Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My Orc Warlock main as well as my Sin'dorei Mage don't give any craps. First because he is evil either ways, second because the Kaldorei tried to invade the Ghostlands, supported Dalaran openly when the Purge happened and allowed the Highborne to rejoin their society while they still trashtalk the Sin'dorie at the same time. Tree had it coming. And then we roast some sausages and Porks over it. Crispy. Cheers.

With violence.

Deleted
    My Night elf Demon Hunters hungers for vengeance and views it as her doing what she always did: Hunting demons. She views them as in essence the same, both the Legion and the Hordes. Mad Death Cults, formed around death drive and nihilism. So she hunts demons, be they Sayaad or Blood Elves, Pit Lords or Orcs, Nathrezim or Undead. They are all the same and they all deserve to die and be fed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There is nothing to reconcile. Alliance got what they deserve. It was an eye for an eye act.
    There certainly is if you're a druid or shaman against destroying natural monuments or an honorable warrior against killing civilians...even just someone tactical who would find killing a shit ton of civilians illogical, due to it just drawing the entirety Alliance into war and destroying your one major bargaining chip.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Its not Horde who made extermination orders to "wipe out" those of different races.
    I don't think either faction ever did that, especially not the Boy King's Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    my nightborne feels terrible.
    unlike the other nightborne she doesn't feel anger or hatred towards the night elves.
    that she witnessed such a disaster filled her heart with sorrow.

while my night elf priestess wants to rip the heart out of every horde member.
    she not only lost her home, but also her little sister.
    Aww, bless, I don't think any nightborne are angry with the night elves 2lore wise,they have no reason to be and rather instead entirely indebted to them. It is the alliance night elves who defended Suramar, when they were all one people, and pressed on to Zin'azshari to stop Azshara and the Legion, the city of Tel'anor is full of the kaldorei dead who died defending their city and people, and the alliance kaldorei were thought to have perished in their efforts.

The truth of this should have dawned when the shield came down, and if not, they will begin to know when news amd accounts start trickling down, they now will have discovered these guys are the real reason Suramar is still standing and Azeroth isnt overrun with demons, cos if the legion had won, having that shieldmup would have made no difference to the likesmof Sargeras, and a dead Azeroth would have led to a dead night elven suramar.

Add to that, it is the alliance kaldorei that help equally with the horde blood elves in saving the city in 7.1 and on top of that all the helping the broken isle nightnelves do in 7.0 for the shal'aran effort, without a doubt there is no racial hatred to towards their kind, unlike the blood elves who have racial hatred towards kaldorei the lore states.

It is why people are still surprised that group of nightborne join the horde, nut they do so in friendship of the blood elves, not in hate of the night elves. They also dont commit any troops to the war of thorns effort, and the whole thing is very much against Thalyssra's character.
    Further alliance night elves dont have any hate towards the nightborne either, choosing to be friends with the blood elves is not sufficient reason for night elf types. Night elves aren't really shown to hate the blood elves anywhere near as much as the blood elves are shown to hate them - they aren't the hate types, unless you are pure evil like the Legion.

My Night Elf Toon
    My night elf is very angry with the horde at the moment, and the sentiments Azshara had against lesser races is been reason. My nightnelf is hurt that any elf, even blood elves took part, and mourns how lost our kin have become, not understanding how fierce their hate is.

He is disappointed that the nightborne joined the horde, realizing they were dazzled by appearances and not substance in the typical vain fashion of how his people were in the period around the first invasion of the Legion. He doesn't hate them, but is sad of their decision and wonders if they understood what they were getting into by siding with them.

My Blood Elf
    My blood elf doesn't like the war of thorns business at all, this is savage and beneath the high calling, at first it felt good for payback for the exile, but by the time Teldrassil happened he realised this was not worth it.

The whole war he knew was a human/orc ego trip, and at first vengeance was sweet, but not like this. When did the elves lose it so?

