Thread: if anduin dies

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

if anduin dies

this save alliance story? i will really be happy if anduin dies. He trash written character in this galaxy.

10+ Year Old Account
    anduin dies...
    we step into the shadowlands on next expansion
    and we bring back varian and voljin.
    can't get any better than that.

if not varian.... muradin or jaina, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    anduin dies...
    Sorry, but Anduin has the biggest Plot Armor in this game: we already saw him in the Vindicaar as an old man. Anduin will not die in our lifetime, or at least until we made a BIIIIIIIIIG timeskip.

What could happen is that they bring back somehow Varian, he goes back being the leader, and Anduin now joins a new faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but Anduin has the biggest Plot Armor in this game: we already saw him in the Vindicaar as an old man. Anduin will not die in our lifetime, or at least until we made a BIIIIIIIIIG timeskip.

What could happen is that they bring back somehow Varian, he goes back being the leader, and Anduin now joins a new faction.
    anduin failed as a character, blizzard see this, probably in next expansion he will be buried... and golden also

5+ Year Old Account

Yeah thats right. Its such a mistake cuz they shouldnt make him immortal
    But maybe its a good time for wow to make a time skip? I mean the peace and love is in the air so we need to play again when something goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Yeah thats right. Its such a mistake cuz they shouldnt make him immortal
    But maybe its a good time for wow to make a time skip? I mean the peace and love is in the air so we need to play again when something goes wrong
    Peace and love between the horde doesn't stop literally ever other force in the universe....

10+ Year Old Account

If Illidan taught us anything, it's that the characters aren't destined for anything.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    That stupid comic was so fucking retarded and unnecessary. The Legion's already rekt and if it comes back (imagine that, bringing back a villain right?), it can't possibly be a meaningful threat because we already beat it. What are they gonna do this time with it? How can they build it up more than what it already was? That shit doesn't work.

Anduin dying though? I'd rather they let his balls drop and make him an actual Alliance character that wants to shit on Horde. Jaina was almost there for so long until they softcocked her. He's been softcocked sooooo long that I don't think anything will make him snap out of it. There simply is nothing the Horde or anyone else can really do to make him a better character. Yeah sure he could die and then you'd be stuck with who exactly? Moira? Too bad she only gets a little mention here and there and no development. Tyrande is going to be made into a villain for daring to suggest the Horde aren't all dindu nuffins. Gnomes had their one little flash of relevance in the game and it will never come again. Genn is going to almost certainly be made a villain or die, depending how the Tyrande shit plays out. So who is going to run the Alliance again?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Anduin could be redeemed, but he wont. I get the feeling that he exists to push some social narrative and everyone agreeing with him is the writers fantasy of how everyone should agree with their personal opinions. I feel like the reason he is so damn insufferable is due to the writers inability to question or challenge their own worldview and acknowledge why they wont work in practice.
    Anduin as a character is insufferable not because he is a stout idealist, but because he mind controls everyone in proximity to him into ignoring their own interests and becoming featureless slaves. Everyone is either converted into an anduin cultist with no will of their own, or they go insane and become a villian.

Want to make him a great character? Change NOTHING about him, just change EVERYTHING about how others interact with him.
    Have muradinz jaina and genn all undermine his authority and subvert his rule and use him to accomplish their own goals.
    BOOM! alliance is now fucking interesting, anduin is struggling to realise his idyllic vision due to his mentors abusing his trust and learning the price of passivity. Have him learn of the futility of his sermon falling on deaf ears and becoming embittered at the betrayal and intrigue that surrounds him all while tying his own hands, now reluctantly, because he knows the price of the alternative. Give him the complex of having his faith tested every day due to the fact that others dont see the world the way he does and arent truly interested in in the peace he seeks.
    Nothing changes about him, but EVERYTHING changes with him.

He isnt the problem, its everyone that interacts with him that is the problem

Good god let some character still be good.... why does everything have to be chaotic evil or plane stupid. Let at least the last really good characters alive.....

Golden knows what all people hate anduin, but she liked this, beta boy her punching bag for her complexes
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...340235777?s=19

The banshee queen already felt his potential once in the cinematic and realized that he's a boy no longer:
    [img]https://pics.tinypic.pl/i/00990/aapml1afoi3t.jpg[/ig]

It's impossible. He has too thick plot-armor.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2019-10-26 at 03:14 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why would they kill off one of the most relatable and well written characters?
    Because he is neither of those things? A one dimensional bland avatar of niceness and for some reason Draenei and Night Elves suck up to him.

How about this? Remember when his shortsightedness almost killed everyone three times during the Siege of Lordaeron?

