Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukachu View Post
    Three and a half years ago the British public voted to leave the European Union. Three and a half years later, we're still in the European Union. Those who lost the vote have done everything in their power and even created new powers to stymie the democratic will of the people of Britain. From the offset when the vote was cast and the outcome announced, they changed project fear with project lie and betray.

The British people knew what they voted for, David Cameron sent every home in Britain a leaflet detailing what both outcomes would bring, every news channel, radio station, magazine and newspaper detailed what both outcomes would bring. Yet the British people voted to leave none the less. They believe in a greater United Kingdom than that which it would be if it remained in the European Union and had its power further curtailed by an offshore superstate.

Parliament did not get the outcome it wanted, a remainer MP was put into the seat of the Prime Minister. A remainer was in charge of delivering Britain's exit from the EU. At every turn parliament put roadblocks in the way of brexit happening. Some random remainer women took it to court and demanded that the courts force the government to bring everything to parliament to be voted on. The court in question, which by the way was installed by the Labour Party in the naughtys and have since brexit was cast - been inventing laws by which to stymie brexit too.
    That the judges involved have business's and investments in the EU, of course bears no consequence.

Leaving the EU was what the British people wanted, want and still want to have come true. Yet remainers who don't understand democracy or just don't care for it as long as it gives them what they want, have ruined what brexit could have been... Remainers have destroyed what brexit could and would have been, they blame the current situation on brexit when it is they themselves to blame for the mess we are in now. They have subverted our democracy, our parliament and the British electorate. They are still in the process of destroying our society and country. Yet they don't see it, they see only their selfish, ignorant, totalitarian ideal of staying within the EU. When it is against the will of the masses.

Screw all remainers who still campaign to stay within the EU, screw all remainers who are subverting democracy and screw all those who pretend to voice reason by saying they're allowed to do it. They all are traitorous scum.

Well, that was therapeutic to write. o/
    This was alot of words for what dumbs down to " I want to cut my nose off to spite my face and damn anyone who tells me otherwise."

Welp I hope you enjoy the fallout of Brexit cause it is going to fuck your economy and country hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Um, you know most of the Muslims in the UK come from the Commonwealth and not from the EU right? You'll see literally no change in regards to islam in the UK. But have fun, I guess.
    We'll likely see an increase in Muslim immigrants as British Asians bring family members over for the work previously done by EU citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

The referendum gave no mandate as it was a simple binary choice that gave no indication of how much economic pain Leave voters were willing to swallow to ensure the wealthy elites they followed got richer. The only reason a Remain supporter ended up in charge was because the pro-Leave politicians either skulked off to the shadows knowing it was to be a complete shit-show or they were empty populists who never had a hope of delivering the bullshit they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    This was alot of words for what dumbs down to " I want to cut my nose off to spite my face and damn anyone who tells me otherwise."

Welp I hope you enjoy the fallout of Brexit cause it is going to fuck your economy and country hard.
    All that remainers rhetoric boils down to is "i want to cut all your noses off just cause we dont like what you voted for"

Any fallout now can be solely laid at the feet of remainers, those scum-buckets have screwed brexit over and our country. Take it you're not british from the "your economy and country" line, mind if I ask where you're from and why you deem it to be bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    We'll likely see an increase in Muslim immigrants as British Asians bring family members over for the work previously done by EU citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

The referendum gave no mandate as it was a simple binary choice that gave no indication of how much economic pain Leave voters were willing to swallow to ensure the wealthy elites they followed got richer. The only reason a Remain supporter ended up in charge was because the pro-Leave politicians either skulked off to the shadows knowing it was to be a complete shit-show or they were empty populists who never had a hope of delivering the bullshit they promised.
    I'm not an elite rich whatever, I build and repair boats. I voted leave, as did everyone else I know. Nothing you said is any reason why the vote should not be enacted. How is the format of the question relayed in a referendum any criteria for whether or not it should be enacted.

Had remain won by a small margin, then just as valid that should not be mandated and enacted? No, you can be damn sure we'd have remained and some. It's about time remainers get over their losers grief and find their stiff upper lips again then just keep calm and carry on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still want?

Take another vote. See what happens. If people still want to go, then that should be the last nail, no?

Yeah.

So everything you just wrote has either been debunked a million times already, or it's just utter bullshit.

But you do you boo.

Also there's a mega thread for this where you can vent your delusions.

All that remainers rhetoric boils down to is "i want to cut all your noses off just cause we dont like what you voted for"

Any fallout now can be solely laid at the feet of remainers, those scum-buckets have screwed brexit over and our country. Take it you're not british from the "your economy and country" line, mind if I ask where you're from and why you deem it to be bad?
    Blame can be placed on the wealthy politicians and their supporters who lied to push Brexit for their own enrichment, and the major political parties who fucked around playing party politics and putting self-interest first instead of working together across Parliament to make the best of a bad job.

I'm not an elite rich whatever, I build and repair boats. I voted leave, as did everyone else I know. Nothing you said is any reason why the vote should not be enacted. How is the format of the question relayed in a referendum any criteria for whether or not it should be enacted.
    I didn't say you were an elite rich whatever, I said the only people who would benefit are the wealthy elite and professional politicians who pushed the Leave campaign.

Because "Leave" covers a wide swathe of options, technically the referendum would be respected with a Norway model where we obey EU regulations, accept free movement and pay fees but no longer get any votes in the EU parliament.

Had remain won by a small margin, then just as valid that should not be mandated and enacted? No, you can be damn sure we'd have remained and some. It's about time remainers get over their losers grief and find their stiff upper lips again then just keep calm and carry on.
    If Remain had won by a small margin we would have kept the status quo, if you want to strip rights away from people in the UK and make the majority worse off then you had better make damn sure it's being done in a way that has a strong mandate.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2019-10-27 at 01:58 AM.

Before the vote, brexit ideals were awesome. After brexit a remainer takes over and a remainer parliament screws it all up.

Before Activision, Blizzard was perfect. After Activision... well, here we are.

Thats a great analogy actually. Good point.
    The brexit ideals at the time were "Why not get norway deal." "No one is syaing leave the single market." and all that shit.

Farage on the night when it looked like remain was going to win with about 52% of the vote openly called for neverendum (Essentially we must have another vote soon to get the one we want.)

Wasn't it a non binding referendum?

Also didn't Johnson and Farage completely lie about the benefits to your NHS and whatnot?

Aren't they still looking into Russian interference with the Brexit referendum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, the people were informed about the details. Yet they still wanted to leave. Whatever 'best interests' you have, they do not counter the wishes of an entire nation.
    Just because they read a piece of paper means they actually understood the the pros and consequences of the measure. What it would take to get there, what it would mean for the country...or that they've even read it...They hear 'INDEPENDENCE! FUCK YEAH!' Brexit isn't just like leaving a guild. Its sweeping economic changes. Just my take from an outsider, someone as sweeping as Brexit shouldn't have been down to a simple majority.

Mind you, a number of Brexit voters voted for it for the chaos.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Wasn't it a non binding referendum?

Also didn't Johnson and Farage completely lie about the benefits to your NHS and whatnot?

Aren't they still looking into Russian interference with the Brexit referendum?
    Leave campaign did lie, they broke the rules to the point if it was binding it would be declared void, stated numerous times that their goal was something akin to norway, promised to push for more votes if they lost by a similar margine. Basically told thier supporters not to listen to anything the government state would be the cost of brexit (Which they now claim they wanted anyway)

We already have a megathread for Brexit.