Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Where are people getting BfA being a weak expansion from?

Also, what is that second point even supposed to mean? "skin variation having mechanical differences"?

Third point isn't really all that much worse than a new class. You're basically contradicting yourself there. Balancing is a much simpler act than you're imagining, and contrary to claims, has generally gotten better over time.
    BfA is universally accepted as a close contender to WoD. Be it subjective or not, Blizz has taken a cue on that.

I'll explain mechanical differences based on the notorious example of Dark Rangers being a Hunter skin. A Dark Ranger is defined by being an assassin, using Shadow magic, using Mind Control, using life drain and occasionally reanimating. Hunter has no abilities that can be reskinned to the mentioned mechanics.

Third point is clear and not contradicting. 10 new specs are a nightmare compared to 2-3 spec being added. Besides, adding a spec on an existing class means that some based skills will be spread so it will affect existing specs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Would make more sense for her to still have a deal with Sargeras so she goes to free him.
    Nonsense. Everyone wants to marry The bolvar.

1k is current goal before the announcement ceremony starts. And I expect a couple dozen more before the WoW part comes.

Tho realistically, I'm thinking 1k is gonna happen on thursday at latest and before the ceremony we'll be at at least 1.2k

- - - Updated - - -

No, Teriz is 100% only up for tinkers...
    nah i know more people are for tinker but are bios on class aswell but teriz is the one that screws himself over cant say he is speaking for the others that want tinker clas

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    I like to think that blizzard put several idea and adapted them in every game they made at that time ( Starcraft, warcraft, diablo )

The genesis of the Diablo Universe with Anu might be somehow how Elune came to be into the warcraft universe.

It is stated that WoW universe was born with a clash between void and light.

The diablo universe is exactly the same, but they went to explain what was this clash and how it came to be. In chronicles, we still don't have any word on it, and Elune is not explained at all, I believe the answers lies in what was before the universe of WoW, and it'll be something very similar to Anu in the Diablo universe.
    Also the Light/Void duality is very reminiscent of sci-fi lore and Starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how exactly do fake leaks prove anything? People in this thread make fake leaks too... Fake leaks are just wishlists and not actual info.
    This line of argumentation is assuming that the recent Shadwolands leaks is real (I personally don't believe it is). If it is real, then that means that the earlier Shadowlands leaks had some truth in them as well, since they got the expansion name, and general theme of the expansion correct.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I imagine Elune to be a "balance" deity of sorts. Cruel and methodical about it. Also inclined to believe she allowed Teldrassil to burn for the sake of a greater scope she has in mind.

She will most likely play a role in the "cycle of life" chapters we might encounter in the Shadowlands, one way or another.
    I still don't think she 'allowed' Teldrassil to burn for any kind of reason other than it being a mortal conflict. I think she and several other beings are bound by some... laws of nature or oaths to those to not take people's free will away, on such a scale. Giving priests/shaman/druids/chosen creatures powers, ok. If a great sacrifice is made, maybe some greater interference, like saving all of the remaining inhabitants of Teldrassil from the pain because the priestesses decided to stay with them to give comfort until the last moment, ok. But simply step in herself, smite all fighting forces with her rage and ending the conflict then and there by force.... That's a bit too far. Mortals cherish their free will and you either respect it and accept that there will be terrible things happening too, or you don't and just act like Xe'ra (for example) and maybe like Meli... uh.. Ysera's daughter wants to. But you can't have it both ways. You're either a tyrant and impose your will or you aren't and accept the consequences. Same goes for the mortals: they either want to be free and accept the consequences or they don't and... well, accept the consequences of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This line of argumentation is assuming that the recent Shadwolands leaks is real (I personally don't believe it is). If it is real, then that means that the earlier Shadowlands leaks had some truth in them as well, since they got the expansion name, and general theme of the expansion correct.
    Shadowlands would've been a pretty obvious guess just knowing the foreshadowing about death imo.

Oooh, did I walk into the Great Tinker Wars 4: The Legend of Curly's Gold? Everyone knows that the new class to come from WC3 is Alchemist. Not sure why we're fighting anymore when we know that we will be striding into battle on glorious ogre mounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands was a long speculated expansion name and there have been no connections found between the recent logo with any of the same named leaks before. (trust me, I was one of the people searching for mentions of the Bastion or Kyrian in all the leaks we have)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Shadowlands would've been a pretty obvious guess just knowing the foreshadowing about death imo.
    Considering the leaks floating around with different names and themes at the time of the first Shadowlands leaks, and the leaks with different names and themes currently, I can't agree with that statement.

5+ Year Old Account
    Considering BfA is filled with hints towards death, and the realm of death in WoW is the Shadowlands, it doesn't really take Omniscience to make this guess, Teriz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    Oooh, did I walk into the Great Tinker Wars 4: The Legend of Curly's Gold? Everyone knows that the new class to come from WC3 is Alchemist. Not sure why we're fighting anymore when we know that we will be striding into battle on glorious ogre mounts.
    It's obviously gonna be Dominatrix, people wanted to play succubus since classic, and that will be just one of the specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands was a long speculated expansion name and there have been no connections found between the recent logo with any of the same named leaks before. (trust me, I was one of the people searching for mentions of the Bastion or Kyrian in all the leaks we have)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Considering BfA is filled with hints towards death, and the realm of death in WoW is the Shadowlands, it doesn't really take Omniscience to make this guess, Teriz.

Up until this past weekend, I hadn't seen a single Shadowlands leak since mid-September. Almost every recent leak has been Dragon-based.

It's obviously gonna be Dominatrix, people wanted to play succubus since classic, and that will be just one of the specs.
    Time to start linking armor set concepts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the leaks floating around with different names and themes at the time of the first Shadowlands leaks, and the leaks with different names and themes currently, I can't agree with that statement.
    Have you seen how many leaks there were during BfA that did guess the Souths Seas part correct, but absolutely nothing else? That's because some stuff can be obviously guessed, but that doesn't mean it was a leak

I just want a new healer

here is the thing while we teriz is digging hole in his messed up logic
    the dark ranger thing dont idmit that lore is a problem hard to make spec around it mind control is most likly not gona be heavy focus maby not gona be a thing
    they have solution to faction problem but it keeps getting ignored
    teriz cant take critizim at all
    necromancer still got a higher chance then dark ranger faction lock thing
    why are we pushing for the class thing again we dont know

its still not creativity that is the problem on the dark ranger its the lore
    you have solution its void ranger or night ranger but problem is if we go with the class to be raced locked like the dark ranger lore is pretty much around elves races
    demon hunter is class locked on night elf and blood elf
    i dont think blizzard gona make the next class a elf locked again

unless they do the same thing they did with alliad race and release more new classes that get release durining the expansion

Lets say they overhaul the talents; what "System" would make you the most excited? Classic-style? Cata? MoP?

Sounds like a fun class, but the other spec, Incubus, causes the ingame music to become "Wish You Were Here" on repeat. Forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even i prefer tinker than an edgelord elf hunter, enough of elf classes