Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Definitely the fact that I can watch far more Netflix in Classic ... just had no time in Retail.

Between the hours spent walking around and the hours spent waiting for a spawn and the hours spent killing boars until you find one with a heart - you get to go through whole seasons of Netflix shows.

Also - as an anti social person, I love how Classic discourages grouping up by ensuring that that rare as hell boar heart only drops for one person in the group.

Also love how I don't get to do dungeons - doing dungeons in Retail was so painful, but in Classic they aren't an option.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Lots of trolls responded to this simple question!

Marked and ignored. Thanks!

The fact that there's not a bunch of stupid shit I have to do between raids. I can log in for two hours, do my thing and be done for the week. It's so much more casual friendly and accessible compared to retail, I have so much free time to play other games, BfA feels like a second job that you don't even like.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    The fact that I can see and quest in the old world again. I wasn't crazy about what Cataclysm did to a lot of the older areas, especially Southshore and Wetlands. Also, I didn't play on private servers, so all my memories of Classic WoW up until it re-released were like 13+ years old, which made the game feel somewhat fresh and new to me.

Ironforge as the player-chosen Alliance capital city again. I've been sick of Stormwind for a while now on live WoW.

Leveling feels a lot more fun and challenging to me when everyone isn't decked out in heirlooms. Still nowhere near as challenging as it was the first time I played (because I barely knew what I was doing in 2005), but you can't just charge into a camp of bad guys who are 3+ levels higher than you and kill them all in Classic like you can on live.

No CRZ.

Far more friendly to the casual player (like me) than BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplefire View Post
    Community, you have to play with friends/guildies to reach your goal
    LOL - that is funny.

Managed to get a single run as DPS (DM) ... Classic is more solo than Retail by a long shot.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

For me what is great about classic and I would love to see them implement back into retail:
    - The old talent tree system that actually rewards you for leveling. The current talent tree should be end game only.
    - I think a hybrid of the preset builds vs total freedom for spec choice would give a better roleplay feeling.
    - Mobs hitting harder
    - No titanforging/warforging.

The rest I just don't care for.

Things classic could implement from retail:
    - 'Heroic' dungeons. Not so much a heroic mode as make all dungeons available for lvl 60 so people have more gear choice and more so, gear looks choice.
    - Graphic updates, classic really looks like a relic. Holds up better then some old games, but it still is disturbing.
    Last edited by Eucep; 2019-10-26 at 01:26 PM.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Level(ing) and gear(ing) aren't end-all, be-all. I spent last night farming, then helping some lowbies in what turned into back-and-forth skirmishes. Didn't push the XP bar one millimeter but feel more fulfilled than if I'd been grinding bear hinds. Plus, a L51, a L48 and me, a L40, took on a pair of 60s at one point. Created a memory, teamed with some cool people. That's just great.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Level(ing) and gear(ing) aren't end-all, be-all. I spent last night farming, then helping some lowbies in what turned into back-and-forth skirmishes. Didn't push the XP bar one millimeter but feel more fulfilled than if I'd been grinding bear hinds. Plus, a L51, a L48 and me, a L40, took on a pair of 60s at one point. Created a memory, teamed with some cool people. That's just great.
    These are things that make wow great, and are in no way unique to classic at all. I'm glad you had fun though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Purplefire View Post
    Community, you have to play with friends/guildies to reach your goal

I like the fact that you already know what will happens in the next phases, so you don't feel to rush everything, you have your time to plan ahead
    Hahahahahhaha you have to be joking, right? The hardest content in the entire game was defeated by pugs just days after launch. Read these forums, most of the threads are complaining about the community - loot ninjas, guild drama, more loot drama, and some loot drama.

If you choose to join a guild and run with them, things MIGHT be easier, but to openly lie and claim there is content that you can't just run in a pug.......it's honestly like you guys think no one else plays classic, and no one is going to call you out on your bold face lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    The incentive to group up is much bigger than in modern WoW. And when you group up, social interactions happen.
    I don't agree at all. Thanks to the way quest drops work, you are actively discouraged from grouping. There is far more incentive to group up in retail, and far more opportunities to.

It has substantially less group content at max level as well, so I couldn't disagree more.

The ability to "be done" with your character. My druid and warlock are both 60 and fully pre-BiS. I only log on them to raid, craft, or help out the guild. Gold isn't an issue yet, and likely won't be until AQ40 & Naxx, so I haven't been farming too much. I was lucky and sniped a few Foror's for sub 500 and flipped them for 2.5k each, so I'm sitting at nearly 10k with other flips I did.

On retail I was spending an ungodly amount of time running Mythic+ and pushing keys, which, in hindsight, wasn't very fun.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    LOL - that is funny.

