Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Damn, third time somebody creates a thread about this and many people comment WHILE MY THREAD HAD ONLY ONE COMMENT...

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They have already Kul Tiran rigs. They have Gorian assets. They only need to put ogre parts on Kul Tiran and we are here.
    Hey, I'll take it. You know more of the tech side than I do. Only thing we wouldn't have is a starting zone, but I'm not sure players or devs care about that anymore.

Alliance: High Elf, Dark Iron, LF Undead, Void Elves, Nightborne

Horde: Mag'har, Zandalari, Undead Elite (nathanos etc), Vulpera, Nightborne

I didn't opt for Sethrak on Alliance because they're a mostly unique model, but if that wasn't an issue I'd put them on there too. I also think the NB splitting into two factions with Thalyssra leading the Alliance and Valtrois and Oculeth leading the Horde would have been way more interesting and fitting for the characters, and putting them on both factions would better justify a bit more development time towards making them actually look like Nightborne instead of night elves on LSD.

3+ Year Old Account
    Nagas
    Dryads
    The Walrus people I forgot their name
    Ethereals
    Straight up YAKS dude, yes Yaks. Not humanoid yaks like tauren, I mean on all fours ramming people with their head fuck yeah lets go!
    Ogres
    Makrura or whatever the crab people are called

I want crazy races, the further away possible from humanoids and copy/pastas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Hey, I'll take it. You know more of the tech side than I do. Only thing we wouldn't have is a starting zone, but I'm not sure players or devs care about that anymore.
    They just give a recruitment questline. For ogres it could be deposing of Malus and uniting ogres in Dire Maul.

Also, thanks. I am not modeller but I am trying to know something about theory of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    That would probably be mok'nathal, not ogres. Rexxar uses a Kul'Tiran base model/rig. Ogres would actually probably use a customized pandaren model/rig, all things considered, with more muscular arms and smaller heads.
    Both of them could work with Kul Tiran rigs. Ogres even look like Kul Tirans
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Human: Kul Tiran

Dwarf: Wildhammer

Gnome: Junker Gnomes

Night Elf: Nightborne (Horde)

Draenei: Broken

Worgen: Sethrak (Horde)

Orc: Mag’har

Undead: Redeemed (Alliance)

Trolls: Forest Trolls

Tauren: Highmountain Tauren

Blood Elf: High Elf (Alliance)

Goblin: Vulpera
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf: Dark Iron, Wildhammer, and Frostborn. I know Frostborn aren't as popular, but I personally think they look badass (and would be even more so with model updates and some fleshing out), so if I were Supreme Dictator of WoW, playable Frostborn dwarves would 100% be a thing.

Tauren: Taunka. Just because I want to make a taunka warrior and name him Taunkatruck.

Human: Vrykul. I think a vrykul warrior would look pretty badass.

Troll: Sand trolls.

Orc: Fel orcs. Although I'm not sure how to best fit redeemed (or at least redeemed enough to be playable characters) fel orcs into the story.

Forsaken: various undead races instead of just undead humans. Although I imagine reskinning every race in game to look undead with multiple face/hair options and everything would be a ton of work. I still think it'd be cool though.

Gnome: Leper gnomes who have regained enough of their sanity over the years.

Night elf: Maybe redeemed Naga who decided to ditch Azshara. I dunno.

Draenei: Maybe Eredar who are no longer with the Legion (since we defeated the Legion) but aren't welcome among the draenei, so they join the Horde? Or Broken.

Goblin, worgen, and pandaren....I dunno. Drawing blanks on all of those.

Also, allied races would be playable from expansion release, no rep levels or anything required. Each would have a unique, instanced starting experience up to a certain level.

edit: Also I think ogres should be a playable Horde race. I think we're very long overdue for that. And by that, I mean they should be a main playable race, not an "allied" race. Although if we had an ogre allied race, something like the Ogri'la faction from BC as an Alliance-playable allied ogre race would probably work (so Horde gets the base ogres, Alliance gets the Ogri'la allied race ogres).
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-10-25 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuskarr
    Vrykul
    Grummel

Those are the races I've always wanted in WoW. Tuskarr for Horde and Vrykul for Alliance or vice versa. I think they'd go well with either side. Grummels could then initially be a neutral race at the start but then you can choose which side to join after their starting area.

Hozen and Jinyu would be good additions as well since they've already chosen sides. Ogres too I think are long overdue to become a playable race but I'm not sure who would be their Alliance counterparts. Naga would be fine if they actually had legs instead of a snake body. They could probably fix this by adding in some sort of lore that explains how the Naga could evolve into bi-pedal beings. Would be interesting to see them fight with the Jinyu.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They just give a recruitment questline. For ogres it could be deposing of Malus and uniting ogres in Dire Maul.

Also, thanks. I am not modeller but I am trying to know something about theory of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Both of them could work with Kul Tiran rigs. Ogres even look like Kul Tirans
    That looks pretty good as far as a playable Ogre, they'd just need to figure out how to make two-headed models and maybe tweaking the proportions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    He is a Highmountain Tauren.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Trag_Highmountain

He is a Tauren of the Highmountain tribe, which, at the time of this comic (Dating back some 10ish years ago), was nothing more then a minor Tauren tribe in the Horde. NO relation to the Broken Isles, the zone Highmountain, NOR the antlered Highmountain Tauren. Shared name, completely different races.

Face it - Antlered Tauren was totally pulled from Blizzard's ass during Legion. Sure, did the lore characters exist before hand? Yes. Did they have antlers? !@#$ no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Trag_Highmountain

He is a Tauren of the Highmountain tribe, which, at the time of this comic (Dating back some 10ish years ago), was nothing more then a minor Tauren tribe in the Horde. NO relation to the Broken Isles, the zone Highmountain, NOR the antlered Highmountain Tauren. Shared name, completely different races.

Face it - Antlered Tauren was totally pulled from Blizzard's ass during Legion. Sure, did the lore characters exist before hand? Yes. Did they have antlers? !@#$ no.
    Why would a Highmountain Tauren not be from the actual Highmountain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Why would a Highmountain Tauren not be from the actual Highmountain?

Because Trag Highmountain predates Legion by nearly 10 entire years. Because the story development team in Wrath was composed of entirely different people then the story development team in Legion.

Read the article in question to find out more about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Because Trag Highmountain predates Legion by nearly 10 entire years. Because the story development team in Wrath was composed of entirely different people then the story development team in Legion.

Read the article in question to find out more about it.
    And? Highmountain has been in lore since before Legion and since before Wrath of the Lich King.