Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    it was always fine for the planet to use reorigination device. It was not fine for life on that planet, but given the curse of flesh, why would titans bother?

- - - Updated - - -

Man, should I take a word of the Warcraft creators or some shitposter pushing his headcanon? Tough choice.
    Should probably take the word of someone who knows wtf they're talking about lol. They're alive otherwise the world would be dead in WOTLK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Being dead doesn't mean that there is no chance whatsoever for Yogg, C'Thun, or pretty much every bosses we ever killed (perhaps except the demons killed in the Nether) to be active again, so that doesn't really matter. What you meant to say is if it will ever be revealed that Yogg and C'Thun have been alive all the time - which would be a retcon. As of now, there have been many indications and statements telling us that they are dead. If you don't want to trust canonical sources, then I can only turn your own words back to you, "keep lying to yourself"
    What sources? There are none except for that QNA session. Something blizzard themselves are horrible at giving wrong info. Especially for lore specific questions.

If anything saying they're dead would be the retcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Should probably take the word of someone who knows wtf they're talking about lol. They're alive otherwise the world would be dead in WOTLK.
    It doesn't say in-game that all forms of killing an old god will result in planetary destruction. We could have killed their physical manifestation which didn't result in planetary h arm like happened when Yasharj was ripped free. The prisons they were in could have limited the planetary destruction. The Titan's could have been talking about ripping out most of their blood/metal/power as well as the physical manifestation. We didn't deal with Saronite or anything else. You don't know. In-game doesn't know.

Saying they are dead would not be a retcon because you have no in-game lore saying they are still alive.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-10-28 at 04:42 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What sources? There are none except for that QNA session. Something blizzard themselves are horrible at giving wrong info. Especially for lore specific questions.

If anything saying they're dead would be the retcon.
    It was at the Lore panel. But hey, we should take your word over Blizzard, sure!

Seems you moved past denial into bargaining territory! A couple more shitposts and it will be apathy stage.

Or you should pay attention to the other sources.

In-game lore is just a part of the canon, along with books and information from creators, and the game does not necessarily present the actual state of the Warcraft lore.
    The other part is a dev that is known for screwing up. I feel confident about dismissing him because we have pretty reliable sources about what happened, if there was some old god shenanigans involved, green Jesus, the earthen ring and the elementals would have told us about it.
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2019-10-28 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    The keepers are titan creations, everything they do, the titans can do it better.
    Doesn't change the fact that the device wasn't even built when the Old Gods were defeated, so how could they use it?
    I still see no plothole, so please show me.

The other part is a dev that is known for screwing up. I feel confident about dismissing him because we have pretty reliable sources about what happened, if there was some old god shenanigans involved, green Jesus, the earthen ring and the elementals would have told us about it.

And this pretty reliable sources are not Warcraft devs? Who are they then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that the device wasn't even built when the Old Gods were defeated, so how could they use it?
    I still see no plothole, so please show me.
    So they couldnt just build it before that??

- - - Updated - - -

And this pretty reliable sources are not Warcraft devs? Who are they then?
    Read what I write and then answer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saying we would have seen it mentioned before is not a reliable source. We don't hear about most lore until it happens.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Saying we would have seen it mentioned before is not a reliable source. We don't hear about most lore until it happens.
    So thrall, the shamans of the world and the elementals that can feel what is happening in the elemental planes just forgot to mention: "oh by the way, when you killed those 2 old gods it weakened the world pillar".

Also what you say its pretty generic, "hey guys sargeras was an Old God all along we just forgot to mention it"
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2019-10-28 at 05:59 PM.

So they couldnt just build it before that??

- - - Updated - - -

maybe the point of imprisoning them WAS to buy the time needed to build the device. Then Sargeras happened, the night elven kingdom happened, and the plans never came to fruition.

- - - Updated - - -

So thrall, the shamans of the world and the elementals that can feel what is happening in the elemental planes just forgot to mention: "oh by the way, when you killed those 2 old gods it weakened the world pillar".

Also what you say its pretty generic, "hey guys sargeras was an Old God all along we just forgot to mention it"
    The shamans did warn us of elemental unrest before the cataclysm happened. See: the shattering.