Managed to get a single run as DPS (DM) ... Classic is more solo than Retail by a long shot.
    maybe roll a tank, you'll get tons of groups.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    These are things that make wow great, and are in no way unique to classic at all. I'm glad you had fun though.
    I played retail for 8 years and quit because this never happened any longer. It happens all the time in Classic. Say what you want, but I"ve experienced the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    I played retail for 8 years and quit because this never happened any longer. It happens all the time in Classic. Say what you want, but I"ve experienced the difference.
    I played retail for 15 years, and still play because this still happens and nothing has changed. Say what you want, but I've experienced the similarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    That makes no sense - how will rolling a tank get me any more runs as DPS ?

Quote Originally Posted by bulutooth23 View Post
    nothing its not good.
    Tier 2 paladin set is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    No AP.
    No legendaries.
    No essences.
    No time gates outside raiding.
    No titanforging.

Just a simple basic game. Play game, get loot that makes you stronger. I also like that I don't have to worry about balance, I can choose a good class ahead of time and know it's going to be fine. Also like that the professions matter more than live.

It's not that it's stunningly awesome, it's just missing all the bloat and crap that ruin retail.
    You think classic has no legendaries? You think classic has no timegating? You guys are always able to amaze me.

None that I need to worry about. I'm a healer. And what timegating does it have? So far I haven't encountered any. You have grinds but you can just go at your own pace.
    So because you dont want the legendaries, they dont exist? The level of dishonesty in the classic fanbase is astonishing. Entire components such as pvp have been held back, which i dont have an issue with, but to suddenly pretend there is no timegating in classic is mind blowing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    This is the core of Classic - dont play what you want and enjoy, if you want to be part of groups, play what everyone else wants you to. As a reluctant tank in retail, im not saying that it doesnt still exist, and im not a fan of "bring the player, not the class", as i think it was a shifting point in the game where homogenization started to be the "solution" to everything (along with arenas and more recently M+, which only made the situation worse)

Questing feels more like an adventure. It is more challenging and the rewards feel more rewarding. I actually make friends when have to group up for dungeons and group quests. Leveling feels great! Ding!

There are lots of things about retail that are better better than Classic, I think that is obvious, but I can't stop playing Classic, (I've tried to jump back into retail and work on quests or alts or Vol'dunai rep but it just feels so boring). There is a reason it was called World of Warcrack, it is just so addictive.

Classic was made great for me through completely starting fresh and having a pretty extensive leveling grind ahead of me (I really like leveling characters). Even the most hardcore people took 3-4 days to get from 1-60 whereas with each new expansion (granted theres only 10 new levels or 5 in two cases) people are at the new level cap in 1-2 days the most hardcore of which are sometimes at the new level cap the same day as the x-pac was released.

I also enjoy the gearing experience. I find there's probably an equal chance of getting loot in a raid/dungeon as there is in retail (maybe a bit less of a chance in a classic raid than retail) however I know that the piece of loot that I win in classic is a piece I'll 100% be using. No personal loot, no loot having random stats or random enhancements on it, WF/TF yadda yadda yadda the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    New content, new game. Outside of that I don't intend to stay that long into the game. Class design and other blatant issues I have with the game stops it from being "great". I'm having fun playing warrior tank and spamming some dungeons here and there along with the weekly raid but it just feels so unfinished atm.
    "new" doesn't fit anywhere with classic
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

I'm not pretending. They effectively don't exist for my class unless somehow some group decided (stupidly) to give a priest atiesh. This is just true. In order to be 100% honest, I should have said something like "99.5% fewer legendaries" but I figured people wouldn't nitpick. Silly me. And this is an improvement over the bullshit grinds that we've had to deal with in the three expansions prior to legion.

Otherwise I just asked an honest question. I'm new to classic, hit max level, about halfway through MC, killed Onyxia, have yet to encounter a time gate like we see on live all the time (rep grinds with 3 quests a day, slowly, slowly unlocking artifact stuff with knowledge making it impossible to get ahead, etc.). Where are they? If they're everywhere as you said you should be able to easily provide examples; instead you just seem primed to go off on a rant about the astonishing "dishonesty in the classic fanbase" by finding loopholes in what I say.

Been thinking about this for a bit. I guess the one time gate I do see is in arcanite transmutes. But that has a purpose: putting a time gate on it makes it valuable and gives a source of income to alchemists. This is fine.
    How many Legos do you think bfa has? Maybe you would care to explain that "loophole"

I have you one major example - the gated release of bgs and honor system.

I hate gating. I want to be able to farm for 3 hours when I have the chance. I don't have consistant game time windows. The neck in bfa is an optional grind for MOST players, with only the extreme pointy end of players chasing high levels.

I agree gating is shit, but I'm saying that pretending classic isn't gated is a bit crazy. Again, I appreciate WHY it's gated, but it certainly is.

Maybe you are referring more to gated grinds with daily / weekly caps? The only one I found frustrating was flying, and although I wish it wasn't there, it's not much different to the grind for gold for mounts / riding in vanilla.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-26 at 11:57 PM.