Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question MMO gaming mouse recommendation?

what do you guys recommend? it seems all of them are kind of okay at best.

what mouse do you guys use?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    i have personally used the SteelSeries World of Warcraft Legendary MMO Gaming Mouse, Logitech's G600 and both the Razer Naga and the Naga Chroma over the course of my MMO gaming career.
    In my personal opinion the Naga Chroma is the best and longest lasting that i have used. i like it best because of space from thumb to buttons, feel of the various buttons around the mouse and overall performance.
    The one i liked the least was the SteelSeries mouse.
    Logitech was both adequate in feel and performed really well, but just didnt have the same overall (pardon the pun....) WOW to it that the Razer had.

i would offer more but its really late and i need sleep, happy mouse trapping!

you can look at this for more help: 8 Best Mice for MMO Gaming
    Last edited by Wramp; 2019-10-26 at 06:36 AM. Reason: added a link

I had been using just a cheapass "gaming" mouses with two side buttons for many many years and was doing just fine.

However, I've been using Razer Naga Trinity for the last year and so far I'm super satisfied. 80% of the time i stick with the 7 button circle side panel, but that 12 buttons one is very handy when I play some specs in WoW to bind all my mouseover macros. Then the possibility of just going back to 2 side buttons is nice in some more fast-paced games when I need the tight grip more than extra buttons (difficult to get a really good grip for me with the 12 buttons side panel).

I wouldn't personally recommend getting only the Naga Chroma (iircs it comes only with the 12 buttons side panel), either get the version with all the side panels - Trinity - or try another mouse as I think it would be frustrating to use the mouse with that piano on the side all the time. It's useful but come on.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can get a logitech G600 go for it, they are mostly sold out. And they don't make more of them. That I know off.
    My personal experience with Razer has been less than stellar.
    i.e. every single one of them has died within 3-6 month.
    Where my G600 is 7 years old and still works.
    It had a hickup short while back, but with some cleaning and resetting some wires it works flawlessly again.
    Currently using a Logitech G502 Hero for everyday use and I switch to my G600 when I play MMO's (which is rarely these days though).
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2019-10-26 at 01:41 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

had a naga chroma for years, the 1 button became unreliable near the end, so i just grabbed a trinity for half price. luckily stumbled upon one.

had the naga trinity for 10 months or so. i thought i'd use the alternative panels a lot more, but i haven't actually swapped from the 12 button in probably 9 months. i think a combination of muscle memory from having the chroma and 12 buttons for so many years now, with me being too lazy to relearn and swap panels every time i play a diff game.

i like them, but i wouldn't want to pay more than 50% of the rrp. gotta hunt the deals down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    what do you guys recommend? it seems all of them are kind of okay at best.

what mouse do you guys use?
    Razer Naga or Corsair Scimitar. These are the only options.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech if you want a mouse that doesnt break in a single year. And i would say its best to test them in your hands as there are different types or sizes.

Also a mouse with a cord....its just has the best control. I use Logitech M500 and it still works fine (for example -- but probaly lacks more buttons for some gamers).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Razer Naga or Corsair Scimitar. These are the only options.
    What about the Logitech G600?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had my current Razer Naga since 2012 and its still working fine If/when this ever breaks I'll be looking at the Corsair Scimitar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    What about the Logitech G600?
    Forgot about that one, though I remembered it didn't really catch my fancy.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Been using Razer Nagas (12 button version) since they came out for like 6-7 years. Got kinda pissed with them cause I had to buy a new one like once a year - no idea if it was just bad luck but they fucking always broke super quickly after absolutely normal usage.

Been using Logitechs G600 since then, only had to get a replacement once because its buttons started double clicking all of the time, first one lasted for like 3 or 4 years though.

Longevity aside, I prefer the G600 over the Naga since it's a bit heavier and bigger, felt a lot better to play with. Logitech also happened to be like 30+ bucks cheaper because Razer decided to raise Naga prices to fucking 90 bucks at some point. I'd probably use a cheaper like 30 bucks model before going back to the Naga, it's just way too expensive for how long it lasted for me in the past. Didn't use any of their software btw, just basic keybindings in wow, so can't really say anything about that.
    Last edited by Gasparde; 2019-10-26 at 04:15 PM.

My favorite gaming mouse is the Steelseries Cataclysm mouse (corded). It doesn't put all the work on your thumb and instead has buttons all over. The only problem is that it is one of a kind; no other mouse has anything resembling the layout it does, so if it breaks (they last about 2-3 years with minor repairs) you can't easily adapt to a different mouse. But I'm ADHD and need my entire hand engaged to keep focus, and it is by far the best mouse for quick reaction buttons like Taunt, Interrupt, and all off-GCDs because you never need to move your thumb off your rotationals. It is also a pretty big mouse, which I have always greatly preferred and find more ergonomic.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2019-10-26 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    If you can get a logitech G600 go for it, they are mostly sold out. And they don't make more of them. That I know off.
    My personal experience with Razer has been less than stellar.
    i.e. every single one of them has died within 3-6 month.
    Where my G600 is 7 years old and still works.
    It had a hickup short while back, but with some cleaning and resetting some wires it works flawlessly again.
    Currently using a Logitech G502 Hero for everyday use and I switch to my G600 when I play MMO's (which is rarely these days though).
    The G600 is currently available at Amazon for $35,it's almost always on sale lately,think Logitech or Amazon are trying to unload inventory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    The G600 is currently available at Amazon for $35,it's almost always on sale lately,think Logitech or Amazon are trying to unload inventory.
    It's fairly old, maybe Logitech are coming out with a newer version with a good sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It's fairly old, maybe Logitech are coming out with a newer version with a good sensor?
    I'm hoping for a G502 body with the G600's side buttons if they decide to update it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for a G502 body with the G600's side buttons if they decide to update it.
    Wouldn't be able to fit the buttons there. The 600 is taller than the 502. I wouldn't mind the thumb rest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    g600 is what I use, also used the hex and hex v2 but razer didn't prove to be very durable, though my girlfriend's naga has endured.
    /s

I've used the same Logitech G5 for well over a decade now and would still recommended it.

Adjustable weight, sensitivity buttons on top, but only two extra buttons.

The price for a new one nowadays is insane though, if you can even find one.
    Edit: checked prices, used ones go for 130 - 180 euro, like new for double that.. brand new, well. Ouch.
    Last edited by Ara Myrr; 2019-10-26 at 08:14 PM.

My Razer naga epic has been going strong since 2012
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

@Saphyron is from the EU, and for whatever reason Logitech stopped selling the G600 in the EU a couple years ago. It's not even listed on their EU website anymore. Maybe they are now ditching it for good. Or are planning to refresh it, since AFAIK it's their only gaming mouse left without the current "G" brand.

I'd be really disappointed if they ditch it, since I've been using it since the day it was released. I still got 3 or so left as a backup, though. Before that I tried the Razor Naga, but it was just too small for my big hands, especially since I'm not using the claw grip.