Void Elf
    My void elf, felt for the nightnelves, and hates the horde more, thoroughly convicted leaving the blood elves was the right choice seeing the savagery they have descended to by participating in this, he is convinced Sylvanas will lead his people to damnation and is now convinced the forsaken help for the blood elves was Main a means to enslave the blood elves to her will and provide more dark ranger corpses. He hates the horde with a passion for it.

He also fascinated by the dark moon and the void arcane combo, he is in Darkshore all the time and is pushing for the void elves to rebuild kaldorei ties and investigate Elune

Niightborne Toon
    My nightborne refused to do it, and would jump at the chance to switch sides. Has no confidence in the horde effort, these are not the people we should be fighting, he still sees himself as kaldorei, ànd the nobility in the race. He views the Darnassians with secret admiration for going so long without magic. He knows what the arcane means to a night elf, and when he discovered the reason they let it go was to prevent the Legion returning, he feels he owes them, they sacrificed something immeasurably precious for everyone's sake and through this and 7.1, they defended Suramar despite their views recently and 10,000 years ago in the War of the Ancients and are the reason Azshara didn't win and also helped a lot again.

Withering would have consumed them and addiction unsolved without them too. While he initially was more drawn to the civilization the blood elves had maintained, he realises it was hasty, though backward appearing, their was far more nobility in the kaldorei, even in their humble surroundings, their nobility shone like a beacon, and he hadn't realised the shen'dralar were with them, nor that their were high elves and void elves too on the same side. He is now convinced the horde is the wrong place for him.

He refuses to assault the alliance, but will help defend the Zandalari against their attacks and incursions.

He enjoys the blood elf friendship, but wishes he could quell their hate for his kin...he finds it odd that elves hate elves.

He believes that all elven kind should come together again with the spirit of nobility Thalyssra shows and that the Kaldorei display

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    My Blood Elf cheers on the fire and thinks to himself "That's your fault for the shit you did in Quel'thalas unprovoked. I could have been there with you and helped defend your home, now I help set it ablaze."
    I don't understand this at all, night elves weren't invading Quel'thalas, spying in theirnparanoia that blood elves were reckless, which made the blood elves furious enough to kill them, but they didn't go there to kill blood elves, my blood wolf's hate for the night elves has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with the pointless exile that nearly killed them and cut them off from everything they had a right to. To while the old high elf self would make peace and move on like the noble soul they are, the blood elf still raw from the scourge definition, views such nobility as weak and blames the nightnelves for the scourge too and all the struggles ever encountered by their people
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-08-20 at 01:10 PM.

My night elf rogue has forgone all other ambitions and activities. She used to strive for riches and glory in the arena, but now she has submerged herself in the hatred of those who burned her home. She has become single minded and dishes out fury on any unfortunate Horde that crosses her path, no matter if they are civillian or soldiers. If they are Horde, they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the character.
    Here is my Troll family.

The second eldest, my male Troll Druid,
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...zfO8wZm8zVV87M
    He fought many wars and for a longer time he's a fierce leading commander. He's a most vicious Troll, many of his soldiers are afraid for him. The younger ones do not dare to look at him in the eyes, because they will only see death and hated. Between the wars he lives in the jungle, prowling in the thick jungle, killing anything what disturbes him, and for fun and practice. Rumors say he still practices cannibalism.
    About Teldrassil, he just joined another war: those rotten Night Elves, they deserved it. And, I follow my Warchief.

My young female Troll Shaman.
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...7cVKY808Ahg808
    She was pregnant during her attack on Teldrassil, so she did follow her warchief. But everything in her body reacted as this was a big mistake, a very bad choice. Thats why she left immediatly the battlefield and went to Echo Isles to cunsult Master Gadrin about this.

The oldest of the siblings, but not old, my male Troll Priest-Witchdoctor.
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...Y87VWdk8zLO87M
    He's very wise and a strategist-commander, so he joined his warchief in her battle for Teldrassil, but silently he questioned her choices.
    Following the path of light, he's looking for alternate options, questioning: Am I the only one?