No, you should take the word of what is shown in the game.
    Where in-game does it say the old gods are still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    Where in-game does it say the old gods are still alive?
    You are confusing two different discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    maybe the point of imprisoning them WAS to buy the time needed to build the device. Then Sargeras happened, the night elven kingdom happened, and the plans never came to fruition.

- - - Updated - - -

The shamans did warn us of elemental unrest before the cataclysm happened. See: the shattering.
    Yeah because of deathwing, not because of the old gods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure. It is how in-game stuff works. We don't always here everything. Using your logic Kul'tiras ceased to exist until BfA because we never heard about anything going on there in-game.

Sure. It is how in-game stuff works. We don't always here everything. Using your logic Kul'tiras ceased to exist until BfA because we never heard about anything going on there in-game.
    Actually kul tiras not being mentioned anywhere before Bfa despite we knowing it exists is another thng that doesnt make sense in the story of the game. Another plothole.

You are confusing two different discussions.
    Well please enlighten me, you're arguing that we shouldn't trust/count what is said outside of official content/what is presented in-game. So I'd like to know where it's stated they are still alive...Genuine question because I didn't like the idea of them being killed and was dismayed at the dev saying they were, so if it is contradicted by an in-game source that is more recent I'd like to know

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually kul tiras not being mention anywhere before Bfa despite we knowing it exists is another thng that doesnt make sense in the story of the game. Another plothole.
    That isn't a plot hole. Of course it makes sense. It is a fictional creation that we only hear about when we are told about it. According to you every book ever written has plot holes because we were only told about things as they happened rather then before. Lol. Seriously. This is super hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    Well please enlighten me, you're arguing that we shouldn't trust/count what is said outside of official content/what is presented in-game. So I'd like to know where it's stated they are still alive...Genuine question because I didn't like the idea of them being killed and was dismayed at the dev saying they were, so if it is contradicted by an in-game source that is more recent I'd like to know
    Im not saying that we shouldnt trust other sources like books, audio dramas, cómics and what not, im saying we shouldnt trust one particular dev when he is in one specific context (Blizcon), because he usually makes mistakes, talks without thinking and forgets established lore.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't a plot hole. Of course it makes sense. It is a fictional creation that we only hear about when we are told about it. According to you every book ever written has plot holes because we were only told about things as they happened rather then before. Lol. Seriously. This is super hilarious.
    To be honest I dont understand the point you are trying to make here.

Actually kul tiras not being mentioned anywhere before Bfa despite we knowing it exists is another thng that doesnt make sense in the story of the game. Another plothole.
    you can't just accuse any restrictions in the story telling placed by the media of being plotholes.

I mean, you sure can, but it's silly. It's like you're implying that no actions happen in comic books because you only see still images with time skips inbetween them.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I dont understand the point you are trying to make here.
    I think it is clearly to most you don't understand the meaning of plot hole. You are saying something is a plot hole if we are never told about it before it happens. That is literally every work of fiction ever created. We are not told something is happening until it is created by the author. Every bit of lore about Warcraft has been revealed to us when ever Blizzard created it. That doesn't make every single bit of lore a plot hole.

But as you said you don't understand your own incorrect usage of the term.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    you can't just accuse any restrictions in the story telling placed by the media of being plotholes.

I mean, you sure can, but it's silly. It's like you're implying that no actions happen in comic books because you only see still images with time skips inbetween them.
    Im not sure what you are trying to say here, they can use different media and still tell a cohesive story without sources contradicting each other, one example of this is when jaina was missing during legion and later we see a comic showing she was fighting demons on her own.

I think the problem you have, and other people here have is that you dont ask yourself "does this make sense storywise?" you just go with it and take everything for granted.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is clearly to most you don't understand the meaning of plot hole. You are saying something is a plot hole if we are never told about it before it happens. That is literally every work of fiction ever created. We are not told something is happening until it is created by the author. Every bit of lore about Warcraft has been revealed to us when ever Blizzard created it. That doesn't make every single bit of lore a plot hole.

But as you said you don't understand your own incorrect usage of the term.
    "before it happens", dude by the time metzen said in a blizcon that the Cataclysm was caused by the death of the old gods, the cataclysm expansion have already happened, the explanation was already ingame, so no, your point doesnt apply here.
    Its like an author writing "this event happened because of A" and several pages later he writes "this event happened because of B" and never adresses his first statement despite it having ongoing ramifications over the story as a whole.
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2019-10-28 at 06:42 PM.