Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I'm not deflecting.

They made a mistake, they apologized. What more is there?

The reason Fox gets shit is because they give false information. It's not so simple as improper graphics. They literally exist to make people believe in an alternate reality.
    Improper graphics? wow...I'm done with your deflecting.....using youtube footage from a Kentucky gun club as Syrian/Turkey fighting footage is improper graphics to you. And you just said fox news gives false information. But not explaining using youtube video for a report that big is not false information? Since the whoel report revolved around the footage.....and they never showed any other footage...and can't explain why they used this footage.....still "improper graphics"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Err... you know this thread isn't about ABC or Syria right? You want to talk about deflecting? about projection? I don't, I'd rather stick to impeachment in the impeachment thread.
    You know I wasn't the one who brought up media misleading and lying right? Why did you not post this in response to orbital or xeones when they went off the rails on the fox news bashing? OH I see, you enjoy that but not when it's non foxnews outlets......hypocrite defletcing at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Seriously though, if this had been fox news, this board would have a 50 page thread about it. But it's ABC so you can not be bothered with it.
    Fox "News" lies all of the time, ABC does not. ABC has apologized for incorrect reporting, Fox "News" has never apologized. I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this? ABC reported incorrectly (and apologized) and that excuses all the lies and nonsense that comes from Fox? I don't think that's how it works.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why am I not surprised. The President called out ABC about their video in a press conference. And abc has not apologized. It's not a whataboutism, it's a fact that you are a hypocrite who only goes after one news network without actually paying attention to the world around you. Feel free to get news form any place besides this board and the huffington post.

This was major news and you say I am uninformed. It's not posted here because it actually does show ABC as showing fake news. But, I'm uniformed because you can't be bothered to keep up with current events.
    Why aren't you linking it?

- - - Updated - - -

My bad they did apologize, they just haven't explained why they used Gun club video for Syrain footage.
    So who's uninformed again? Where's your opine about Faux News never apologizing when they get stories wrong? Am I doing that right?

- - - Updated - - -

keep deflecting. That is also what this board does very well, deflect.

Seriously though, if this had been fox news, this board would have a 50 page thread about it. But it's ABC so you can not be bothered with it. Typical user of this forum. Your cohorts will be in here shortly to also deflect that a major news organization for unexplained reason used a you tube video from America as Turkey fighting Syria right after we pulled out and politicians on both sides whined and whined for days.
    What's truly adorable about your little diatribe regarding ABC News mistake vs comparing it to Faux News is that you don't even understand the difference. You just read off whatever talking points the GOP tells you to believe and keep lying and deflecting hoping against all logic and reason that your Dear Leader Donnie Dumbfuck didn't screw up as badly as he himself admitted on live television.

Or can have you figured out yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Fox "News" lies all of the time, ABC does not. ABC has apologized for incorrect reporting, Fox "News" has never apologized. I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this? ABC reported incorrectly (and apologized) and that excuses all the lies and nonsense that comes from Fox? I don't think that's how it works.
    Shoot - someone already explained it to him. Well, maybe it will sink in this time. Doubtful.

Can we get back to the thread though? Please? Donnie Dumbfuck seems to be drafting new cabinet level positions to attack the Constitutionally lawful Impeachment Inquiry. I wonder what he's going to do when he's subpoenaed in the Senate and is under oath?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Can we get back to the thread though? Please? Donnie Dumbfuck seems to be drafting new cabinet level positions to attack the Constitutionally lawful Impeachment Inquiry. I wonder what he's going to do when he's subpoenaed in the Senate and is under oath?
    That's probably the thing that Trump's defense team dread the absolute most. They'll move hell and earth to keep him from going up on a stand.

The problem is that, if Trump refuses to take the stand... who's going to force him? And I don't mean "who's going to condemn him not going on the stand," I mean "who's going to physically make him take the stand?"

Various important individuals refusing to obey subpoenas and being met with no repercussions is perhaps the most dangerous aspect of this whole affair. I hope the democrats are looking into any and every legal means to make these people accountable.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-10-26 at 07:51 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Improper graphics? wow...I'm done with your deflecting.....using youtube footage from a Kentucky gun club as Syrian/Turkey fighting footage is improper graphics to you. And you just said fox news gives false information. But not explaining using youtube video for a report that big is not false information? Since the whoel report revolved around the footage.....and they never showed any other footage...and can't explain why they used this footage.....still "improper graphics"

- - - Updated - - -

You know I wasn't the one who brought up media misleading and lying right? Why did you not post this in response to orbital or xeones when they went off the rails on the fox news bashing? OH I see, you enjoy that but not when it's non foxnews outlets......hypocrite defletcing at it's finest.
    They retracted it and apologized.

When has Fox or CCN or Breitbart or InfoWars or whatever you use done that? Why do you not scream about bias when Fox hosts gush over trump or go on stage with him, like Hannity?

ABC made a mistake and admitted it, when has even Trump done that?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That would be up to Chief Justice Roberts to decide.

- - - Updated - - -

A better question is what does this have to do with the impeachment inquiry?
    Apparently, the conversation ended up there roughly like this:

Trump's inquiry is likened to Nixon's
    ---> Fox News shaping people's views is cited as a major difference between the two
    ---> Fox News briefly becomes the topic as people wonder what can be done about its influence
    ---> Measures to take against false reporting become the topic
    ---> TR comes in with the good old whataboutism of some 'liberal outlet' or whatever (idk ABC, so no clue) calling those criticizing Fox hypocrites

As such, it is tangentially related, though there are better topics to discuss that particular issue in. The original point, namely that public opinion of the impeachment proceedings is being heavily shaped by media outlets has some merit. Compared to that era, the informational landscape is much more partisan and has a bigger effect on people, which could probably influence the inquiry and the outcome. But the whole comparison between networks part should be moved away to a different topic altogether.

