize after a battle with The Bolvar that Sylvanas has used them, and they regain their free will, but not before The Bolvar yells "SYLVANAS!" and jumps at her with his whatever sword. The Bolvar then sends them off with a letter of "Trust me, I am a good guy now" to Anduin and Baine.

Mekkatorque, who is secretly bankrolled by Gallywix somehow, will create the Tinkmaster 6000 in his garage, the first ever remote crafting bench for all your Tinker needs, creating a new era of DIY Tinkers that lend their aid to the Alliance and the Horde.

Wrathion, realizing that he needs more help to defend Azeroth, creates his own order of Dragonsworn. He, Ebonhorn and his Blacktalon begin the hunt for Sabellian in order to rip the secrets of the old rituals from him by any means necessary, infusing the Blacktalon as the hunt goes on until eventually Wrathion infuses them with his own blood.

The next expansion will have not one, not two but FOUR Hero Classes, trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody