10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Sad thing is United would still have had trouble scoring :')
    Well, we'd have scored one then defended that goal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Well, we'd have scored one then defended that goal!
    That goal would have been the 92nd minute penalty.

If we're being completely honest, if we got 1-0 up against Southampton and they got the red card we would have pulled back to defend our lead and they would probably have scored a 1-1 goal in second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    If we're being completely honest, if we got 1-0 up against Southampton and they got the red card we would have pulled back to defend our lead and they would probably have scored a 1-1 goal in second half.
    Yeah I couldn't help thinking back to last year when Watford went down to 10 men against Arsenal and we valiantly grinded a 1-0 win.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another solid point away from home for the blades. Would say it was a fair result both teams had chances to win it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Another solid point away from home for the blades. Would say it was a fair result both teams had chances to win it.
    Hope you guys stay up, decent side and anything to stick it to the Wednesday fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    What's so funny about Klopp is that his losing persona is like the Hyde to his banter Jekyll. He turns into a guy who practices fist pumps by punching walls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watching United, can someone explain why VAR gave the first penalty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Xhaka is the prime example of why a team vote is a bad way to choose your captain.

Can't understand that VAR decision on Sokratis' goal. A 50/50 chance the least and then to overturn it on VAR is just pathetic. If the referee would have made the same decision in-game I guess it wouldn't feel as bad but to overturn that on VAR, wtf. It's like they are searching for reasons to overturn the calls on the pitch and that is not the point of VAR, only to change clear mistakes on the pitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Can't understand that VAR decision on Sokratis' goal.
    I can. The FA and referees will do everything in their power to make VAR look as shit as possible so they can use it as a scapegoat and get rid of it. Laughable really cause it only makes you look like fools to the rest of the world.

Clubs and players should be raiding the FA until they properly implement it like fucking Spain. It's about time these shit, egoistical refs got what they deserved instead of being protected.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2019-10-27 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I can. The FA and referees will do everything in their power to make VAR look as shit as possible so they can use it as a scapegoat and get rid of it. Laughable really cause it only makes you look like fools to the rest of the world.

Clubs and players should be raiding the FA until they properly implement it like fucking Spain. It's about time these shit, egoistical refs got what they deserved instead of being protected.
    Yeah, as I regularly watch all of Bayern's game I rarely see a bad use of it. Sometimes it has felt like it hasn't intervened enough but I rather have it that way than wondering if every goal will count because there might be something there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching United, can someone explain why VAR gave the first penalty?
    Same reason as I mentioned; VAR is implemented poorly, the people who operate it are clowns and the refs in the Prem are donkeys.

I feel like VAR is becoming a joke honestly. Feels like a better solution would be to have a monitor available at the sideline and IF a key moment like penalty or red card happens and the referee didn't have a good angle, he could go out and get to see the replay. I feel like the issue with VAR and rewatching the replay 20 times from 3 different angles is that eventually, when you roll the clip enough times you can convince yourself of anything.

Krul put in a shift and a half today, shame about the line in front of him being so damn leaky :/

Josh Kroenke at the match today. Surely it's about to all kick off at Arsenal? Xhaka telling the fans to fuck off when he's being booed for walking slowly off the pitch at 2-2. Poisonous atmosphere against Emery. Performances getting worse not better. Supporters more divided over the Ozil situation than Brexit. Disaster at Arsenal right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I feel like VAR is becoming a joke honestly. Feels like a better solution would be to have a monitor available at the sideline and IF a key moment like penalty or red card happens and the referee didn't have a good angle, he could go out and get to see the replay. I feel like the issue with VAR and rewatching the replay 20 times from 3 different angles is that eventually, when you roll the clip enough times you can convince yourself of anything.
    Having a monitor on the sideline is how they do it in Belgium at least, and I think Germany too? Either way I agree, seems like a better solution then having a VAR room. The first penalty was in no way a penalty whatsoever. I was actually glad Krul saved it because it felt wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually glad Krul saved it because it felt wrong.
    Wrong or not, it should have been retaken anyway because Krul was clearly off his line before the ball was kicked.
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Wrong or not, it should have been retaken anyway because Krul was clearly off his line before the ball was kicked.
    Ah, didn’t see that, nor did the Belgian commentary say anything about it.

https://twitter.com/EnRouteAnfield/s...676263936?s=19

I would have loved to see the comments about this if it had been Mané or Salah.