Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Last year they had like 3 or 4 different shows at once, but I haven't seen any announcements of who this year.
    I thought it was accepted that it was imagine dragons and noone else

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ladies and gents I think we got 'em.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    So, devil's advocate.

What if the logo, product names, and art print image have distinguishable artifacts because they're literally seperate assets on the webpage, and will be "censored" until after the reveal?

The blue eyes seem intentional whether it's a hoax or not, because it's so easy to correct and the rest of the image is so well done it's hard to imagine it being a mistake. Why rush that one thing? Maybe in the cinematic his eyes change to convey he's lost his will, or because he's using necromantic powers?
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-10-26 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Nothing has been debunked. People just speculate at this point. I am on the side that this is real. No one in their right mind will take this much effort to make a fake leak less than a week before the announcement. Not to mention this is an anonymous leak, so no one gets "internet points" as some people said.
    Remember the shadowlands pics from earlier???

All high effort
    All BS

This was Photoshop

1. The head just seems off
    2. The items saying "mystery item" and then the name of the item
    3. In the Lea thread someone posted a pic of the video game mob that is used in the cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    So, devil's advocate.

What if the logo, product names, and art print image have distinguishable artifacts because they're literally seperate assets on the webpage, and will be "censored" until after the reveal?

The blue eyes seem intentional, whether it's fake or not, because it's so easy to correct and the rest of the image is so well done it's hard to imagine it being an mistake. Why rush that one thing? Maybe in the cinematic his eyes change to convey he's lost his will, or because he's using necromantic powers?
    The artifacts are from JPG compression not because of functional features.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    3. In the Lea thread someone posted a pic of the video game mob that is used in the cinematic
    Where? Is there a link?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    JPG compression? Centered entirely over the text?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ladies and gents I think we got 'em.
    Let's be fair we got em since the shadowfall leak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Also:

- Blue eyes with red body looks like shit. Regardless of any lore that would justify it, it's a bad design choice.

- Making another expansion/cinematic about the Lich King is too much of a low hanging fruit even for Blizzard.

- Shadowlands as the expansion name is lame. TBC wasn't WoW: Outland, and WotLK wasn't WoW: Northrend. It's also too predictable, 90% of the leaks have been about the Shadowlands because it's the logical place for Sylvanas to go to after BfA, but no expansion before has been a logical step after the previous one. Even Legion, the most straight forward one, took place in a "continent" that basically didn't exist before.

The Bolvar image is well done. I haven't been able to find the hammer anywhere, the lighting is correct, and despite the low quality of the crop, it looks like it's taken from a high quality source. But unless they've really dropped the ball with this one, I have to assume it's fake.
    Agree with everything you said. Unless his eyes only turn blue for a moment (in which case, why make that into a print?), I can't see Blizzard making his eyes blue while the rest of his body is literally on fire. It looks bad from a design perspective.

Because the pre-reveal pamphlet doesn't have "LOL SHADOWLANDS" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Agree with everything you said. Unless his eyes only turn blue for a moment (in which case, why make that into a print?), I can't see Blizzard making his eyes blue while the rest of his body is literally on fire. It looks bad from a design perspective.
    Because he looks like Arthas? That's the point. Look at his new armor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Another reason why the Bolvar image is fake: Who the fuck would have the balls to remove the remaining armor pieces that are melted to his body?

Also no legit Blizzard art prints I have found have been cropped that shitty.
    Think the main argument for why it is shit is because its a mockup done in a photo editin program(photosho) of how the webpage/pamphlet should look and not the final design
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

This thread isn't the same without you know who defending dumb arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The only way that works is if the eyes are meant to draw our attention. And that would mean they're important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    A lot of masterbaiters in this thread.
    Masterbaiters. Yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Small community of very talented photoshoppers?
    Evidently something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post

Where? Is there a link?
    Currently going back to work but I think by page 3 someone linked the pic

It's a risen knight or something

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    Finally some good leaks. This leak season has been garbage until now lol
    Yeah, very boring leak season.

The only way that works is if the eyes are meant to draw our attention. And that would mean they're important.
    They could paste a dickbutt on his forehead. It would draw our attention just fine. And it'd look just as horrible.

Lots of sharp edges between a bright background and a "darker" forground... it's like JPG wasn't made for that and the compression has trouble with it.

You have to realize that ELA isn't necessarily a hard science. There's plenty of jank to make this a fake, don't just focus on one thing that could be easily dismissed and certainly don't act like the method is perfect and foolproof, it does nothing but make you appear even less credible than that image.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    So, devil's advocate.

The blue eyes seem intentional whether it's a hoax or not, because it's so easy to correct and the rest of the image is so well done it's hard to imagine it being a mistake. Why rush that one thing? Maybe in the cinematic his eyes change to convey he's lost his will, or because he's using necromantic powers?
    Arthas had finished off Ner'zhul in or before WotlK and death knights deal with the last remaining traces of Arthas and Ner'zhul in Frostmourne. They gave Bolvar a firey theme for a reason and like people like @Soulwind have been saying it is a terrible design choice to have him with blue eyes and everything else burning. If they wanted to show that the Bolvar we know is lost they could have easily had him and his weapon burning with blue flames which would look much better.

There are only two reasons why he would have blue eyes and the rest of his body is firey and they are:

1. The person photo shopped the helmet on and either didn't have the skill or the time to change the eyes.
    or
    2. The person who "leaked" the image wanted to make sure everyone knew it was the Lich Kng Bolvar and not just some random thing from the internet.

There is no reason for Blizzard to have different colors as any players will either learn whats going on in the game/books. It would be totally pointless and extremely bad art design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Think the main argument for why it is shit is because its a mockup done in a photo editin program(photosho) of how the webpage/pamphlet should look and not the final design
    Why wouldn't they use a placeholder image then?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2019-10-26 at 09:51 PM.

I agree with what many already said about editing the eyes being obvious and something the leaker couldn't have missed or slacked off.

Makes me think, could the 9.0 cinematic feature Bolvar getting overtaken by the Lich King completely?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I agree with what many already said about editing the eyes being obvious and something the leaker couldn't have missed or slacked off.

Makes me think, could the 9.0 cinematic feature Bolvar getting overtaken by the Lich King completely?
    Boy, wouldn't that be boring.