Male Troll DK,
    Devoid of emotions he took battle.
    But, then at the time he returned as a DK (wotlk), he found it was only his family who still took care for him and believed in him.
    So this is his main goal, taking care for his family, he only lives for them, no one else. Anyone who would threaten his family, will have to pay for it with death.

And then their is the youngest, he's a Troll Hunter.
    He's special. A blink with his eye and the mentioned animal will follow him, just like that. It looks like he's a close relationship with the more primal and dinosaur animals, they just come from the wild to only greet him. He was too young to join in this battle.

My younger male Troll Warlock
    The more fear and violence, the more he enjoys.
    He's a dangerous wacko.

Last but not least, their is an elder sister, a Troll Mage.
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...8081M808BWj87c
    At a young age she went to Dalaran to study with the best, now she's a real Arcanist, almost stepping into the ranks of commander.
    As she's highly intelligent she looks and thinks for herself. At the moment of the burning of Teldrassil, she was not present as she was studying somewhere in the world, or beyond. She has her doubts about the actions of warchief Sylvanas, she's looking for alternate options.

--Edit
    Then there is also my female Troll Monk.
    She was adopted in this family, her own family died when their boat sunk in a big storm.
    She was not at this battle, as she was training with her monk masters.
    Last edited by Obvious10; 2019-01-23 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. Choosing Horde in Classic was a very concise decision based on the WC3 Horde, and i have often thought about how my characters react to the ongoing story, i have lost all connection to it half a year ago.

I can go with ruthless. Being in a war sometimes requires it. Burning the tree because it is so heavily defended? Ruthless but understandable. Burning it down because of evil? No!

So for my part: I raid, which is still fun, but i try to ignore the story as best as i can.

Not my story anymore.

Hopefully Teldrassil will be restored/regrown sometime in the future.(I would love to see an updated night elf starting zone!) From a roleplay standpoint I can't reconcile. Also, Sylvannas must be stopped

My main has been pissed about the leadership of Tyrande/Malfurion since vanilla. Also pissed that Jarod Shadowsong doesnt take up the leadership mantle and run away like a coward.

After the burning of Teldrassil she has gone lone wolf and trying to kill every troll/orc/undead/goblin with a far greater passion than in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

My main has been pissed about the leadership of Tyrande/Malfurion since vanilla. Also pissed that Jarod Shadowsong doesnt take up the leadership mantle and run away like a coward.

After the burning of Teldrassil she has gone lone wolf and trying to kill every troll/orc/undead/goblin with a far greater passion than in the past.

nelf became exceedingly vengeful and hating of the horde, and especially the Nightborne, which she spent great efforts in helping, only for them to betray her kin.

void elf is extremely disappointed in what happened, seeing it as nothing more than old god manipulation to pit the factions against one another. She aided in healing refugees flooding into the city.

My main is a troll warrior. He naively believed in propaganda about the strategic benefits of taking over Teldrassil; when it was burned, he felt so bad that he fell into partial denial and actually helped an Alliance captive escape the battlefield. It was basically the main point of a story I wrote in reaction to the cinematic of the burning. His loyalty is conflicted and he starts to lose faith in what he’s fighting for, touched on in another story.

I imagine that he eventually joins the rebels against Sylvanas over it. It’s likely a common reaction among many Warcraft players - he’ll kill if he thinks it’s justified, but when it’s unjustified, he’ll draw a line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    nelf became exceedingly vengeful and hating of the horde, and especially the Nightborne, which she spent great efforts in helping, only for them to betray her kin.

void elf is extremely disappointed in what happened, seeing it as nothing more than old god manipulation to pit the factions against one another. She aided in healing refugees flooding into the city.

I like how you manage to have two characters with such differing perspectives. It takes skill to balance the opposing points of view with one player. I wonder, if the two characters met, how would they react to each other when the subject of Teldrassil’s burning is brought up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    My main is a troll warrior. He naively believed in propaganda about the strategic benefits of taking over Teldrassil; when it was burned, he felt so bad that he fell into partial denial and actually helped an Alliance captive escape the battlefield. It was basically the main point of a story I wrote in reaction to the cinematic of the burning. His loyalty is conflicted and he starts to lose faith in what he’s fighting for, touched on in another story.