Please report the drerailing of thread...please. They have nothing left but to change the subject matter, make shit up and make something small into a huge topic. No we can only hope that something is done about it.

Now to the topic we will see if the release of the grand jury testimony has anything in it. I'm betting the WH will fight it as usual, which again we ask "if nothing to hide, then why worry about it"? They always claim Mueller Investigation was a nothingburger.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Please report the drerailing of thread...please. They have nothing left but to change the subject matter, make shit up and make something small into a huge topic. No we can only hope that something is done about it.

Now to the topic we will see if the release of the grand jury testimony has anything in it. I'm betting the WH will fight it as usual, which again we ask "if nothing to hide, then why worry about it"? They always claim Mueller Investigation was a nothingburger.
    I would think that Trump will appeal this to the supreme court so doubt it would just be released without anymore legal fights.

7+ Year Old Account
    He'll do anything to get to and through election season without having to sit in front of Congress. They'll throw out that plagiary trap BS arguement again and stall.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    He'll do anything to get to and through election season without having to sit in front of Congress. They'll throw out that plagiary trap BS arguement again and stall.
    Would he even have to? I am not too well versed, just sounded like his testimony wouldn't be needed until the senate stage, so I am not sure if they could really stall with that.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    What happens if Barr doesn't recuse himself?
    Does the Attorney General (Barr / DOJ) have any official capacity in an impeachment inquiry? I thought it was up to congress and the supreme court?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *yawns*
    Dude is flailing about something that isn't related at all to the topic of the thread.
    Reported and nothing will be done. As per usual. But if we bring it up here, mods bust out their dad voices to tell us to report or PM them which they still seem to do jack shit about it other than ban and infract those that try to bring light to it. At least that is what the perception I have gotten reading over the last few weeks of stuff here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Does the Attorney General (Barr / DOJ) have any official capacity in an impeachment inquiry? I thought it was up to congress and the supreme court?
    Wouldn't the AG be the head of defense for the president during impeachment?

I don't think he can be when he is directly implicated into it. Unless he wants to defend himself.

Barr isn't supposed to be Trump's personal lawyer ... he's supposed to be the lawyer for the US government. I don't see anything that suggests the attorney general is required to defend a president during impeachment .. and I'm not sure that the AG could .. there's more to the US government than just the president.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's probably the thing that Trump's defense team dread the absolute most. They'll move hell and earth to keep him from going up on a stand.

The problem is that, if Trump refuses to take the stand... who's going to force him? And I don't mean "who's going to condemn him not going on the stand," I mean "who's going to physically make him take the stand?"

Various important individuals refusing to obey subpoenas and being met with no repercussions is perhaps the most dangerous aspect of this whole affair. I hope the democrats are looking into any and every legal means to make these people accountable.
    Agreed.

As to your question. I believe the rules will be different with Chief Justice Roberts presiding. While the GOP has been breaking the law left and right by ignoring subpoenas from the House, when SCOTUS Roberts is lording over the Senate, Trump will be hard pressed to ignore a court order.

I'm more concerned about McConnell working the rules to prevent a situation in which Trump can be forced to testify (i.e. the mistrial option).

Apparently Sondland wasn't playing as dumb as we thought.

Sondland Told House Panels Trump's Ukraine Pressure Was Quid Pro Quo https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAJpoxS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare

>A top U.S. diplomat told House committees last week that efforts by President Trump and his allies to press Kyiv to open investigations in exchange for a White House meeting with Ukraine’s president amounted to a quid pro quo, his lawyer said.

Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told House committees that he believed Ukraine agreeing to open investigations into Burisma Group—a gas company where Democrat Joe Biden’s son once served on the board—and into alleged 2016 election interference was a condition for a White House meeting between Mr. Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Mr. Sondland’s lawyer Robert Luskin said.
    How any of the GOP that are in the hearings can claim Trump did nothing wrong is beyond me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    How any of the GOP that are in the hearings can claim Trump did nothing wrong is beyond me.
    As we learned from them storming that one meeting; they're not actually at the hearings, they'd rather make a fuss about the whole thing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don’t think a mistrial is possible.
    I know there is some irony here, but I don't think I'm using the right word. I've seen which term would apply, but I can't recall which one. Summary Judgment isn't it either. It might come after the presentation of the prosecution evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Apparently Sondland wasn't playing as dumb as we thought.

Sondland Told House Panels Trump's Ukraine Pressure Was Quid Pro Quo https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAJpoxS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare

A top U.S. diplomat told House committees last week that efforts by President Trump and his allies to press Kyiv to open investigations in exchange for a White House meeting with Ukraine’s president amounted to a quid pro quo, his lawyer said.

Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told House committees that he believed Ukraine agreeing to open investigations into Burisma Group—a gas company where Democrat Joe Biden’s son once served on the board—and into alleged 2016 election interference was a condition for a White House meeting between Mr. Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Mr. Sondland’s lawyer Robert Luskin said.
    I think it's the GOP cock suckers who aren't in the hearings that are still shrilling Trump's innocence. It's my understanding that the GOP members taking part of the Impeachment Inquiry are stunned by Trump's crimes.