Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Then why isn't the rest of his body orange? The entire design looks weird. This is what he looks like.

Everything else can fuck off.

It just doesn't look like him. Why make him look like that? Not even the fire part of his body looks like him.

- - - Updated - - -

"Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that Bolvar Fordragon died with him"

I thought we were past that?
    It's one frame of the cinematic. It's WAY too early to pass on such judgement.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Feels like they fucked up with the eye color.

I'm sure there's a reason, but it just kinda clashes. Like a bad transmog where they throw in a recolor of the same armor piece.
    Disagree. Blue and orange are complementary colors, and the contrast draws the viewer's gaze to his face.

But there's probably a story reason for it anyway. That or they're just retconning it. Personally, I never liked that he altered the colors of the Helm when he donned it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Then why isn't the rest of his body orange? The entire design looks weird. This is what he looks like.

It just doesn't look like him. Why make him look like that? Not even the fire part of his body looks like him.

- - - Updated - - -

"Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that Bolvar Fordragon died with him"

Well obviously that didn't quite work out the way we intended. The Lich King in Legion (not Bolvar, the LICH KING) is an evil dick. Not quite yet Arthas level of evil, but this is obviously not Bolvar anymore. There is a number of quests where he invites you to slaughter innocent red dragons among other wicked deeds.

I think that's what they're trying to say, visually. That this is not the man we left behind on the Frozen Throne, but an evil, corrupt entity.

So the Lich King is not dead, but Bolvar is.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-10-28 at 08:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So after recylcing MoP we recycle WotLK

Jesus christ, the writing team is completely out of ideas
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Seems like a conspiracy theory to deter us away from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, it's very jarring.

Quick edit and it looks better to me.
    The Lichwing Deathking.

with the red eyes are much better

They likely leaked it on purpose anyway just to increase hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, it's very jarring.
    Quick edit and it looks better to me.
    Both of you guys realize the blue eyes might represent he is a bad guy now?

Blue=Ner'zhul

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Helm...on_(Lich_King)

I personally believe he will get blue eyes as part of him ''Mastering'' the Helmets power which I find okay.

As cool as the red eyes part was, it kinda makes sense that his body is all fire ish and the helmet cause his eyes to be blue due to the necromatic powers of the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Both of you guys realize the blue eyes might represent he is a bad guy now?

Blue=Ner'zhul

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Helm...on_(Lich_King)
    They can give whatever reason they want. It looks aesthetically wonky.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Feels like they fucked up with the eye color.

I'm sure there's a reason, but it just kinda clashes. Like a bad transmog where they throw in a recolor of the same armor piece.

So two possibilities, either they done fucked it up, or that blue eye color means that it's not really Bolvar in there anymore, and it's quite possibly Ner'zhul overtaking him.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

I think the eyes will change in the cinematic as he says something pertaining to it, from orange to blue, signifying the power of the Lich King. Then the print will be even more hyped.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

To be fair, why not bring back the fan favourite Character, story line, expansion etc. I know I'm super hyped for the Lich king coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualVader View Post
    I personally believe he will get blue eyes as part of him ''Mastering'' the Helmets power which I find okay.

As cool as the red eyes part was, it kinda makes sense that his body is all fire ish and the helmet cause his eyes to be blue due to the necromatic powers of the helmet.
    Mastering the helmet?

Seems to me is more being controlled by Ner'zhul or whatever something else?
    Otherwise it would be orange.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you didn't read chronicles 3. They said specifically that he was struggling to hold/push back the lich king. It was a constant struggle. On top of the fact that it took everything in him to hold the vast undead back from massing an all out attack on Aezeroth. Maybe he's finally been broke.

I'm hoping not, and its just a coloring mistake. But i'm hoping it's the latter
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Yeah, this is my fear. I wasn't the biggest critic, but the MoP retelling felt fairly uninspired, I hope this isn't just wotlk 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that the reason bolvar's eyes are blue are lore related and not 'whoopsie we dun goofed'.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

My god all those neckbeards who insisted it was fake trying to disprove it, no way was it faked with that level of detail, sure the OP's story was made up but yeah it was obviously a real snap from a cinematic.