I imagine that he eventually joins the rebels against Sylvanas over it. It’s likely a common reaction among many Warcraft players - he’ll kill if he thinks it’s justified, but when it’s unjustified, he’ll draw a line.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how you manage to have two characters with such differing perspectives. It takes skill to balance the opposing points of view with one player. I wonder, if the two characters met, how would they react to each other when the subject of Teldrassil’s burning is brought up?
    Velf would try for a time to convince nelf it's a bad idea that just plays into the hands of greater threats, but after it goes nowhere, she wishes her luck and drops it, understanding that the nelves are in a ways, justified for their anger.

I come to this conclusion because of having conversations with vengeful types on said velf, and it going that way. Once or twice with a threat of violence if she tried anymore to change their mind. At that point, it was a shrug and basically "suit yourself".
    Last edited by Dastreus; 2019-10-15 at 10:03 AM.

Any one of my horde characters would have tried to murder sylvanis on the spot and/or stop the catapults. Some would have formally challenged her im sure, but my warlock would have just lit her soul on fire the moment they saw what happened.

Not only was is morally reprehensible, but it was stupid. Anyone with eyes could see that this phony war would only have spiraled out of control after this kind of atrocity. Say ehat youbwill about anduin's failure to retake darkshore, he did immediately retaliate with an invasion of tirisfal. That was the obvious conclusion to the burning and saurfang said as much right afterwards.

Slumming it up in Stormwind next to Topper McNabb.

Honestly I still wonder how can you burn a living tree which stands in water. Still dont know how Velen not foresaw it or why Jaina didn't showed up with that magical ship.
    To answer the question, when i did the evacuation quest i almost cried and i was very angry at blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    Honestly I still wonder how can you burn a living tree which stands in water. Still dont know how Velen not foresaw it or why Jaina didn't showed up with that magical ship.
    To answer the question, when i did the evacuation quest i almost cried and i was very angry at blizzard.
    Isn’t your strong emotional reaction proof that it’s good storytelling, though? A writer’s goal is to elicit a visceral, heartfelt reaction from the reader/viewer. The tragedy of what happened, and the realism of the suffering, is supposed to make us angry, right?

Isn’t your strong emotional reaction proof that it’s good storytelling, though? A writer’s goal is to elicit a visceral, heartfelt reaction from the reader/viewer. The tragedy of what happened, and the realism of the suffering, is supposed to make us angry, right?
    Well, not if it's left there like the Burning of Teldrassil. This would be good entertainment in a TV show episode where you can switch to the comedy show 10 minutes later. For an immersive experience it's just bad to leave the audience in a place of misery like the storytellers have left the nelf players and never picked them up again.

In Theory: Yes

Now that the expansion is over, though, i have to say: No.

BFA gave me absolutely no opportunity to actually fight for/against the cause of this anger. At no point we were allowed to go against Sylvanas or Nathanos. The closest we got was the Tyrande questline, which ended with her killing a Valkyr who nobody knew before this quest and nobody will miss after. Instead, we had to watch and then fight two more of our own heroes.

And now that all is over it is already established that even Tyrande is only going after Sylvanas while all of the thousand murderers in the Horde ranks get away blame free and can even call themselves victims of this conflict somehow?

No. Sorry but no. This is just not good enough. Yes, a good story should have the freedom to make you feel sad/angry from time to time. Totally right. But it should never get to a point where there is no possible outcome that even in the most remote senses reconciles this anger.

If Blizzard was not willing to let us go after the Horde - ALL of them who took part in this genocide - then they should not have opened up the story like this. I do not play games to feel like a hopeless victim. This is not the narrative i am looking for in games. And i dare to say: This is true for most players.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-10-26 at 07:23 PM.