In my version of the faction war it would have ended been an unmitigated disaster with the entire Alliance force dying, Undercity remaining in Sylvanas' hands, and the leaders only escaping due to Jaina's magic. Realizing that his total lack of experience is a libaility he steps down as High King and goes on a long quest of leaning and training (like Batman) and leaves the Alliance in hands of people with thousands of years of experience in leadership and warfare.

The Alliance keeps winning the war untill Sylvanas uses some secret weapon. Azerite, Plague, or even Azerite Plague. Things look bleak untill Anduin returns from his quest to become a real leader. After that point they faceroll the Horde forces.

Because everyone didn't suddenly forgot Varian's promise in WoW a lot of Horde leaders are executed, and territories are lost.

I really don't think Anduin needs to die. If he does, I presume the Alliance leadership will go to a council. Based on Legion and BfA, Genn makes the most sense as an Alliance spokesperson, though I think it would be nice if Malfurion took charge and we got to see a bit more of the Kalimdor influence. Velen's also a natural choice for a leader given his years of experience.

Where did we see him in the Vindicaar as an old man? Are we sure this is the same Anduin? Not an Anduin that has been fighting a thousand years against the Legion somehow. Not an Anduin from a different universe or timeline? Not an Anduin from a source that becomes non-canon? Not an Anduin that can be retconned out of that situation?

I don't recall this in-game, and if it's not in-game, it's vulnerable to retcon or hand-waving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    That stupid comic was so fucking retarded and unnecessary. The Legion's already rekt and if it comes back (imagine that, bringing back a villain right?), it can't possibly be a meaningful threat because we already beat it. What are they gonna do this time with it? How can they build it up more than what it already was? That shit doesn't work.
    This is the third time we (the people of Azeroth) beat the Legion. Did it feel less special than any of the other times? I loved RoC, but I didn't feel like Legion was any less epic having beaten them once before. I also never doubted we'd win; the suspense was all in what sort of damage they'd do before we did. With respect to that, I think it could still be a successful arc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Anduin could be redeemed, but he wont. I get the feeling that he exists to push some social narrative and everyone agreeing with him is the writers fantasy of how everyone should agree with their personal opinions. I feel like the reason he is so damn insufferable is due to the writers inability to question or challenge their own worldview and acknowledge why they wont work in practice.
    Anduin as a character is insufferable not because he is a stout idealist, but because he mind controls everyone in proximity to him into ignoring their own interests and becoming featureless slaves. Everyone is either converted into an anduin cultist with no will of their own, or they go insane and become a villian.

Want to make him a great character? Change NOTHING about him, just change EVERYTHING about how others interact with him.
    Have muradinz jaina and genn all undermine his authority and subvert his rule and use him to accomplish their own goals.
    BOOM! alliance is now fucking interesting, anduin is struggling to realise his idyllic vision due to his mentors abusing his trust and learning the price of passivity. Have him learn of the futility of his sermon falling on deaf ears and becoming embittered at the betrayal and intrigue that surrounds him all while tying his own hands, now reluctantly, because he knows the price of the alternative. Give him the complex of having his faith tested every day due to the fact that others dont see the world the way he does and arent truly interested in in the peace he seeks.
    Nothing changes about him, but EVERYTHING changes with him.

He isnt the problem, its everyone that interacts with him that is the problem
    This is why I'm particularly happy with the state of the Horde and Alliance. Suddenly, there's peace. Suddenly, Anduin has everything he wants. Now he has to figure out how to make it work. I'd love to have Baine and Anduin get into arguments about lumber distribution from Ashenvale as the night elves work on reconstruction while the Horde has no less a need than before. Challenge these characters' philosophies and see how they adapt to the reality of the situation.

Killing Anduin doesn't save the Alliance's story in any way because it still has the same writers.

funny Golden said that she likes when the character changes, but Anduin never change
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...861746689?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    anduin dies...

if not varian.... muradin or jaina, i guess.
    Sorry, Golden would use Shadowlands to resurrect Anduin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    anduin failed as a character, blizzard see this, probably in next expansion he will be buried... and golden also
    I would like to see Anduin buried physically and Golden metaphorically.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If he dies- I'd be dancing on his grave. And yeah, I'm an Alliance player. Can we bury him within Mulgore?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Golden knows what all people hate anduin, but she liked this, beta boy her punching bag for her complexes
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...340235777?s=19
    No problem, I hate all Wrynns.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Then we celebrate.

Edit: And this is coming from a Horde-only player, but I'm sure it's an almost unanimous feeling across the factions.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2019-10-26 at 11:03 AM.