Thread: if anduin dies

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Oh no I didnt mean the player base i meant the world itself.

I mean honestly, What has he done for the Alliance?
    Was about to lose a war that was nearly already won.

So yeah, even in the game world his death should cause parades and celebrations.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Implying they can't just retcon it out of existence.
    They won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    They won't.
    Why not? When has it ever stopped them before?

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I don't see Turalyon since he's already affiliated with the Lightforged. Wyrmbane isn't a bad nomination.
    He's affiliated, not the leader of them. He was part of the Human army and led the assault into Outlands, he has a larger chance than most to be the Human leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    They won't.
    Except for the part where they already said that the comic depicting an old Anduin is nothing more than a potential future in an interview with Taliesin and Evitel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Peace and love between the horde doesn't stop literally ever other force in the universe....
    ^ This, I just don't understand why players have this notion that the game is unplayable unless the horde and alliance are at each others throats. Are there that many warmongers out there, ones that want to see death unending? o.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Why not? When has it ever stopped them before?
    It seems like they’re making a point with the comic, even though it’s just a “potential” future or whatever. Anduin’s only just become King, they won’t kill him for a very long time (if ever during WoW’s cycle).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but Anduin has the biggest Plot Armor in this game: we already saw him in the Vindicaar as an old man. Anduin will not die in our lifetime, or at least until we made a BIIIIIIIIIG timeskip.

What could happen is that they bring back somehow Varian, he goes back being the leader, and Anduin now joins a new faction.
    Med'an was once poised to be a central character until his becoming Guardian of Tirisfal was deemed non-canon and he was subsequently quietly phased out of existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Fully this. There is a lot of ways of making the alliance interesting but this is the best one so far
    Its really not hard, just imagine if jainas story was written from jainas point of view with anduin as a side character. his words might have some influence but they wouldnt dominate her thoughts. anduin is clearly the writers self insert with everyone else as secondary characters who exist to boost his ego.

jaina was honestly the character i was most interested in going into BFA, having her father proven right twice over would be enough to wrack her with guilt after defying him and siding with the mopnsters that killed him, and being imprisoned in her own homeland on her own mothers orders would be soul crushing.
    She was badass in 8.1, and then due to plot requirements she became a whimpering pup lying at anduins feet being thrilled at her own tormented brother joining the opposing faction.
    it just makes no sense, its much like how the entire horde roster who overthrew garrosh and lived with regrets of the first 2 wars and cemented their concept of honor and pride after the overthrow of garrosh were just peachy with sylvanas one uping all of their previous war crimes in one shot.
    The entire faction war story has been utterly unconvincing. none of it has made any sense, and i think the damage is done and its too late to fix it at this point.
    All i can hope for is a hard reset next expansion with a time skip. 20 years of peace and new conflicts begin, old wounds opened and a new threat is on the rise, blah blah blah. I just find it too hard to care for any of the current roster at the moment since none of them are working in their own interests, the only reason i can see this being a thing is that they needed to stamp out the war so they could do some drastic time skip without having any action happen in that time.

Anduin will not die, we know he lives to old age and that is canon until blizzard says it isn't. So, just forget about it. He is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    how exactly has he failed as a character? on the contrary he’s been pretty damn successful.

you not liking him doesn’t mean he’s failed. what is it that you don’t like about him?
    There's ample explanation for this in this thread. Maybe you wanna try and read it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Sorry, but Anduin has the biggest Plot Armor in this game: we already saw him in the Vindicaar as an old man. Anduin will not die in our lifetime, or at least until we made a BIIIIIIIIIG timeskip.
    To be fair, it's been stated that in the comic in question, his being old and leading some final battle is a "possible future".

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    ^ This, I just don't understand why players have this notion that the game is unplayable unless the horde and alliance are at each others throats. Are there that many warmongers out there, ones that want to see death unending? o.0
    It has nothing to do with Horde and Alliance not being at each others throats, merely how we get there...

Sorry, but Anduin has the biggest Plot Armor in this game: we already saw him in the Vindicaar as an old man.
    Even if the flashforward remains unchanged, we don't know that he CAN'T die. For example, the Anduin in that comic could be a clone or gnomish transporter duplicate, with the original having succumbed to the mistakes of his misspent youth decades ago, or even just post-resurrection or redemption from some God-King of Azeroth phase where he first mechanizes and then Lightforges himself on top of that in order to stave off the fall of Stormwind. He could have traveled back from an alternate future. Or it might not even be that far into the future; he could be aged by fel magic, like Khadgar was.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Killing Anduin wouldn't accomplish anything. They'd just have Jaina or Velen take over as the "Fighting back is wrong" character and then everything would continue exactly the way it is.

