10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    WoD had insane potential to be honest. The first few months of it were amazing. Good leveling, amazing visuals all around, Highmaul and BRF were both great. 6.1 was verry lacking though with only the ring questline and while i liked HFC the others parts of 6.2 like Tannan were really bad. And then they just ended the expansion only 7 months into it.
    The first few months were honestly just unstable servers and huge queues

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

like, does anyone recognize the mace from anywhere?

it's driving me nuts, but i feel like i've seen something exactly like it before.

This is what we've been discussing yesterday. Look at the fists and the skulls on the corrupted versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    WoD had insane potential to be honest. The first few months of it were amazing. Good leveling, amazing visuals all around, Highmaul and BRF were both great. 6.1 was verry lacking though with only the ring questline and while i liked HFC the others parts of 6.2 like Tannan were really bad. And then they just ended the expansion only 7 months into it.
    Funnily enough, the onnly think WoD really lacked to be great, beyond a third patch with a Shattrath raid. Was really only to have World quests and M+.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And frankly one of the good things about WoD was the design of the Warlords. I mean they are all 100% orcish, but distinct. Like the 13 dwarves in the Hobbit movies.
    The Lords of War shorts were amazing, just wanna point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankincense View Post
    I am really not a fan of tinkers. But then I am not a fan of technology in warcraft in general. I think I was somewhat alright with dwarven blunderbusses and rickety zeppelins, but then we got laser gun-looking things and Naaru tech and giant, flying, light-infused mech suits and gnomish amputees with robotic limbs and it's all just too much for me.

However, since they seem to be quite popular I would still be happy for those who finally get them.
    Oh yeah... zeppelins, blunderbusses, bombs were okay. Spaceships and flying mech suits are IMO bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I mean Bjolnir just looks like a generic fiery death mace to me. Which there are a lot of variations out there
    It's more than that to me, it feels like I've seen it before but I can't put my finger on it. Or maybe it just reminds me of this NPC model:

7+ Year Old Account
    I still stand that what made WoD bad was not the time travelling orc shit (from which we got to visit Draenor, and later playable brown orcs) BUT that they cut it short. If they had the fahralon tier it would be considered a good expansion with amazing raids and zones but subpar story setting. (heck even with only 3 raids people agree that it had some of the best raids)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Funnily enough, the onnly think WoD really lacked to be great, beyond a third patch with a Shattrath raid. Was really only to have World quests and M+.
    I don't know if I'm in the minority but I think M+ is one of the worst things that ever happened to this game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In before we get a WoD 2.0.

Announcement on stage:
    After our failure with time traveling we will try it again, we will go back to Draenor and help out everyone that needs help.

Features:
    - Shattrath Raid
    - Skyreach 2.0 but as a raid
    - The same dungeons but m+ added (i do think so might make a nice challenge then)
    - etc etc.
    - World quests

In all seriousness: rehashing a shitload of content to make up an xpac will be a great move to lose players. (So i doubt wotlk 2.0)

The mace from that (incredibly well-made) cinematic shot does look familiar to me as well. Also, what's that dark shape in the bottom right corner? Just next to his skull-elbow thingy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Haywood View Post
    I don't know if I'm in the minority but I think M+ is one of the worst things that ever happened to this game.
    I don't like it either. It's just a huge Schwanzvergleich

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    No expansion after WotLK*, because as far as I remember people liked TBC and WotLK.
    I absolutely hated WotLK toward the end and couldn't wait for Cata.

I would imagine their thinking on it was:

"Hey, we are planning on making yearly expansions, so now is the time to come here with your ideas that would not normally fill an entire expansion"
    "What about time-travelling orcs? We have a bit of extra PR for the movie that is starting production soon, and players loved TBC, so being reminded of it should be good"
    "Perfect, let's do that"

Then the idea of yearly expansion failed, and Blizzard realized that they had to make do with what they got and move on to Legion and hope that the scraps they had left for WoD was enough to tide players over for Legion. Otherwise the risk they were running were falling behind in quality each expansion and losing more subscribers each patch.
    WoD was made to bring back guldan to life. Legit the only reason. Cus they needed him for Legion, they plan expansions years in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    We all have that same feeling about the mace and the general consensus about it is that we have seen it in the future and we're all getting glimpses of that through some kind of temporal echo. No one has been able to find anything close to this mace, yet we all feel like we've seen it before. It's a mystery!
    i've been thinking it's something from warhammer. i need to go see if i can find a list of warhammer online weapon and armor models.

but also, i'm thinking it's something from the forge of souls, so i need to look through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    WoD was made to bring back guldan to life. Legit the only reason. Cus they needed him for Legion, they plan expansions years in advance.
    Don't think so. It's not like Gul'dan was the only way to bring back the Legion.

Man, this thread exploded over the last couple of days. I dread to think how it's going to blow up on Monday when I'm out all day and don't make it home until late.

Don't think so. It's not like Gul'dan was the only way to bring back the Legion.
    No but they wanted it to be guldan. Its very obvious if you replay the WoD campaign.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/rp6MrbK.png[IMG]

This is what we've been discussing yesterday. Look at the fists and the skulls on the corrupted versions.
    the skull is familiar, but the back part and the part you hit people with are what's mainly triggering my memory.

the general design is VERY warhammer.

7+ Year Old Account

Bolvar switch spec from Tank sword+shield to DPS one hand mace?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Man, this thread exploded over the last couple of days. I dread to think how it's going to blow up on Monday when I'm out all day and don't make it home until late.
    That's nothing compared to what's gonna happen the closer we get to Blizzcon.
    Hype trains (we still need a new one)
    Hamster pictures
    MORE Taylor Gifs
    Trademarks
    etc.