Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    the 2nd bill from the missouri senator(the same one who put forward the bill to ban lootboxes), if you actually cared you'd pay more attention.

- - - Updated - - -

you should read it first, it would allow the state to sue the offending forum service provider for infringing on the 1st amendment rights of it's users.
    and no, they won't.

- - - Updated - - -

allow me to simplify this:
    The Law>>a notarized agreement>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>an unnotarized written agreement signed in veiw of a notary>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an actual pile of horseshit>an unnotarized agreement>an actual pile of dogshit>TOS.
    I like how instead of, you know, doing what I asked you just gave me some canned pompous, "you should know," remark.

I looked it up. It's Section 230 a revocation of Section 230 and it's being introduced by a Republican who fears "bias" from tech companies. This bill is so hilariously overbearing that it echoes Orwellian levels of censorship. And the worst part is that people are supporting it because they feel like the "libruhls" have too much control over public discourse. I digress. This is hardly the place to discuss something like this but it does speak volumes to your credibility when you introduce it into the conversation the way you did.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-10-26 at 02:17 AM.

Brazilian justice system is a complete mess, that's all I have to say.
    Whatever...

Rank 6700, lol.

Brb, calling my lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    IIRC the way these forums work, at least reports are actually reviewed somewhat regularly. Whereas wow reports are almost entirely automated, only getting a review if you dispute it with a gm ticket that could take days to be resolved.
    Not really. The scrapbot is an automatic system that can get abused easily and functions the same as the wow report system.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, yes it will. That is a blatant attempt to circumvent the 1st Amendment to regulate speech by the government. ISP's are not government agencies, therefore there is no infringement of anyone's 1st Amendment rights. This bill absolutely will be killed by the SCOTUS.
    Not that I want to derail this into politics, but if you are hoping for the SCOTUS to save you from this shit, you are basically sailing on a flimsy wish and a prayer. The SCOTUS is in the process of being packed by hardline Republican wonks from a party that literally just recently tried to get net neutrality killed in favor of letting big business ratfuck you for a few extra dollars. If RBG kicks it while Trump is still in power, expect them to ram through another hard right judge faster than you can blink. And if this thing ever hits the Supreme Court, I guarantee you that they will make the constitution dance on it's head in an effort to make this appear "legal".

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You can be automatically banned just from few player reports (and no, GMs don't review those bans, don't trust them). It's really good that someone tries to change that. Corporations have too much power with too little responsibility.

It's a goddamned game.

It's a VIRTUAL WORLD

Whats going to happen if Blizz decides to shut down the server? The UAW going to get involved and sue to keep them open? WAAAAY too much Government overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post

then they're opened to increasingly punitive measures, eventually concluding in their assets being seized and their company shutdown by court order.
    This court happened in Brazil from what i can gather? so Blizzard can just freely ignore this Brazil has no power over an American company, just look at china rule whatever you want in an American court European court it holds no weight, if this was in America then that changes things.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought Blizzard reserved the right to ban/suspend players for any/no reason in their EULA?
    Or had that not been a thing for a while?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Well look at these forums exact same way.
    No, not the same thing.. So stop believing in bullshit.

Blizzard has automated bans for review.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, not the same thing.. So stop believing in bullshit.

Blizzard has automated bans for review.
    To dislike my opinion is one thing but to tell me not to believe in something is pathetic. Can get report for something for no reason it has happened to me on this forums. Don’t be ignorant.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    https://www.migalhas.com.br/Quentes/...s+a+sua+imagem

happened here in Brazil

player got banned, got into justice and got a sentence favorable to him..

blizz will have to unban him, with all his itens he had on the moment of the ban and pay him R$5.000 for moral damage..

he got banned for illicit attitude inside the game

PS: The news is in portugue, put it on google translate :P
    Blizzard leaving Brazil in 3, 2, 1...

Seriously, I just hope they don't simply ban every single account that has characters in BR realms cause I got a couple in them to play with friends and I ain't done nothin', man.
    Last edited by Weatherwax; 2019-10-26 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Not that I want to derail this into politics, but if you are hoping for the SCOTUS to save you from this shit, you are basically sailing on a flimsy wish and a prayer. The SCOTUS is in the process of being packed by hardline Republican wonks from a party that literally just recently tried to get net neutrality killed in favor of letting big business ratfuck you for a few extra dollars. If RBG kicks it while Trump is still in power, expect them to ram through another hard right judge faster than you can blink. And if this thing ever hits the Supreme Court, I guarantee you that they will make the constitution dance on it's head in an effort to make this appear "legal".
    Where you fail is that the GOP are the ones who are in bed with the ISP's. The proof is your rant about Net Neutrality. So,they are not about to tolerate a bill that allows the states to sue them, and they sure as hell not going to blatantly violate the Constitution to hurt the ISP's. It is amazing that you point to the GOP's removal of Net Neutrality when it actually proves my point even further that this bill would be killed by the SCOTUS. BTW, nothing you doomsayers claimed would happen after the removal of net neutrality has happened.