It's not the characters that are the problem. It's the writers. They rely on Alliance incompetence to justify the Horde's continued existence. Writing Anduin out wouldn't stop them from doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Killing Anduin wouldn't accomplish anything. They'd just have Jaina or Velen take over as the "Fighting back is wrong" character and then everything would continue exactly the way it is.

It's not the characters that are the problem. It's the writers. They rely on Alliance incompetence to justify the Horde's continued existence. Writing Anduin out wouldn't stop them from doing that.
    I just don't understand how you can say this after we spent literally whole expansion fighting back. We attacked Undercity, Dazaralor and Orgrimmar. We had a whole War Campaign going where we did a lot of attacking.

I mean, what else do you want? To have Anduin scream Alliance version Loktar O'gar or something? Heck he even does that, really.

I think it really does him no justice all this BS about how he is some docile lamb or some such after this giant clusterfuck of BfA war - believe it or not it's absolutely ok to wish for peace first, that's a sensible thing to do. But it seems he means business just fine too when push comes to shove.

@bloodmoth13 summarizes everything that needs to be said about Anduin. While killing him off would be cathartic, it'd also be pointless, because the character could immediately be fixed by just changing how people react to him. On the other hand, killing him without changing the writing would result in what @Tyrathius said. It'd just be Baine, Jaina or Thrall and the cancerous messaging would continue through them. Hell, Jaina "Just kill my dad fam" Proudmoore was the Anduin of her time before Cata.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-10-27 at 09:57 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

FAO the people saying that Anduin lives to the far future - this was debunked by a Dev podcast several months back (think it was a T&E video) where they say this is one of many possible futures for Anduin, not the one that the game is heading in. As such, it's not a certainty that he will never die because this is a different timeline to the one in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I just don't understand how you can say this after we spent literally whole expansion fighting back. We attacked Undercity, Dazaralor and Orgrimmar. We had a whole War Campaign going where we did a lot of attacking.
    1. Attacked Undercity - even the devs say it was a phyrric victory at best
    2. Attacked Dzaralor: pushed the Zandalari trolls to join the Horde
    3. Attacked Orgrimmar - remember- he said Alliance went from "winning on all fronts" to being "vastly outnumbered"
    4. Darkshore warfront - losing Delaryn and Sira, the ridiculous mascara scenario that achieved absolutely nothing but humiliating the nelf leader even more...

5. the downtalking of Tyrande by this kitten and her being villified for wanting vengeance, no closure for Teldrassil, no new capital for the 2nd most popular Alliance race... because, muh, human potential.

Also he did not stir a finger to protect his allies (might wanna remember nelven) and their citizens, reclaim their lands, or send any other help. He let them suffer and die in cold blood.

For me as a nelf player and fan, Anduin is the ingame manifestation of the devs hate boner for the nelves and their players.

So it's a simple matter of what goes around comes around
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-10-27 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    1. Attacked Undercity - even the devs say it was a phyrric victory at best
    2. Attacked Dzaralor: pushed the Zandalari trolls to join the Horde
    3. Attacked Orgrimmar - remember- he said Alliance went from "winning on all fronts" to being "vastly outnumbered"
    4. Darkshore warfront - losing Delaryn and Sira, the ridiculous mascara scenario that achieved absolutely nothing but humiliating the nelf leader even more...

5. the downtalking of Tyrande by this kitten and her being villified for wanting vengeance, no closure for Teldrassil, no new capital for the 2nd most popular Alliance race... because, muh, human potential.

Also he did not stir a finger to protect his allies (might wanna remember nelven) and their citizens, reclaim their lands, or send any other help. He let them suffer and die in cold blood.

For me as a nelf player and fan, Anduin is the ingame manifestation of the devs hate boner for the nelves and their players.

So it's a simple matter of what goes around comes around
    Who cares what the outcome is, as if all your "loktars" have anything better to show for their warmorgering. Garrosh is dead and Sylvanas is on the run after her humiliating public emotional breakdown.

The fact is that he went in full force and not dropped to his knees sobbing trying to make peace with Sylvanas because peace thing, as some here try to push.

In the end whatever he did brought Sylvanas down for all her smug squibs and edgelord bullcrap and he did it by fighting the war and destroying her silly goose faction from within.

Also if he's such a Mary Sue, then whatever you said certainly does not match that character. You boys need to choose one, either he's Mr. Perfect Mary Sue or you are all full of shit. I suspect the latter.

I think Anduin represents just right mix of common sense and power projection, contrary to most of the other faction leaders who choose to be edgy as fuck for ??? reasons.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-10-27 at 12:40 PM.