Not long now until Blizzcon. Hopefully Blizzard won't actually set the entire expansion in the Shadowlands, i have mentioned before why that is a stupid idea.

Still holding out for a World revamp, even if the cinematic is real or the expansion actually being called Shadowlands preclude it from happening.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I'm just saying it's not our of the ordinary for Blizzard to give with these kinds of names.
    I know, I know... but it's just so dumb. But as you said, definitely not out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not long now until Blizzcon. Hopefully Blizzard won't actually set the entire expansion in the Shadowlands, i have mentioned before why that is a stupid idea.

Still holding out for a World revamp, even if the cinematic is real or the expansion actually being called Shadowlands preclude it from happening.
    Your hope is noble, and we should all feel inspired by your unshakable faith, o mighty piece of bread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I know, I know... but it's just so dumb. But as you said, definitely not out of the ordinary.
    Even Ironforge is like.. What do we call this big city that's basically just a huge place to melt things?

3+ Year Old Account
    That's such a stupid name. So redundant. It's like calling a place... I don't know, Citadel's Fortress?
    Yet they did it for Diablo III. Do you think Blizzard is above uninspired names? Unless they replace Golden with Gaiman I can totally see them naming places Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Which character are you drawing a parallel with?
    Rake, someone who hated the living and created chaos to fight a larger foe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Is Legion the most obvious xpac in WoW's history? I remember everyone and his mother could predict it.
    Well, I feel like an idiot because I didn't see that one coming at all. I thought they were setting up the Legion threat for later (after all, at that point in the story it was firmly established as the final boss of the universe).

I put all my money in the "nagas took over Azeroth while we were on Draenor" theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Can you give an example? They do go for stupid names but it's more in multiple "cool" words smashed together. A single word by itself? Can't think of a good example.
    Desolate....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Desolate....
    That's kinda fitting though

Blizzard usually does exactly whats expected of them, lore-wise. People like to speculate how things end up and its usually the most obvious way. That alone makes me think shadowlands is a legit leak, because it would make so much sense with where the story on retail is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yet they did it for Diablo III. Do you think Blizzard is above uninspired names? Unless they replace Golden with Gaiman I can totally see them naming places Bastion.
    Golden doesnt come up with the names, thats way above her paygrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Return of the Aspects
    A "leak" that isn't obvious BS? That makes a pleasant change. It may not be true, but at least it's plausible.

Guessing right is not the same as having insider information.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Blizzard usually does exactly whats expected of them, lore-wise. People like to speculate how things end up and its usually the most obvious way. That alone makes me think shadowlands is a legit leak, because it would make so much sense with where the story on retail is going.
    If we go by obvious reasoning then Shadowlands is definitely not becoming more than a single zone. It is what happened to the Emerald Dream and Argus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Welcome back June Bug!
    Thanks! Saw the Bolvar image yday and realised I completely forgot about leak season >_>

Never too late to join the hype train though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagakure View Post
    A "leak" that isn't obvious BS? That makes a pleasant change. It may not be true, but at least it's plausible.
    It's one of the safest. But imo it lacks the "twist" Blizzard has been adding to its expansions for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Someone fucking shop this into The Bolvar and Sylvanas. Or better into the official Box design.
    I got you, fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    I wouldn't say WoD or BfA were the most obvious.

It's one of the safest. But imo it lacks the "twist" Blizzard has been adding to its expansions for quite some time now.
    That's exactly the twist. Gotta keep things fresh, can't keep doing the same thing.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If we go by obvious reasoning then Shadowlands is definitely not becoming more than a single zone. It is what happened to the Emerald Dream and Argus.
    But Argus got 3 zones. And ED also had multiple if you count the boss arras as parts of other zones (tho ED is a stretch since its just a raid + druid class ability teleport room)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambio View Post
    Golden doesnt come up with the names, thats way above her paygrade.
    True. Anyway as long we have places like Desolace, Capital City, Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, Firelands and Dark Portal, I wouldn't view Bastion as out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I got you, fam.

Jesus. Why would you do this to us?