This bill is a slam dunk to be killed.

You are absolutely and utterly wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
    Blizzard leaving Brazil in 3, 2, 1...

Seriously, I just hope they don't simply ban every single account that has characters in BR realms cause I got a couple in them to play with friends and I ain't done nothin', man.
    They aren't leaving Brazil and they aren't banning anyone. The PR hit for leaving Brazil while still doing business with a communist government holding a long list of human rights violations would be enormous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    This court happened in Brazil from what i can gather? so Blizzard can just freely ignore this Brazil has no power over an American company, just look at china rule whatever you want in an American court European court it holds no weight, if this was in America then that changes things.
    Actually Brazil has power over any business Blizzard does there. Blizzard absolutely has to obey their laws and the laws of any country they do business in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I like how instead of, you know, doing what I asked you just gave me some canned pompous, "you should know," remark.

I looked it up. It's Section 230 a revocation of Section 230 and it's being introduced by a Republican who fears "bias" from tech companies. This bill is so hilariously overbearing that it echoes Orwellian levels of censorship. And the worst part is that people are supporting it because they feel like the "libruhls" have too much control over public discourse. I digress. This is hardly the place to discuss something like this but it does speak volumes to your credibility when you introduce it into the conversation the way you did.
    And that is one whackjob introducing a bill. It ain't even going to get to a vote on the floor and even if it passes the Senate, it dies in the House. It is DOA.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-10-26 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To dislike my opinion is one thing but to tell me not to believe in something is pathetic. Can get report for something for no reason it has happened to me on this forums. Don’t be ignorant.
    Except your comment made it sound like it was an automated reason, which is what I called bullshit. Any infraction you have reserved has been given by a person, can be removed if the wrong person was infracted, or appealed. As well, your view on 'no reason' is not always the same view as the ruleset and moderation team sets. Now, don't be ignorant and stop discussing moderation of MMO-champion in a thread like this. You've had ample amount of chances to discuss that with the moderation team. End of discussion on that subject.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Except your comment made it sound like it was an automated reason, which is what I called bullshit. Any infraction you have reserved has been given by a person, can be removed if the wrong person was infracted, or appealed. As well, your view on 'no reason' is not always the same view as the ruleset and moderation team sets. Now, don't be ignorant and stop discussing moderation of MMO-champion in a thread like this. You've had ample amount of chances to discuss that with the moderation team. End of discussion on that subject.
    You keep thinking that and remain blind but that is all you. Similarities between WoW and Mmo-champions "infractions" that limited the person to speak are identical. But being naive seems to be your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Corporations have too much power with too little responsibility.
    I am in agreement with your statement. Corporations these days have way to much influence - especially on minors - and there's hardly any accountability or boundaries set by society.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that there are a lot of people here expounding in an expert way about this without necessarily knowing anything at all about Brazil's specific laws on the topic.

Re: Hawley and Section 230

This is unlikely to ever become law and even more unlikely to survive a court challenge. In any case, it doesn't apply to Blizzard's moderation systems and would have zero effect on smallish forums such as this one since the minimum size to even be considered is 30,000,000 users.

Mod voice: As such, I don't see why this bill on Section 230 needs further discussion in this thread. It might be a good thread for OT (if there isn't one already) but not so much for here.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-10-26 at 08:11 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep thinking that and remain blind but that is all you. Similarities between WoW and Mmo-champions "infractions" that limited the person to speak are identical. But being naive seems to be your thing.
    No. I know that unlike Blizzard who has an automated service for flood reports, MMO-champion still, at the moment - doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It seems to me that there are a lot of people here expounding in an expert way about this without necessarily knowing anything at all about Brazil's specific laws on the topic.

Re: Hawley and Section 230

This is unlikely to ever become law and even more unlikely to survive a court challenge. In any case, it doesn't apply to Blizzard's moderation systems and would have zero effect on smallish forums such as this one since the minimum size to even be considered is 30,000,000 users.
    Shouldn't be any laws supporting your 'image' just because you get banned..

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't be any laws supporting your 'image' just because you get banned..
    I agree, however, this specific case is something that relates to specific laws and regulations in civil cases in Brazil (something I clearly don't know anything about and won't even try to comment based on a Google translation of a short article). Whether or not that's generally applicable to anywhere else on the planet is another question. I would guess not. This isn't a precedent for anywhere other than Brazil and I very much doubt that it's really anything that Blizzard is overly concerned about.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No. I know that unlike Blizzard who has an automated service for flood reports, MMO-champion still, at the moment - doesn't.
    Scrapbot says hi

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    And what if blizz just refuses to abide by it? Not like the us company is beholden to some random verdict if they dont want to. The EULA/TOS kinda gives them carte blanche to remove access if they choose to
    Bad idea.

Justice will make all isps on brazil to block access to blizzard games and services.

Ps: happened several times with whatsapp appp, that even said they cant sent conversations because the chat is encrypted end to end, and even explaining how thia works, justice still ordered to block it in whole brazil